ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Careers/Job Impact
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Careers/Job Impact This forum is for adults to discuss how AD/HD affects work and career.

Old 09-05-18, 04:17 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 30,292 Times in 13,958 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Priorities: would you take one more day off?

Thanks a lot for the kind words Heph. I have been trying to cut down on the negative self talk and today has been better. I wish I could cut down on browsing on my mobile. It's such a time sink with almost no benefit in return. I don't watch much TV but I spend way too much time on my phone mainly reading the news or political opinion pieces. It not just eats too much time that I don't have but it also depressed me more.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (09-08-18)
Old 09-05-18, 04:27 PM

Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh and I spoke to my manager today about possibly reducing my hours to three days a week. He couldn't have been nicer about it. He said it wasn't a problem and it was also never a problem to going back to four days or full time whenever I wanted to. He also said that if I wanted I could work a day from home instead.

I'm not too keen on that though. The nice thing is that it wouldn't require changing my contract or taking a pay cut but I'd still be working so wouldn't have more time for myself (though I'd save a bit of time on commute and getting ready.) Besides I don't work well from home.

We had a really good chat actually. Spoke a lot about a childcare and how to bring up kids and it really cheered me up. Just talking cheered me up actually. I tried to be a bit more social today and talk to people and it really made me feel better. Incredibly tons better.

Anyway, it would be nice to have a day off. The things I'm worried about if I do take a day off:

1. Wasting that day and feeling ****tier about myself
2. Being more likely to be made redundant by not contributing that much
3. If I really do hCs another baby which at this time looks highly unlikely my maternity pay will only be based on three days but as long as I'm this depressed I can't think of TTC anyway so it's a moot point maybe.
4. Hubby thinking that because ivd got a day off that I'll have loads of time and don't need any other more time during the rest of the week.
5. Putting more pressure on hubby to have to put up with crappy jobs.

Another thing is that actually I've got a new manager who sits half way across the globe (another thing that is making this job very confusing for me). So he will have to agree as well.

I'm wondering if I should wait till my psychiatrist appointment before making any decision but I don't want to waste too much time. I m really looking forward to doing lots of fun stuff.
Old 09-05-18, 06:26 PM

Thanked 3,984 Times in 2,052 Posts
acdc01 has disabled reputation

Boy, your workplace seems really nice. I'm glad you are feeling more social. Are you sure you are doing as bad as you think? The actions of your ex-manager doesn't suggest to me that you are doing poorly at all. Sounds like you can still make this job work for you. Though I don't understand the power your new manager has versus your old one.

Personally, since you can always change your mind from the sounds of it, I think you might as well just go for it unless you can't afford it. Glad it sounds like this is working out for you though I'm sorry you and your husband had a fight.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to acdc01 For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (09-06-18), psychopathetic (09-08-18)
Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-18, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc01 View Post
Boy, your workplace seems really nice. I'm glad you are feeling more social. Are you sure you are doing as bad as you think? The actions of your ex-manager doesn't suggest to me that you are doing poorly at all. Sounds like you can still make this job work for you. Though I don't understand the power your new manager has versus your old one.

Personally, since you can always change your mind from the sounds of it, I think you might as well just go for it unless you can't afford it. Glad it sounds like this is working out for you though I'm sorry you and your husband had a fight.
The company is very family friendly. They suck in many other ways but their being so family friendly was one of the reasons i wanted to join.

I don't know acdc. I had a good day yesterday and I did well. I tried to be social. I spoke up. I shared my ideas. All of them. And everyone was very friendly and open. Every day is different but maybe the thing that makes them different is my mood. Yesterday morning before work fuzzling was in a Surprisingly good mood so that helped.

My new manager is supposed to be nice too but I've got no relationship with him at all because he sits in another country, I've never met him and rarely talk to him. I doubt he's got a good impression of me because I've missed more (telephonic) meetings with him than I've attended and I haven't done half of the stuff he has asked me to do. And I never reply to any of his emails asking for ideas or anything else because it's boring.
Old 09-08-18, 04:28 PM

Hephzibah has a spectacular aura aboutHephzibah has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy12 View Post
Oh and I spoke to my manager today about possibly reducing my hours to three days a week. He couldn't have been nicer about it. He said it wasn't a problem and it was also never a problem to going back to four days or full time whenever I wanted to. He also said that if I wanted I could work a day from home instead.

I'm not too keen on that though. The nice thing is that it wouldn't require changing my contract or taking a pay cut but I'd still be working so wouldn't have more time for myself (though I'd save a bit of time on commute and getting ready.) Besides I don't work well from home.

We had a really good chat actually. Spoke a lot about a childcare and how to bring up kids and it really cheered me up. Just talking cheered me up actually. I tried to be a bit more social today and talk to people and it really made me feel better. Incredibly tons better.

Anyway, it would be nice to have a day off. The things I'm worried about if I do take a day off:

1. Wasting that day and feeling ****tier about myself
2. Being more likely to be made redundant by not contributing that much
3. If I really do hCs another baby which at this time looks highly unlikely my maternity pay will only be based on three days but as long as I'm this depressed I can't think of TTC anyway so it's a moot point maybe.
4. Hubby thinking that because ivd got a day off that I'll have loads of time and don't need any other more time during the rest of the week.
5. Putting more pressure on hubby to have to put up with crappy jobs.

Another thing is that actually I've got a new manager who sits half way across the globe (another thing that is making this job very confusing for me). So he will have to agree as well.

I'm wondering if I should wait till my psychiatrist appointment before making any decision but I don't want to waste too much time. I m really looking forward to doing lots of fun stuff.
Thats awesome Fuzzy! I hope it works out for you! The fact that they will give you your time back if you want is great! <3
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hephzibah For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (09-08-18), psychopathetic (09-08-18)
Old 09-08-18, 05:43 PM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 15,261 Times in 7,597 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hephzibah View Post
Thank you for all you do in this community! You are much needed and appreciated for sure.
I fully agree with this! We love our Fuzzy Wuzzy. These forums wouldn't be what they are without you! <3

Also...thank you for that wonderful post Heph!

(((((((Hephy Heph-Hephs)))))))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy12 View Post
I spoke to my manager today about possibly reducing my hours to three days a week. He couldn't have been nicer about it. He said it wasn't a problem
That is SO amazing! What a great guy your manager seems to be!

Oh and awesome job for speaking up and talking to him about this in the first place! That took some serious courage right there!!

I'm still a HUGE supporter of you taking a day off from work...I just think that it's a great idea and I'm naively hopeful that it'll take a load of pressure off of your shoulders and give you a chance to recharge your inner battery in your life.

It looks like you've got some hope back in your future, and I'm so thankful for that! Life really sucks when you start losing hope . But dang...your future is looking a whole heck of a lot better then it was even just 1 week ago! Yay!!

Love ya bear!!

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following User Says Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (09-08-18)