ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 01-17-12, 11:08 AM

shelby123 is on a distinguished road
Angry Waiting for the Ball to Drop Generic

I'm on a new generic today. I was taking 15 mg of Barr which was working well. Then I was on Eon blue 10 mg and 5 mg twice a day due to shortage. Now I am on an orange Eon 30 mg which I have to break in two.

The Blue Eons made me cranky at the end of the day. They still worked, just was so crabby when they wore off. I am hoping orange Eon isn't the same, because when I get home from work, I'll have to hide so my poor family doesn't have to deal with me.

So as the title says, I am waiting for the ball to drop.

I wonder if I decreased the dosage I wouldn't be crabby. I know the Barr has more fillers... have read some people feel they are less effective.

Any input/insight would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-17-12, 11:54 AM

Re: Waiting for the Ball to Drop Generic

Well, so far so good, I'm an hour into the new generic and am busy at work doing a mundane task that ordinarily I would put off for eternity.

Will keep you posted. If anyone cares. Ba ha ha.
Old 01-17-12, 02:20 PM
Forum Guru

purpleToes has much to be proud ofpurpleToes has much to be proud ofpurpleToes has much to be proud ofpurpleToes has much to be proud ofpurpleToes has much to be proud ofpurpleToes has much to be proud ofpurpleToes has much to be proud ofpurpleToes has much to be proud ofpurpleToes has much to be proud of

Shelby, could you specify which medication you're taking? I'm very curious about people's experiences with brand vs various manufacturers of generics and it matters whether they're talking about Adderall/mixed amphetamine salts or Dexdrine/dexfroamphetamine, or a combination of the two. Thanks!

(my experience is mainly with Dexedrine brand vs Barr dextroamphetamine.)
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-12, 05:48 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 2,811 Times in 1,492 Posts
spunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by k8e123 View Post
Shelby, could you specify which medication you're taking? I'm very curious about people's experiences with brand vs various manufacturers of generics and it matters whether they're talking about Adderall/mixed amphetamine salts or Dexdrine/dexfroamphetamine, or a combination of the two. Thanks!

(my experience is mainly with Dexedrine brand vs Barr dextroamphetamine.)
I believe this forum is specifically for Adderall (four amphetamine salts) so unless a poster gets mixed up and posts in the wrong forum, we can hopefully assume it's Adderall they're taking, if that helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to spunkysmum For This Useful Post:
purpleToes (01-20-12)
Old 01-17-12, 05:50 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 2,811 Times in 1,492 Posts
spunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond repute

I am on the Barr. I experience crankiness. Not always sure whether it's a curse or a gift. Sometimes I think if I never had AddeRage, I'd never have the guts to tell people off that need telling off!
Old 01-19-12, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunkysmum View Post
I am on the Barr. I experience crankiness. Not always sure whether it's a curse or a gift. Sometimes I think if I never had AddeRage, I'd never have the guts to tell people off that need telling off!
Well, at least I'm not the only one that gets AddeRage. There should be a puff of smoke above my head to warn people.