ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Careers/Job Impact
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Careers/Job Impact This forum is for adults to discuss how AD/HD affects work and career.

Old 04-13-03, 02:32 AM

Tripp is on a distinguished road
Seeking Adults Willing To Participate In An Article I'm Writing About ADD

This is a great resource and kudos to everyone with guts enough to participate. I'm a freelance journalist based in New York City looking to talk to others for an article I'm writing about adults with ADD who work at home.

It is a subject very close to me because like all of you I work at home and also suffer from ADD. This has greatly affected just about every aspect of my life, despite the fact that I managed to get through college and am a successful writer who regularly publishes in such places as The New York Times Book Review, The New York Post, AdWeek, The Hollywood Reporter, and The Boston Globe. As such, I know first-hand the challenges that each of us faces every day, particularly those of us who are self-employed--either by choice or because it's easier than functioning in an office setting.

This is basically going to be the gist of my story, and of all of the ADD articles out there, this particular one has never been done. Although it's in the preliminary stages and I haven't gotten an assignment yet, I'll probably be writing it for either the New York Times or one of the women's magazines. I'd love to hear from anybody, but particularly people between the ages of 29 and 50 who have managed to be successful in their chosen professions, despite their ADD, and promise to respect everyone's privacy because I do understand.

If you're interested in participating, you can either e-mail me or cal me.

Thanks,
Tripp

Last edited by namazu; 03-29-18 at 11:01 AM.. Reason: removed identifying info &e-mail, per current privacy guidelines
Old 04-13-03, 01:13 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Tara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to all
Tripp have you read any of Thom Hartmann's or Lynn Weiss's work? If you have you might actually realize that those people have become successful because of their AD/HD instead of "despite" it.
Old 07-08-03, 11:19 PM

SusyQ55 is on a distinguished road
Love to help out, newly diagnosed & still learning so I can help my teenage son who is also adhd. No career @ this time. Still looking for my niche. God bless, SusyQ
Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-18, 10:10 AM

Monox D. I-Fly has a spectacular aura aboutMonox D. I-Fly has a spectacular aura about
Re: Seeking Adults Willing To Participate In An Article I'm Writing About ADD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara View Post
Tripp have you read any of Thom Hartmann's or Lynn Weiss's work? If you have you might actually realize that those people have become successful because of their AD/HD instead of "despite" it.
How is that so? Sorry, just curious.
Old 03-29-18, 10:35 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 14,551 Times in 6,499 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Seeking Adults Willing To Participate In An Article I'm Writing About ADD

Holy necrothread!

Cheers,
Ian
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aeon For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (03-29-18), Little Nut (03-30-18)