ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > New Member Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-05, 11:55 PM

GaryandRachel is on a distinguished road
Talking Gary and Rachel-Wisconsin

We are a young couple, My name is Gary I'm 23 Born and raised in florida and my wife is Rachel and she is 23 and was born in wisconsin, then moved to florida and now we moved to wisconsin. We have 2 kids stephany (3 yrs old) and jacob (5 mnths). I have adult ADD (Gary) and we join this site so my wife can learn a little more about dealing with it or what it's like for me.
Old 02-09-05, 12:36 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Draga has disabled reputation
Talking

Hi my name is Draga and I am part of the ADD Forums Welcoming Committee. On Behalf of ADD Forums We would like to extend a warm welcome to our community.

If you have any questions or need any help at the forums please feel free send me a private message (pm).

Also when you get a chance Please be sure to read the Forums Guidelines http://www.addforums.com/forums/for...daysprune=&f=75

In addition to the standard message boards, ADDForums also offers a chatroom, which is open 24/7 and available to all registered members (that means you!). In addition to being open 24/7, we also have hosted scheduled chats almost every night. You can access the chatroom by clicking "Chat" on the control bar at the top of your screen, and see the times for scheduled chats under "Calendar".

In the event that I'm not available when you are at the forums, Please feel free to pm any of the Moderators (top of the Forums home page in green) or any of the Admins (names are bold at the top of Forums home page in red)) They will be more than happy to help you.

Sincerely,
Draga
ADD Forums Welcoming Committee

Please do not think me cold, for I do want loving arms to hold, but I am so sick of being used and abused...If I die alone tomorrow I die unbruised.

Last edited by Draga; 02-09-05 at 03:57 AM..
Old 02-09-05, 12:02 PM

So far I've been really offended by the replys by a question I posted. I know that no one is responsible for what other ppl write, but if this is the way ppl give advise then I will not ask any questions.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-05, 12:21 PM

minn306 has disabled reputation
First I want to send you a special welcome to this site. I am sorry that you have not had a good response to a question you asked. Yes people do give their opinion but know that it is only "their" opinion

I also came to this site to learn more about my ADHD husband. Since I have joined, I have also been dx ADD.

Hopefully you wil be able to find as much information & support that you are looking for.

Please keep posting. We do want to hear what you have to say or ask

Old 02-09-05, 12:30 PM

Talking Thank you very much

I was really offended. I asked if maybe verbally aggressive was a problem must ppl with ADD face. Lately I've noticed that My ADD is getting worse. And have been really moody and aggressive. the next thing i know is the lady who replyed told my wife to leave me? She is part of the commity here? and a peer coach?
Her name is RhapsodyInBlue vbmenu_register("postmenu_142882", true);
ADDvanced Forum Guru

My wifes named rachel too and she loves eeyeor too thats cool.
Old 02-09-05, 02:13 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

free2bme has disabled reputation
Don't take the comments to heart, Gary. Just think, once you feel comfortable enough you can be the offender instead of the offendee. Ok. Bad joke.

Seriously though, you have no reason not to post on this board. Take the good you can find and ignore the rest.

I'm glad you and your wife are working as a team to deal with this.

Free

"After silence, that which comes closest to expressing the inexpressible is music." Aldous Huxley

"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music." Angela Monet
Old 02-09-05, 06:34 PM

Garry has disabled reputation
Gary with 1 R from Garry with 2 R's

Regarding RhapsodyInBlue reply to your post all I say is it really sucks when someone speaks there mind and we don't like there opinion, but you will find that here we are all entilted to our opinion and just for the record many of the things she said I agree with wholeheartedly.

You may wish to re-read where you think she told your wife to leave you (actully I will quote it for you)

This is the full sentence

Quote:
If you want soppy from me, you won't get it Mr. Perhaps your wife should leave!
This is the sentence broken into 2 parts or 2 sentences

(Part 1)

Quote:
If you want soppy from me, you won't get it Mr.
(Part 2)

Quote:
Perhaps your wife should leave!
Please take note to that big word there

She never told your wife to leave you she just voiced what one option might be ---- as unpleasent a thought as it may be to you ---

Perhaps you might want to relize that there are many options in life open to everybody and some of them are not always what you want them to be....

I speak openly to you as I have been where you are and have been very much the same way and change did not come over night

Its been a long rocky road and

Quote:
Perhaps my wife should have left
is something that I live with every day and I have no idea why she didn't becuase I never would have put up with the crap I gave her................

Here are some links to post that were very helpful to me in the last 2 years

What its Like to Have ADD by Dr Hallowell

Old ADD adult warrior warns newcomers

How Many Stages of ADD Are There

The ADD Journey (Stages of ADD )

I hope these are a benificial to you as they were to me

Garry

I am ------------ ADD
Addaptable, Directed, Determined

Old 02-09-05, 10:03 PM

Thanked 3,791 Times in 1,933 Posts
Imnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond repute
Garry,
Thanks for the links. This one was my favourite:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nnamelet
"OK, now I am going to give you assignments. I don't expect perfection, but I expect systematic improvement. If you fail, I want you to write an essay to me on why you failed. I also expect you to be on time. Create 4 failsafe reminders if you need to. Make a poster 4 feet high if you need it. If I see effort, I will go all out to help you. If I don't after a month then I will stop seeing you. You have too much ability for me to need the frustration of seeing no progress because of ingrained self-destructive habits of giving in to impulse. "
Hmmmm . . . I could use this one at work.
Laura
Old 02-09-05, 11:22 PM

yes i agree, but the original question said recently this has not been an issue for the 3 yrs of marriage and the 2 yrs dating. Her reply was far over the line. Recently we have moved to Wisconsin I was born and raised in Florida I had alot of friends and the stress of moving here and the stress of a new job and not having my mom by my side and trying to figure out if i made the right dession to move here. ALOT OF STRESS. This is something new in our relation, she also said does saying sorry sound familur. Well no it doen't cause it was something recently, but i asked that question and i got real responce from understanding ppl, ppl how didn't attack me. Maybe i shouldn't have used the word abuse or something cause I know my wife would kick my A@% if I got totally out of line. She's tuffer then me. Sorry to stur up so much emotion. And i really think this forum is going to help us. On a better note I agreed to seek a little bit of help to kinda see what i can do to help myself. Love ya guys and gals. On a better question the only meds I have taken was rentilen and that was yrs ago and i hated the way it made me feel. And for yrs I told myself I didn't need it but when I look at the time i was off and now I'm so not dealing with it. So what's new on the market.
Old 02-09-05, 11:23 PM

And garry are those links also books?
Old 02-09-05, 11:33 PM

Thanked 3,791 Times in 1,933 Posts
Imnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryandRachel
On a better question the only meds I have taken was rentilen and that was yrs ago and i hated the way it made me feel.
Gary, were you taking Ritalin? How did it make you feel?
Laura
Old 02-10-05, 09:04 AM
Ghost in the Machine

Thanked 2,074 Times in 579 Posts
Andrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to the ADD Forums!!

To review the ADD Forums Guidelines, please click here.
Old 02-10-05, 06:58 PM

Tara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to all
Welcome to ADD Forums!!!
Old 02-27-05, 01:37 AM

auntchris is a jewel in the roughauntchris is a jewel in the roughauntchris is a jewel in the rough
Welcome to the forums. auntchris