ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > SCIENTIFIC DISCUSSIONS, RESEARCH, NEWS AND EVENTS > Scientific, Philosophical & Theoretical Discussions > Open Science & Philosophical Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Open Science & Philosophical Discussion This forum is for open discussion, encouraging new and unconventional ways of thinking, welcoming posts in any format

Old 06-28-18, 05:15 AM
Suspended Account

Thanked 6,454 Times in 4,704 Posts
SB_UK has a reputation beyond reputeSB_UK has a reputation beyond reputeSB_UK has a reputation beyond reputeSB_UK has a reputation beyond reputeSB_UK has a reputation beyond reputeSB_UK has a reputation beyond reputeSB_UK has a reputation beyond reputeSB_UK has a reputation beyond reputeSB_UK has a reputation beyond reputeSB_UK has a reputation beyond reputeSB_UK has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All disease is preventable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunga Dorji View Post
So- we have 2 separate items each listed as "the point of the mind". Im struggling with understanding what you are saying here. For reference- wisdom and compassion are listed separately in Buddhist writings, and that is the only system simple enough for me to understand.

The next question is "what is this "Morality" that is apparently "out there" and needing to be acquired by us?

I do have a reasonable option for this one, as described by Antonio Damasio (neurologist).
He comments that consciousness can be regarded as a tool that the organism uses to maintain its homeostasis- get the right level of nutrition, water, warmth, etc. Human consciousness includes the capacity to create a story about this activity, one which is compelling enough to improve your motivation. The story requires a subject, a hero, hence the ego is a convenient fiction that helps you organise your life.

The trick here is that there are other egos walking about all competing for resources. So the stories told have become more elaborate, and involve others in such a way that we all get to benefit and stay alive.
Excellent comments. I can't be bothered to prepare for job interviews - they're artificial and not in any way geared towards (in medical research) - helping people.

So [1] Wisdom state -> confers compassion nature
[2] Nobody has a mind when they're born, learning develops mind - we're supposed to develop morality (to generate a mind which knows what is objectively right for optimal/increasing human wellbeing - sounds hard but it's actually quite easy ... ... the trick is to know how to develop that form of mind). The current system I'm advocating is - imagine that you don't exist and must generate a world in which all people are as happy as can be - what'd that world be like, explain your reasoning - now combine with the model that another person has generated - repeat - until convergence is reached ie you don't need to consult anybody else as you've arrived at the optimal model for societal infrastructure. I could define it in a couple of sentences - but there's no point as people need to do it for themselves in order to want it.
[3] Yes - eustress generates resilience in maintaining homeostasis - distress does the opposite.
[4] Yes - ego doesn't exist - it's the set of reward reinforcers on primitive level (competition) and at wisdom - this paradigm is lost ie an individual's motivations change from 'selfish potentially' to not able to derive reward from selfishness though I prefer the idea from all exclusive selfish behaviour to all inclusively selfish behaviour - since what's best for everyone will be best for you.

Generally then - yest to all of the above (your post) - I need to show some desire to read about support vector machines now.

Bleughhhhhh - not that it's hard - just that it's pointless.
Old 06-28-18, 11:39 PM
Suspended Account

SB_UK has a reputation beyond reputeSB_UK has a reputation beyond reputeSB_UK has a reputation beyond reputeSB_UK has a reputation beyond reputeSB_UK has a reputation beyond reputeSB_UK has a reputation beyond reputeSB_UK has a reputation beyond reputeSB_UK has a reputation beyond reputeSB_UK has a reputation beyond reputeSB_UK has a reputation beyond reputeSB_UK has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunga Dorji View Post
"Monty Python's Meaning of Life.

The "recently deceased in question' (the hostess of a dinner party in which she had unknowingly served rancid salmon mousse was quite put out when she realized what had happened, and tried to have an argument with death.

I sort of think a similar issue came up in Beetlejuice too.

God, I'm old. how do i remember all this?

Old 06-28-18, 11:42 PM
Suspended Account

Yes - that was my signature on one of the sites we've travelled through over the last 15 years.

