ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Careers/Job Impact
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Careers/Job Impact This forum is for adults to discuss how AD/HD affects work and career.

Old 03-27-18, 01:51 PM

MindBlind is a jewel in the roughMindBlind is a jewel in the roughMindBlind is a jewel in the rough
Moved to new departament - Might be jobless in a month

So I started a new job recently and according to management, I havenít progressed well on the shop floor. Apparently Iím no good with customers and donít fill shelves fast enough. So they decided to move me into the warehouse for a trial period to see if data entry is more my speed (itís not). There are other jobs they could try to get me to do but Iím pretty sure that I wonít meet their standards.

I mean, Iíll still give it an honest shot and Iím grateful for the second chance. Itís just that I wasnít doing as well as I thought I was and I think I need to start looking for a new job soon.

Itís very disheartening. I canít really describe how I feel other than ďvery badĒ.

I guess I just wanted to vent about it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MindBlind For This Useful Post:
FlipperTheWhale (03-27-18), peripatetic (03-29-18), stef (03-28-18)
Old 03-27-18, 07:21 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,555 Times in 856 Posts
finallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Moved to new departament - Might be jobless in a month

I so understand what you are going through and so do others on here. I know the feeling you are feeling and it's horrible.

Have you started looking for another job just in case this one doesn't work out? I know it's hard to look for another one when the current one is not going well. It can really play mind games with you since as due to the current job, our skills are the issue but when looking for a new job there has to be some faith in our skills.

I am in your shoes to a degree and sort of looking but need to get much more serious about it.
Shame derives it's power from being unspeakable.
Shame corrodes the very part of us that believes we are capable of change.
Shame cannot survive being spoken. It can't survive empathy.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to finallyfound10 For This Useful Post:
FlipperTheWhale (03-27-18), MindBlind (03-29-18)
Old 03-27-18, 08:06 PM

FlipperTheWhale is a jewel in the roughFlipperTheWhale is a jewel in the roughFlipperTheWhale is a jewel in the rough

Count me in on finding a new job!
Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-18, 04:24 PM

MindBlind is a jewel in the roughMindBlind is a jewel in the roughMindBlind is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by finallyfound10 View Post
I so understand what you are going through and so do others on here. I know the feeling you are feeling and it's horrible.

Have you started looking for another job just in case this one doesn't work out? I know it's hard to look for another one when the current one is not going well. It can really play mind games with you since as due to the current job, our skills are the issue but when looking for a new job there has to be some faith in our skills.

I am in your shoes to a degree and sort of looking but need to get much more serious about it.
I was pretty distressed at first because it all happened out of the blue and I was fearful about messing up. However Iíve been in the new place for a few days and Iím starting to think they had the right idea about the move. Iím picking up this software pretty quickly and I have way more transferable skills there than I did in the other place. Still, Iím trying to remain vigilant and Iím still looking at other jobs just incase. Itís just a relief that they think Iím still useful for something. Might even get full time hours, which is promising.
The Following User Says Thank You to MindBlind For This Useful Post:
finallyfound10 (03-31-18)