ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-12, 06:30 PM
ADDvanced Member

Loonette will become famous soon enough
Facebook private messages showed up on my Timeline - SOLUTION!

This is for anyone who has a Facebook account. It's something I experienced personally regarding my private messages having shown up on my public Timeline, and I am posting it anywhere I've got an account, to warn others and share the solution in case they don't already know it.

Your privacy may have been compromised as mine had, but I do have a solution in my blog entry.

You may have heard on the news and all over the internet in the past week that there has been much discussion over the possibility that private messages have been showing up on peoples' public Facebook Timelines.

Of course, Facebook representatives deny it, and there are excuses given to the effect of "those are messages that people forgot were actually posted to their walls and were never really private."

Au contraire, mon ami! When the rumours reached me, I deactivated my main Facebook account which has over 500 people on my contact list, and hid out in my much smaller account where I only keep in touch with a few dozen close friends and family members.

On that smaller account, I don't have much activity, so I was easily able to go back through everything on my wall in a matter of minutes.

I saw a strange thread between one of my daughters and me, which didn't make sense the way it was started, as though it were part way through a discussion. Upon further reading, I realized it was indeed a private discussion from October 2010, or at least what I had assumed to be private at the time.

The content of the discussion made it very clear to me that there was no way in the world that would have been posted to my public wall and I "just forgot" that it had been public.

My latest blog entry explains more about my shocking discovery that some of my old private conversations on Facebook had been made public on my Timeline. The rumours about this are TRUE, and I share my story and a solution here:

http://holy-sheepdip.blogspot.ca/2012/09/facebook-private-messages-showing-up-on.html

Please share the link to my blog entry on your own Facebook Timeline, on message boards you visit, and anywhere else you like. Our privacy must remain our privacy!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Loonette For This Useful Post:
BR549 (09-28-12)