The 'Death' avatar - with the signature - 'you get what anybody gets, you got a lifetime'
- where it does help to see that we're 'on the clock' and we're *late* for a very important date.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-18, 12:14 AM
Suspended Account

So - in simple terms.

1. Human beings know that we're different to animals in a couple of key respects.
2. Capacity for abstract thought (the tree is not a tree but a composite of layers from the physics of wave up).
3. Capacity to enjoy quality (sensory information) (the idea of beauty, elegance through our sensory channels - optical, aural, tactile - through sense of smell, taste - quality of writing, elegance in code ...etc...).

The animal will believe that the tree is a tree and will not admire the beauty of a tree.
The animal will use the tree but will not see through the illusion (and appreciate the illusion) of tree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Feynman
But you gotta stop and think about it
About the complexity to really get the pleasure
And it's all really there
The [almost] inconceivable nature of nature
So ... ... ... morality.

To build a mind which is objectively rational (== moral) (bears programming which uniquely stipulates what's best for people) - requires scientific dissection (synthetic rather than decompositional ie Systems rather than Molecular ('can't see the wood for the trees') mindset ... ...

There's a fine connection between morality and science - and the culmination of science is The Theory of Everything
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory_of_everything
which generalizes (3 polar / 1 nonpolar cohesive force) to give us the 'mind of evolution' - an autonomous defined mechanism underlying the unfurling (manifestation) of reality.

The Theory of Everything (ToE) generalizes to give us (in the words of Stephen Hawking and Albert Einstein) - the 'mind of God'.

So ... ... science (ToE) defines an underlying (continual, continuing) process to the generation (an exponential series) of reality (an informational structure) - which defines species formation (in effect the generation of a flat structure of interacting equals) as the end-point in evolutionary progression (the completion of an evolutionary abstraction layer).

In our case - this can be translated into the formation of an (enforcedly) social species.

But where's the structure ? The individual and collective structures of mind can be imagined as waveforms in the atmosphere (where radio signals travel) and explain away the link between Schumann resonance and EEG (identical frequencies). Human beings connect (hippocampus) to their waveform in the cavity between planet and ionosphere and the 'goal' is for these waves to fall into constructive interference ... ... ie for human beings to settle into a mode of thinking which is consistent with all other people - this then generates the (enforcedly) social species.

-*-

So ... ... we're looking at ToE generalizing to give us the idea that we're approaching species-wide enlightenment (the formation of a social species) - which like any other emergent phenomenon - then forms a platform (evolution is unidirectional) ... ... once the particle is formed from the wave - it does not regress.

The key point then - is to describe how we're on the absolute verge of human beings converging on a model of understanding which will result in an awakening of sorts (social species formation) - at which point we'll be 'good to go' - where that means - habituated to 'good' (motivated to do what's morally correct because our nature will have changed from being able to do wrong to being incapable of doing wrong) - and human beings will settle into a collaborative structure in which we all help one another to be the best that we'd like to be.

So -
species minus mind ... + mind (morality/ToE) -> species plus mind
resulting in
primitive reward system able -> primitive reward system incapable *
* Primitive reward system - to derive reward from beating other people ie to feel good when you beat another (this is the basis to the drive to power (climb the ladder) -> drive to money (proxy for power))

Once the primitive reward system is discarded, the species will need a replacement reward system (to propel behaviour) - and this is simply the collaborative (to help one another) be the best (personal quality) that the individual would like (volitional) to be.

-*-

So - 'competition-able' + mind (of morality) -> 'collaborative-fixed' towards generation of personal quality.

-*-

We can see personal quality as a structure also (it must represent recognitional capacity or learnt pattern recognitional capacity - where the goal (evolutionary) is to generate diversity in integral of individual personal pattern recognitional capacities) ... ... ie the evolutionary progression (from the ground up towards an exponential increase in Universal manifest information) - operates through human beings developing sensitivity to information recognition - which I prefer to describe as the generation of personal quality.

But how'd I ever do that ?
Simple - remove force (the need to work for money/power) and you're no further NEED to activate the primitive reward reinforcement system - propelling the individual into finding another method of reward reinforcement - the individual will find that in a world without force (human hierarchy and hence power/money) - that people will naturally gravitate towards activities which reward (in this context only higher reward (personal quality definition) will be present) - and so the individual will choose quality without (particularly) knowing why.

