ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Careers/Job Impact
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Careers/Job Impact This forum is for adults to discuss how AD/HD affects work and career.

Old 06-07-18, 12:47 PM

Sheppard is on a distinguished road
Moving to part time because of recent troubles - concerned about money?

Hi!

I've taken the conscious choice to step down to part time and have someone else take over my responsibilities when I'm not there. My behaviour has been flaring up an causing issues in the office, along with other things affecting mine and others productivity, which isn't surprising because there's been a huge workload on top of everyone recently and it's made an extremely stressful environment. And so I've decided I am going to move to part time for the sake of everyone there. However I didn't think about the financial side of it and it's started to worry me quite a lot. I need to find something to calm my ADHD before I run out of money. I was wondering if there's any kind of benefits I can claim temporarily while I work with my gp/doctors/whoever they refer me to so I can keep myself afloat? I've been playing around with this salary calculator (https://www.income-tax.co.uk/ - maybe it'll help someone else? ) and I'll be making a little less than half of what I would normally. I can't live sustainably like this. Can anyone help?

Thanks