ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adult Education
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adult Education This forum is to discuss issues related to ADD and higher education.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-11-17, 04:00 PM

finallyready746 is on a distinguished road
Red face HELP I can't control my self-sabotaging behavior anymore and I'm feeling hopeless

I'm new to this forum, but I'm really excited to be a part of the community. I joined because today I really, finally have just had enough of myself sabotaging my success. It's become so much worse recently, I don't know why.
I don't go to class often and I can't figure out why, its almost like I am being coerced by my own brain. I do so many little creative personal projects and some based upon concepts from school, and I spend the time planning and working on those things when I should be doing work. If anyone else is going/has gone through something similar to this, I would appreciate some sort of guidance.
It's my last year of university, I'm in my second to last semester, and I'm set up to fail unless I make some serious personal changes. I'm at the point where I'm desperate. My mom and others that I try to explain this to just tell me to notice when I'm being this way and change how I handle it. And the thing is that I do notice, but when I try to handle it, it just doesn't work because I guess I just don't know how. I'm really struggling with this. Tips, suggestions, helpful comments are greatly appreciated