That is - by virtue of needing reward (personal) to engage - and in the absence of other reward schemes (the acquisition of power (money) over other people) and because of the need for reward - people will (without realising it) - choose personal quality generation as their path in life.

No examinations required - it's the natural path in the absence of an unnatural (the drive to beat other people - money/power) - of man.

-*-

A critical idea here - is that manifest reality is a series of structures which're piled up on one another and so are FORCED to make sense.
Science works because reality is made that way - made to make sense.
To discover sense is unsurprising because sense there must be.

Once we know that reality (what we call reality) ie the persistent illusion (--Einstein) must make sense - we're freed to ask (and answer) the big questions.
The funny thing about the big questions is that Imagination often only throws back one solution and so in the absence of alternative hypotheses ... ...

With mind embracing ToE - the mind 'organises' (this is the conformational change which accompanies wisdom) to generate a big picture - in which the mind may only house aspects of reality which fall into the big picture.
We're no longer capable of embracing nonsense - because it will not fit into a model which is constrained to make sense ie all hubs in the informational structure which confer mind are tied together into one interconnected structure.

So - back 15 years - and we described this as the graphite (heaxagonal planar structure where planes slide alongside ie no internal consistency defined) -> diamond (one tetrahedral fixed structure) transition.

Graphite can adopt the structure of diamond - but can not hold itself in place.
This is the idea that the not yet moral mind can copy morality but will not be in a place where (until wisdom is achieved) the individual can not lapse.
Old 06-29-18, 12:30 AM
Suspended Account

So - have made that idea a little difficult to digest.
So here's the one line summary.

All disease is preventable (all human problems are soluble) and this occurs through realising that the human mind (the defining property of Homo sapiens sapiens) was to inform morality - to create individuals with moral nature. That the point of education to Homo sapiens sapiens was to generate moral individuals and NOT people with (potentially quite complex) systems in mind which were divorced from morality.
The problem with the human mind is that there's an infinite amount of information that we might recruit - the only information that we need though is how to make life better for one and all ... ... we haven't done this - have generated lots of systems which serve nobody (law, banking, stock broker, bioinformatics) - and so 'broken' the back instead of improved the quality of life of species.

-*-

The simple conclusion is - that EVERYTHING rationalizes (all problems of man dissolve) if the point of mind (how we must educate the mind) is understood to be for moral nature acquisition.
Old 07-06-18, 12:53 PM
Suspended Account

Dear ...,
I wonder whether I might run an idea past you – as a development following on from my interview.
I’ve given some thought to what we talked about and wondered whether the following might be of some interest.
There is only 1 years worth of funding available in the vacant position in your lab – I wonder whether I might be able to use that year to try and set up a 100,000 genome project (for ctDNA). In an idea world I would like the project to generate data on whole genomic sequence and methylation.

I would like to ask whether you would support me in an attempt to get this project off the ground and to sound out whether some of the influential people around you like B.......... and M......... would be supportive. I have many connections also and have worked for, alongside and know the academics J.........., D.......... and T.......... on the Science Advisory Committee of Genomics England and I guess that you will know J........... In addition, I’m sure that CRUK will have connections to M.......... and I’ve worked alongside or for J.........., E.........., A.......... and R.......... in the past as the four senior academics at the EBI.
I believe that we have sufficient expertise in Cambridge and the UK to make this project work.
I am prepared to take a risk on getting this project off the ground as I really do believe in it.
In the last 4 weeks I have talked to Genomics England and the Human Genetics group at the Sanger. Both groups have explicitly told me that they are not considering methylation as part of their strategy. Based on a conversation with H.......... relating to analysis of whole exome data derived from around 10,000 individuals in the ‘deciphering developmental disorder’ [1] study, only recessive/de novo mutations were only found in about 50% of cases. These cases are the low hanging fruit and it is not immediately obvious how one might probe the other 50% of cases. The paper ends with the following words: ‘The high proportion of unexplained patients even amongst those with affected siblings or high consanguinity suggests that future studies should investigate a wide range of modes of inheritance including oligogenic and polygenic inheritance as well as noncoding recessive variants.’ That will be almost impossible to do.

