ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-10, 03:16 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Location: Floating around on a melting iceberg, north North America Canada
mildadhd has a reputation beyond reputemildadhd has a reputation beyond reputemildadhd has a reputation beyond reputemildadhd has a reputation beyond reputemildadhd has a reputation beyond reputemildadhd has a reputation beyond reputemildadhd has a reputation beyond reputemildadhd has a reputation beyond reputemildadhd has a reputation beyond reputemildadhd has a reputation beyond reputemildadhd has a reputation beyond repute
Clarity first thing in the morning?

When I get to sleep in I often have some sort of clarity for about 30 min or so when I am able to focus does anybody else experience this clarity?
FunnyHead
"In the history of the human race, those periods which later appeared as great have been the periods when the men and the women belonging to them had transcended the differences that divided them and had recognized in their membership in the human race a common bond" -Haile Selassie I
Old 02-21-10, 04:32 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

dude102 has a spectacular aura aboutdude102 has a spectacular aura about
Re: Clarity first thing in the morning?

Yup in the morning, which is why I need to start doing important stuff first thing in the morning. The more distractions I encounter throughout the day, the more my focus/memory wears off.
Old 02-21-10, 04:45 PM
ADDvanced Member

firefighter will become famous soon enough

My mornings are slow do to seroquil but they are my emotional mixup whether or not i take seroqel, and i am usally hurting from head to toe and as irritable as can be. wooo weeeee i cant stand noise, or any thing that requires my attention or i will be freaking out. get up and fing caffein and medicine. when i was little i had to have a glass of chocolate milk and i would slam it . i would drink it as fast as i could and i bet i was needing that sugar to alter my irritability
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-10, 05:03 PM
ADDvanced Member

let me share with you my morings. i have 3 step and 1 of my on. 2 of the children are twins age 6 . I usually wake up first so i can go to the kitchen and handle my buisness with my coke or tee or whatever we have for caffein. then i tell myself every morning " man i should not drink this caffein" may interfear with my meds. after that thought i fix me a glass of water and take vyvanse and cymbalta. i sometimes take some dex because it takes so long for vyvanse to start. when the wife gets her adhd tail up , she starts in on a cleaning, getting ready, laundry, waking of kids, and then it is on, like a pot of neck bones, two youngest are up first one add one not. add is adhd and off to the races. the other one thats not adhd follows directions well but has a need to follow mom throught her dash of the fastest pursiut within a hundreds miles back and forth from laundry room to the bathroom to the bedroom to etc... then... oh me... then the last but oldest gets up and it is time for my medication to be working or i outta here, the last to get up is a female 9 and add and does not like to get up and she is not one to reconize the loud verbal roll she plays. then we all watch.... mom vs daughter...... brush your teeth, 10 mins pass, brush your teeth and get dress...... 10 more mins pass........ as time passes voices increase is volume for some reason, which requirs more back talk, brush your teeth now, get dressed, and i told you to watch that mouth! then here it comes-----daddy do something with her..... of course i just happen to be in the middle of something so dont react this time. then i wait i few and ease in there and i say alight lets get it going in a low and calm voice and i get the few moments of venting about her mom.. lets just say it is a wild place here in the morning. after its all said and done kids to school 20 mins late, mom at work 20 mins late, me at work straight up on time.
Old 02-21-10, 05:17 PM
Zen moderator

Thanked 25,488 Times in 12,520 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

"a pot of neck bones" - ? wow that sounds insane. vivid writing thank you!

Well, I'm a morning person so that's when I think best. I've started leaving for work earlier so I can actually enjoy the thinking without worrying about missing the train etc.

If I sleep in it's great (weekends) - but not too late, and if I wait too long to get dressed then I get anxious and double brain-fogged.
Old 02-21-10, 05:40 PM

mildadhd has a reputation beyond reputemildadhd has a reputation beyond reputemildadhd has a reputation beyond reputemildadhd has a reputation beyond reputemildadhd has a reputation beyond reputemildadhd has a reputation beyond reputemildadhd has a reputation beyond reputemildadhd has a reputation beyond reputemildadhd has a reputation beyond reputemildadhd has a reputation beyond reputemildadhd has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stef View Post
"a pot of neck bones" - ? wow that sounds insane. vivid writing thank you!

