ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adult Diagnosis & Treatment
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adult Diagnosis & Treatment This forum is for the discussion of issues related to the diagnosis of AD/HD

Old 03-18-05, 11:24 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

RhapsodyInBlue has disabled reputation
Hey Crazymama, I love your humor ESFP's are fun loving That's you!
Old 03-18-05, 11:47 PM
Forum Guru

crazymama05 has disabled reputation
You like me! you really really like me, you like meeeeeeeee!
Old 03-19-05, 12:31 AM

RhapsodyInBlue has disabled reputation
Yes Hahahahhahahhaaha, is that so hard to imagine?
Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-05, 12:36 AM
Forum Guru

No, not really. Actually, I was doing a Sally Field impersonation, from her ?EMMY? speech. LOL

Insecurity rearing its ugly head again............muahahahahah! ("Insecurity"' being the name of my evil twin!)
Old 03-19-05, 02:56 AM

auntchris is a jewel in the roughauntchris is a jewel in the roughauntchris is a jewel in the rough
Oh no then I really need help. I am so damn insecure....worst self esteem ya can imagine. I sound alot like you crazymama reading your results. I

A child's mind is like a shallow brook which ripples and dances merrily over the stony course of its education and reflects here a flower, there a bush, yonder fleecy cloud... -Helen Keller

Old 03-19-05, 02:05 PM
Forum Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntchris
Oh no then I really need help. I am so damn insecure....worst self esteem ya can imagine. I sound alot like you crazymama reading your results. I
I...........
What happened Chris?? Did you forget what you were going to say? lol
Old 03-19-05, 03:07 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

chain has disabled reputation
I am rotating INFP and ENFP. N (intuition is the use of context to understand a situation as opposed to using "what people have told you") In my view of ADD, we are "internally referenced"... We never listened to what people have told us is reality AND we are contextual... The N is almost a given)

T and F are confusing for ADDers.. I think that our thinking is often driven by our feeling. P again... A sign of internal reference.

I and E... I think it depends on when you take the test. With other ADDers present, I am an E... With non-ADDers, I used to be an I. As I love myself more and understand that ADD is an important part of human nature... I am now much more often E around non-ADDers. This is interesting. All that respect I had craved from them comes in droves when I am in the E state. I forcefully express my ADDness with all of the humor and observation and I am treated quite well. They may talk about me behind my back... That is a good thing for I have provided them entertainment and the is one of my functions in human society. Since I connect with people on an individual basis... I know what is felt when talking with me... is the genuine and the behind the back talking is not.

I love my ADD and embrace it. ENFP
Old 03-20-05, 05:36 PM
Forum Guru

I just took another personality test and came out an ISFP. When I took the first one, my I and E were 50/50. But all the others were consistently definatively split. More like 70/30 or better. This is all pre-meds. Actually, still on anti-depressants. So I am curious as to how much, if at all, they will change when I am Effexor free, and maybe on an ADD medication.
Old 03-26-05, 12:17 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymama05
I just took another personality test and came out an ISFP. When I took the first one, my I and E were 50/50. But all the others were consistently definatively split. More like 70/30 or better. This is all pre-meds. Actually, still on anti-depressants. So I am curious as to how much, if at all, they will change when I am Effexor free, and maybe on an ADD medication.
For me they changed when I moved off of prozac... ADs block out a lot of the things I love about my ADD... strange. I currently take Adderall but my personality does not change when I am off it... just my focus time lengths.

Guess what?... I have not been depressed since I went off the prozac

There is too much of an attempt to drug us because the "cranium drillers" think we are sick. We are just not hooked into the "feed" that tells people what to be. We are not hooked into "the Matrix".
Old 03-26-05, 12:22 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that my intuition was the main thing that was whacked on the prozac... My context building system was shorted out.... forced me to be linear but in a not so good way... kind of like having a chunk of my brain removed. Feeling got mucked too.

I am ENFP now. On the pzac I was ISJP <-> ESFP.
Old 03-26-05, 12:29 AM
Forum Guru

Interesting chain. The thing I have noticed the most is how much I want to isolate myself from the world. I didnt like to go out.....anywhere. Since lowering the dose of my effexor, (I am down to 12.5 now) I find myself back to wanting to interact with ppl, the world doesnt seem so bad anymore. The problem with it, is I have always been a "socail butterfly" enjoying the interaction with others. I am glad I am getting back to that. Just an observation I had to share that you brought to my attention with your post.
Old 03-26-05, 01:43 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymama05
Interesting chain. The thing I have noticed the most is how much I want to isolate myself from the world. I didnt like to go out.....anywhere. Since lowering the dose of my effexor, (I am down to 12.5 now) I find myself back to wanting to interact with ppl, the world doesnt seem so bad anymore. The problem with it, is I have always been a "socail butterfly" enjoying the interaction with others. I am glad I am getting back to that. Just an observation I had to share that you brought to my attention with your post.
I feel that ADDers actually have a very different set of psychological issues than "normals" and most of them really have to do with not being in what I call "the positive state" of fully accepting yourself. That is a long path and the drugs get in the way... most doctors know nothing about ADD... and those that are experts... know even less because they have so many preconceptions. I see a lot of signs that we are entering a new view of ADD that will be helpfull.

The most important things are:

1. ADD is real
2. ADD is not a disorder
Old 03-27-05, 01:18 AM
Forum Guru

Chain,

Can you give me a brief synopsis of context building. This term is referred to often, and I am not sure I understand it. And if you could explain it as if I was four, that would be great too. (Not sure if this one is going to go over my head, or if maybe, my hair might catch it and reel it in. )