I can’t find any reason to believe that the 100,000 genome project will deliver a different picture, in that we might find some more variants but we’ll find an overwhelming number of cases where the next step is not certain. I don’t think that this will look good and I believe that another strategy is required, one that will not fail.
I do however believe that completion of one or more of the genomics, epigenomics and transcriptomics approaches on ctDNA or CTCs will (without any doubt) have transformative effects on how we manage human health. I believe that we’ll leave this exercise with a method for discriminating normal individuals from earliest stage precancer (and beyond) using quantity and quality of ctDNA through use of NGS data alone – which we’ll be able to hone into a cheaper method for screening only those loci which’re required for sufficient sensitivity.
In direct analogy with pre-diabetes, I believe that we will then be able to generate a reasonably cheap test for pre-cancer and be able to use it to validate interventions (particularly lifestyle changes) which reverse pre-cancer. All of this is more than possible in T2D/Obesity – however there’s something far more insidious about cancer than obesity which appears (tragically) to have become normalized in society. I believe that through use of the technology which I’m proposing – that early cancer detection and experimental proof of success in intervention will result in a paradigm shift in which people grow to embrace a healthy (validated) lifestyle.
I included this at the bottom of my presentation – and it’s a message which I feel strongly about.
‘Forty years ago, a landmark study by Richard Doll and Richard Peto concluded that 75–80% of cancers diagnosed in the United States in 1970 might theoretically have been prevented by altering environmental factors such as smoking, alcohol consumption and diet [2].’
In much the same way that prediabetes may be reversed, I believe that precancer may be reversed also – however we’ll need to prove it and this study would give us the means of doing just that.
I think that we must consider GRAIL’s remit also here. I don’t believe that a project of the utility which theirs will demonstrate should be left entirely to the private sector. Not for any other reason than we’re reaching the end of a fifty year project and it would be nice for private and public sector scientists to cross the finishing line together. The first genome project featured a competition between private and public interests; I am in no way interested in any form of competition and I believe that I could forge a collaboration with J...... from GRAIL without any problem whatsoever. His interest arose from his wife contracting cancer – and my interest arises from my wife contracting cancer also. I think that we have two individuals who are interested in beating cancer quickly and I would see the pattern of replication in these two parallel (but separately conducted) studies as being essential in evaluation of both.
I believe that in much the same way that the 100,000 genome project centred on developmental disorders and cancer, that we would also be able to adopt the exact same procedure (exactly as described for generating a cancer panel) into deriving a developmental disorder panel (and so with an epigenetic screening component included).
In keeping with the close relationship between T2D/obesity and cancer (generally), I am positive that the data that we’ll generate on interventions which reverse precancer will also reverse incidence of the larger set of diseases of Western living. That is, that through the efforts described above that we’ll be able to renormalize society away from unhealthy lifestyle choices into healthy lifestyle choices with the net effect of dramatically reducing and potentially eliminating close to all chronic disease.
I know that all of this may sound a little fantastic, however with the exception of a few technical details which you will know (relating to the sensitivity of ctDNA quantification and the robustness of experimental protocols for genomewide scanning for genetic and epigenetic variation) – I do believe that the time is right for this type of project and that it should be performed in Cambridge to end a line of thought which we began with through Watson, Crick and Rosalind Franklin’s premature death to cancer.
I am prepared to perform all preparatory work to make this project happen. All that I really need to know is whether I might be able to garner support from yourself and B............. and to spend the year which is available within your group attempting to make it happen.
No worries if not, however I thought it best to ask – since it’s what I really want to do.
As an added bonus  I don’t think that this project would diminish your budget and that was (after all) one of the questions you posed.
Many thanks for the interview by the way – I really did enjoy it and I really do believe in the transformative properties on human health which ctDNA research will provide.
S..........
[1] https://www.biorxiv.org/content/early/2017/11/14/201533
[2] R. Doll & R. Peto J. Natl Cancer Inst. 66, 1191–1308; 1981

Last edited by namazu; 07-06-18 at 03:18 PM.. Reason: anonymized a couple of missed names
Old 07-08-18, 01:01 AM
Suspended Account

