ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Relationships & Social Issues
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Relationships & Social Issues This forum is for adults with AD/HD to discuss how AD/HD affects personal relationships.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-10-18, 06:18 AM
ADDvanced Member

adhdseeker will become famous soon enough
Remembering online identities/people

Hey, I am involved in a few forums online, this one about ADHD and some others that aren't ADHD related. I am in general more active on the other ones, but even there, I find I have a really difficult time remembering who is who online. I tend to sort of just focus on the topics, rather than the person that shared the topic. I feel like other people here on this forum and in the other forums have this great sense of... let's call the person Reed -- what Reed posted last week, what is going on with Reed, who Reed is as a person above and beyond/outside of the post. It just gives me a sense that everyone else memorizes usernames and has a running tally/history of the life/story of each person online and I haven't developed anything like that. I am not opposed to doing this in the least, it's just really hard for me to keep track and doesn't come naturally to me. Anyone else have this experience? I almost find myself embarrassed wondering what other people have pinned together of me since I don't think of myself as managing an identity across time on a forum. It's very much post-by-post. I wonder if I changed my thinking to be more... dare I say, SOCIAL... if that would change? (I don't hardly know what that would mean or look like.) The fact that I don't remember makes me feel selfish or asocial in some way. I actually take a great deal of interest in people!

How easy is it for you to remember internet presences and keep track of peoples' posts?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to adhdseeker For This Useful Post:
daveddd (05-10-18), Lunacie (05-10-18)