Well, I'm a morning person so that's when I think best. I've started leaving for work earlier so I can actually enjoy the thinking without worrying about missing the train etc.

If I sleep in it's great (weekends) - but not too late, and if I wait too long to get dressed then I get anxious and double brain-fogged.
Stef
Morning Person is an interesting term, I wonder what science says about the term Morning Person?
Double Brain Fog, if I ever start a band thats what I will call it.
FH
"In the history of the human race, those periods which later appeared as great have been the periods when the men and the women belonging to them had transcended the differences that divided them and had recognized in their membership in the human race a common bond" -Haile Selassie I
Old 02-21-10, 05:49 PM
Zen moderator

stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

isn't that a real term? "morning person" and "night owl" ?
maybe I am mixing up sayings again. Because I am UNCLEAR at night.
seriously after a day at work I'm brain dead by dinner time. although it is sunday of course...
well let me know if you start a band!
The Following User Says Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
firefighter (02-21-10)
Old 02-21-10, 05:58 PM
ADDvanced Member

pot of neckbones actually is a southern analagy used alot in my area and atmosphere, and soul food is its deep roots.. i have tons of those southern sayings storded up in this mess of a brain..
Old 02-21-10, 06:09 PM
ADDvanced Member

In the south pork neck bones are prepared and older folks especially get a sense of excitement or pleasure from eating them. the way i used it was for the excitement value of it.. how about nelly going south, i dont know who she is, but when old folks use that it means getting gone and in a hurry, sarcasim would be when pigs fly or does a little bear crap in the woods. that mean that i aint playn its the truth..

nelly going south is also equal to gettn the hell outa dodge! which means you should of left yesterday. soul food, man i eat it alot. I have a choice of two places with in a block of my work and the best southern bbq within a block also. real deal. fried everything, and spaggetti with every meal. fish on friday or chitlins. making me hungry.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to firefighter For This Useful Post:
sarek (02-22-10), stef (02-21-10)
Old 02-21-10, 06:12 PM
ADDvanced Member

surly yall have heard these before, i am liking this, maybe i will take the time and see where yall are from. must be up north, they just dont get it up there. ha ha no offense , just poking fun
Old 02-21-10, 06:38 PM
Zen moderator

LOL - Minnesota! never heard any of those. Actually I didn't even know what soul food was. but I live in europe now.
Old 02-21-10, 07:21 PM

lctrfly is on a distinguished road

Absolutely - Its such a noticeable difference that I try to cram as much into that few hours as i can - before it wears off!

Also I have a second wind when lunch fatigue wears off - around 3 or 4 in the evening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunnyHead View Post
When I get to sleep in I often have some sort of clarity for about 30 min or so when I am able to focus does anybody else experience this clarity?
FunnyHead
Old 02-21-10, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stef View Post
isn't that a real term? "morning person" and "night owl" ?
maybe I am mixing up sayings again. Because I am UNCLEAR at night.
seriously after a day at work I'm brain dead by dinner time. although it is sunday of course...
well let me know if you start a band!
Stef
This is a problem I have had all my life.
When I joke 90% of the time, How do I expect people to take me seriously.
My morning person question is based on your real term.
I was wondering what the science was behind the morning person personality, there must be a common issue between all moring people.
FH
Old 02-21-10, 07:42 PM
Contributor

weareacc is just really niceweareacc is just really niceweareacc is just really niceweareacc is just really nice

I think it's just that they feel they function better in the morning. Whereas, I don't. My brain takes hours to wake up. I would LOVE to be able to get up early- just once!
Old 02-21-10, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weareacc View Post
I think it's just that they feel they function better in the morning. Whereas, I don't. My brain takes hours to wake up. I would LOVE to be able to get up early- just once!
Weareacc
I am the opposite, I ususally wake up at 5:00 or earlier.
I used to go out side and listen to the first bird chirp.
It is really neat. silence, then one chirp.
Chirp!
Then 10 seconds later
Chirp!
then 10 seconds later two birds
Chirp! Cherp!
then 10 seconds later four birds
Chirp! Cherp! Churp! Charp!
then what seems like thousands of Chirps!.....
FH