You cannot study reality (the Universe) in isolation as we do in the splendid isolation of academic departmental fifedoms governed each by a local monarch ... the Univers is of course one continuous structure and the University is tasked with definition of a model of the Universe hence one continuous structure. We need to collapse the walls between Uni depths and this is what generalized Theory of Everyting does ... as we see the same organising principle in operation in multiple distinct currently academic departments which gives rise to the answer or solution to the human mind which Stephen Hawking's discovered many years ago and described in one of his books as a finding which would be in principle simple enough for anybody to understand and which would be a triumph of human reasoning.... we can call it the overarching pattern governing evolutionary expansion.

Last edited by namazu; 07-08-18 at 02:04 AM.. Reason: religious discussion is prohibited
Old 07-08-18, 01:14 AM
Suspended Account

STRONG...COVALENT....MAN-DAUGHTER (level of minds not gender ie meeting of minds)
WEAK...H BOND...MAN-MOTHER (level of minds not gender ie meeting of minds)
EM...IONIC...MAN-WOMAN (level of minds not gender ie meeting of minds)
GRAVITY...VAN DEN WAALS...LOVE THY NEIGHBOUR

Could switch to female centric also but MALE type should anchor the species ie MALE precedes female precedes progeny or formation of species ie 2 extremes in the dichotomy of 1 and 0 through regression to mean generating normal distribution or species prior to novel emergence of MALE type.

The Adder is a new species ... we are post mind now ànd the next gen encodes capacity for informational sensitivity ... requires learning ... this is our reward system and explains why we derive no reward from competition in that we cannot become better if we spend our lives fighting with one another.

Last edited by namazu; 07-08-18 at 02:04 AM.. Reason: religious discussion isn't allowed here
Old 07-09-18, 01:44 AM
Suspended Account

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41698-017-0039-5

Quote:
However, there are increasing efforts by us and many others to move to early disease stages. Perhaps the most ambitious efforts to this end are being conducted by GRAIL, a company that describes its mission as “detecting cancer early, when it can be cured”. This ambitious aim is supposed to be accomplished by strategies including ultra-broad and ultra-deep sequencing, bioinformatics, and large population-based clinical studies.34

After all of the effort in molecular biology - it's time for 1 last 'push'.

We're on the verge of being able to track quantity and 'quality' of circulating tumour DNA.

We will definitely (after the expt described above) be able to show increased ctDNA in populations of certain lifestyles.

There is no question that the diseases of Western living are lifestyle related - however the changes in lifestyle that're required to reverse disease are large.

We need a form of education which confers morality upon the young in a context of morality in older generations - such that the reward system of personal gain of money/power is discarded for collective gain.

Society shifts from selfish to social and the reward system which powers man shifts from power seeking (competition) to quality seeking (individuality within an individuality diversity global setting) or collaboration (in a sense).

We are allowed to compete against ourselves.

We try and make ourselves the best that we can be.

We help each other to become the best that they can be, to help us to become the best that we might be.

An individual gains a motivation in life which is rewarding in and of itself and wants to work - individuals are allowed to engage hyperfocus in 'work'.
We're no longer placed in an environment of performing a form of 'work' which is not personally satisfying (is generally pointless) through need to acquire money.

So - we dissolve the need for money - and we reveal a proper human motivation to work - in which all work is conducted in a flat structure. If there's an antisocial individual in your chosen workplace - then leave - and reform with social individuals ... ... work has become voluntary.

There's a common statement that 'Hell is with people' - this is only the case because human beings in a hierarchical society are reward reinforced to be psychopaths - if we change things around and allow people freedom of departure - then it's a bit like shifting the model of spoilt kid removes his football from the team if they don't play by his rules - to all kids have a football and leave the antisocial child by himself if he chooses to act up ... ... which he won't - as he'll now be reward reinforced to remain social.

So ... ... all that we're looking at here is a change in global social structure which drives a shift in reward reinforcement paradigm such that people WANT to behave morally (socially, rationally, creatively) - and in such a way - we generate the foundations required for people to develop themselves individually creatively towards diversity in species level quality.

