ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Concerta
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Concerta (methylphenidate) Time released Ritalin - 10 hour long acting tablet.

Old 09-19-18, 01:09 PM

Dawn_h is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Feeling weird

Hello,

I started taking concerta (again) 6 days ago, after I stopped for about 2 years. Right now I am only on 18 mg, I used to be on 36mg, but can't really remember how I felt, except that I had many panic attack, being an anxious person.

The first 3 days were just perfect, I had so much focus and energy, I never had that much in my life. I did all my chores, did all my homeworks, felt very patient and happy.

Sadly, this didn't last. Since monday evening, I have beel feeling tired, anxious, dizzy and very irritated. This morning, I started crying for no apparent reason, and it took me a while to control myself. I do feel very anxious about the side effects of the concerta. I am scared to go to work because I don't know how I'm gonna react on the drugs, so maybe that's why I started crying.

I'm having a hard time to focus on my homeworks, I feel lazy, my shoulders feel heavy, my head is burning and my vision is blurry. I feel like I'm not controlling my body, you know, kinda like what depersonnalization does to you. I slept well the first 2 nights, but now my sleeping is not that good.

I'm wondering if these effects will wear off, or if it's just not the right pill for me? It's making me sad that it was working so well at the beginning..I'm wondering if I should stop them for a couple of days to see if I get better, my doctor is away for the week and I don't want to be feeling like that.

Have any of you ever experienced those effects?

Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to Dawn_h For This Useful Post:
benito (09-20-18)
Old 09-19-18, 02:32 PM
Committee Member

Emre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to all
Re: Feeling weird

You should call your doctor

It seems like more than a side effect

Maybe you have other disorders beside ADHD

Air Nomad Guru Laghima
Old 09-19-18, 04:42 PM

Hey,

My doctor is away for the week, so I think I won't take the meds until he comes back. I do have problems with anxiety, but I'm not sure what "other problems" you are thinking about?
The Following User Says Thank You to Dawn_h For This Useful Post:
Emre22 (09-20-18)
Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-18, 03:37 AM

benito is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn_h View Post
Hey,

My doctor is away for the week, so I think I won't take the meds until he comes back. I do have problems with anxiety, but I'm not sure what "other problems" you are thinking about?
I think you need something to rest at night. Do not take the pills this week and wait to talk to your doctor. Regards.

My meds

Morning: Vyvanse 50mg and effexor xr 75mg

night: Brintellix 20mg, lamictal 300mg, abilify 5mg, seroquel 200mg and clonazepam 0.5mg
Old 09-20-18, 05:26 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 32,408 Times in 15,013 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Does your doc have someone who is covering for them?

I carried a watermelon?
Old 09-20-18, 10:37 AM

Budkeiser is on a distinguished road

I would suggest to continue taking the medication as advised. It could be hormonal, diet, allergies or something else externally influencing the reaction.
Meanwhile if the side effects become intolerable, consult with the covering doctor or make an appointment with your doctor at first opportunity.
Old 09-20-18, 12:33 PM
Committee Member

Emre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn_h View Post
Hey,

I m not a psychatrist
Just my opinion

Air Nomad Guru Laghima
Old 09-20-18, 12:41 PM

Thanks for the answer. My doc will be back next week. I didn't take the pill today because I got scared yesterday with the panic attack.
I really feel like ****, I am exhausted (and I slept 9 hours), my body feels heavy, I'm Moody, time goes by so slowly and I CAN'T focus at all. I'm wondering if I should start taking them again or not.

I might have, what we call here, a "seasonal depression", because I started to get really tired and irritated at the end of August.