ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-18, 11:34 PM
ADDvanced Member

traze23 will become famous soon enough
I keep getting hungry

Recently, I've noticed I keep getting hungry even shortly after I eat a meal. I cannot remember it being this bad years ago and hard to figure out when this started happening to me.

I've had depression for over 20 years. Wondering if others have this issue or know if its related to depression?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to traze23 For This Useful Post:
kwalk (04-20-18), psychopathetic (04-18-18)
Old 04-19-18, 01:46 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,548 Times in 853 Posts
finallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: I keep getting hungry

Maybe boredom more than anything?
Shame derives it's power from being unspeakable.
Shame corrodes the very part of us that believes we are capable of change.
Shame cannot survive being spoken. It can't survive empathy.

The Following User Says Thank You to finallyfound10 For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (04-19-18)
Old 04-19-18, 04:30 AM

Thanked 29,690 Times in 13,700 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Stress?
Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-18, 02:25 PM

kwalk is a name known to allkwalk is a name known to allkwalk is a name known to allkwalk is a name known to allkwalk is a name known to allkwalk is a name known to all

Depression can cause that and it can cause you to eat less too, but it definitely can be boredom, I do this especially when I get distracted. I try not to eat bad food when I do this. I would eat very small snacks when this happens. If you eat a lot of meat or protein bars it will fill you up. Try to keep busy.
“Sometimes you've got to let everything go - purge yourself. If you are unhappy with anything . . . whatever is bringing you down, get rid of it. Because you'll find that when you're free, your true creativity, your true self comes out.”
Old 04-20-18, 05:10 PM

Thanked 21,206 Times in 11,356 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by traze23 View Post
Recently, I've noticed I keep getting hungry even shortly after I eat a meal. I cannot remember it being this bad years ago and hard to figure out when this started happening to me.

I've had depression for over 20 years. Wondering if others have this issue or know if its related to depression?
Are you taking a hungry type of antidepressant?

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
Old 04-30-18, 09:46 PM
ADDvanced Member

traze23 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Missy View Post
Are you taking a hungry type of antidepressant?
I'm currently not on anti-depressants.
Old 04-30-18, 10:02 PM
Contributor

eats_mice is just really niceeats_mice is just really niceeats_mice is just really niceeats_mice is just really nice

I'm a stress eater for sure. But now I get home at 6:00 and eat constantly until 9:00 due to my work schedule. I went from having a 5 minute commute to having a 30-45 min commute (depending on traffic).

You say I'm weird? Well, I grew up next to a power
plant, what's your excuse?
Old 04-30-18, 10:02 PM

Thanked 14,551 Times in 6,499 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

That can be a sign of atypical depression, especially if you are desiring comfort foods/carb-laden foods.

That can be a sign of anxiety, manifesting in a way that is usually referred to as boredom.

That could be emotionally-driven eating so as to achieve a semi-dissociative state.

That could be the presentation of metabolic syndrome or diabetes.

There could be a disruption in your thyroid function.

You could be eating vegetable-heavy Chinese food, lulz.

You could be deficient in one or more nutritional areas.

You might think someone is a damned good cook.

Cheers,
Ian
The Following User Says Thank You to aeon For This Useful Post:
Little Nut (05-01-18)
Old 05-06-18, 04:05 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 31,615 Times in 14,587 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

What meds do you take if you dont mind sharing?

I carried a watermelon?