-*-

The 'disease' part is overcome since distress (from hierarchical society immersion - see Marmot's Whitehall Study) underlies the series of changes which result in disease most notably through loss of immune system control to cortisol resistance) - and the ADDer part (this incredible incapacity to 'force' our minds to do what they're told) is overcome since the mind is no longer being told by moeny/power what it must achieve and is permitted freedom to pursue its own course of action.

Summarising
ADDers feature a different form of reward system which is geared towards personal/collective 'quality' acquisition; this is our nature. This nature is explained by the emergence of a novel sensitivity in the cortical - cerebellar circuit described by Markram and Markram in Intense World Theory. This increased sensitivity to information demands to be 'handled' and so we're unable to pay attention to lesser concerns as our own brain stipulates what we should be attending to.

By generating a society in which nobody NEED do anything - we free people up to choose to do what their own minds dictate they'd like to do to acquire (learn) higher personal (and hence collective) quality. We remove the ADDer problem of incapacity to attend (there's nothing that the ADDer need attend to under force of penalty ie job loss) and we remove the single, underlying (di)stress (ie need for power (money) underlying hierarchical (power) structures of man formation) which gives rise to a form of slavery ... ... which man can not be adversely distressed until man is 'free'.

Last edited by namazu; 07-09-18 at 02:05 AM.. Reason: no links to commercial websites
Old 07-09-18, 02:00 AM
Suspended Account

So - in line with the above (first five problems which human beings report and are solved by virtue, which come to mind):

1] Healthy ageing - solved as this requires comfort eating / sedentary lifestyle / absence in motivation in life to be overcome - all overcome as we're no longer distressed -> comfort eat, tired from 12 hour work days -> embrace exercise and unmotivated -> as we're now free to choose our own path in life.

2] Sustainability - in a world without money, unsustainable practices (Always for money feeding greed (the lower reward system from above) is deactivated - we no longer have people that perform unsustainable practices for money as top tiers no longer incentivized by money, lower tiers of an organization no longer 'forced' (through need for money) to comply.

3] Climate change - all major contributors to climate change will die ie heavy transportation dies - localization of production and of people ie no more global transport of food/people to work, localization/co-operative food production - kill off animal-based agriculture, eliminate building heating/cooling - shift into snowbird lifestyles where the population lives a perpetual Summer by cycling or running between the 2 hemispheres on the changing of the seasons,

4] Male -> Female abuse reconciles under the Theory of Everything, it's all about 'power' which dies with the chain of events further up and instates a proper relationship between man -> older woman, similarly aged woman, younger woman - where in each of these three cases there's plenty of eveidence to show male abusing the three age ranges of woman.

5] Child labour - of course eliminated as co-operative survival needs generation means that everybody has enough to live by virtue of being born to the planet. Note though that the hard work or fun has not yet begun - it begins as one applies oneself to excellence - to becoming of high quality such that one's quality feeds back to increase one's quality of life.
Old 07-09-18, 02:46 AM
Suspended Account

So - why - if it's that easy - can't we 'get over ourselves' and change society into a form in which human beings can divine true (proper) motivation ?

From Day 1 15 years ago - there's the simple statement that one can either choose the primitive reward system or feed the mind (of morality) and feed the higher reward system.

The primitive reward system is a motivation towards ever more stimulant / narcotic seeking behaviours which results in resistance syndromes ie the need for ever more stimulant or narcotic.

The higher reward system represents increasing sensitivity to these exact same motivational neurotransmitters.

mind plus morality -> stimulant/narcotic endogenous neurotransmitter sensitivity

-> we become of increasing quality (sensitivity) - sensitivity to information -> empathy triumphs.

mind minus morality -> increasing stimulant/narcotic seeking behaviour (addiction)
-> we become of increasing quantity (until we pop) - insensitive behaviour - insensitivity to information - psychopathy prevails.
Old 07-11-18, 10:54 AM
Suspended Account

Saving (instead of killing) the human species with molecular genetics

Scheme Shown here
........|
........v

http://www.addforums.com/forums/albu...ictureid=12839
Old 07-11-18, 10:54 AM
Suspended Account

Gut biome
Increased quantity DNA and Increased diversity (quality) of DNA as indicators of good health
eg Richness of human gut microbiome correlates with metabolic markers.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23985870

Human genome (PBMC)
Decreased quantity DNA and Decreased (mutational) diversity (quality) of DNA as indicators of good health
eg Evidence for DNA Damage as a Biological Link Between Diabetes and Cancer
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4733759/

Mitochondrial/Peroxisomal genome
Increased quantity DNA and Decreased (mutational) diversity (quality) of DNA as indicators of good health
eg Empirically distinguishing between differences in mitochondrial content [added – ie quantity] and quality is therefore essential to assess mitochondrial health and evaluate its relationship to aging, disease, and life stress exposure.
https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...0632231830043X

So – the ‘selling points’ (first 10 to come to mind) would be:

1. Relatively easy to do (all techniques exist – tight quantification of low levels of ultra-pure (as we’ll be taking blood) DNA and NGS),
2. Involves the assessment of ALL of our genomes (not attempted previously) – the molecular specialist isn’t one for leaving their speciality and epigenetics people don’t talk to mitochondrial people ……,
3. Unlikely to have competition as we’re looking at general lifestyle change where most others are looking at therapeutic change – lifestyle change is considered soft pseudo-science by many in our field,
4. Does not require sophisticated analysis as quantity/quality of the 3 genomes is easy to assess – we don’t really care which specific loci are altered,
5. Following on from (I) initial validation (diabesity vs control) (a thousand people?), (II) Intervention study (a hundred people?), (III) Cheap diagnostic test generation (epi/genetic variation at only a small number of loci)
– we’ve a whole range of interventions (not molecular) … … which we could diversify into including food delivery/preparation, organised exercise classes and fasting retreats … … this would be a wonderful data generation/continuing validation tool ie people paying to improve our dataset
6. Partnering with Illumina/Grail could be possible if we make it clear that they’ve all therapeutic agent rights from the results as we’re not interested in formal drug discovery providing us with money for our major cost (NGS),
7. To be able to harness the ‘power’ of fear (of cancer) towards changing lifestyle – people need to know that they’re responsible for their own health,
8. The ability to give people a single number (that’s all the readout will be – perhaps with a gentle gut/mitochondrial/human quality/quantity breakdown on the back) which they can compare with others,
9. With long term goals – of re-establishing local community and local autonomy – since as ‘things’ worsen and people find themselves without money – it’ll be nice if a local co-operative is present which supports them in their dietary and exercising needs.
10. The technology will (as you mention) be useful even after we’ve headed off the majority of cases (preventable) – because sporadic unpredictable cases will still emerge.

On a very basic level – the entire hypothesis is simply that a healthy person has a healthy genome and an unhealthy person has an unhealthy genome – ie that the genome expresses ill healthy in a spectrum just as human beings show ill health to a continuous distribution.
This seems obvious to me – but I don’t know that I’ve ever read about a high level view such as this.
Old 07-11-18, 10:59 AM
Suspended Account

In Simple Summary

Quote:
On a very basic level – the entire hypothesis is simply that a healthy person has a healthy genome and an unhealthy person has an unhealthy genome – ie that the genome expresses ill healthy in a spectrum just as human beings show ill health to a continuous distribution.
Imagine the collective genomes of man being in bed with the flu with a thermometer in their mouths - this ^^^ method will allow us to get them up and about ie a method for assessing health and validated interventions for improving our three key genomes.

Last edited by SB_UK; 07-11-18 at 11:15 AM..
Old 07-11-18, 11:13 AM
Suspended Account

The net effect will be for us to:

(1) Eliminate disease by 'strengthening physiology' (prevention of disease) -> preclinical medicine rather than reversing pathophysiology (curing disease) -> clinical medicine
- at interview I did state that preclinical medicine (if done properly) would render clinical medicine superfluous (as next to nobody'd be sick).

(2) Restore local community (and global community).

(3) Eliminate the connection between need for money and survival (described as the final stage - on the left hand side of the image - for the generation of local vegan community run co-operative farms).

{{{Game Over}}}

And on the seventh day (to be taken as the awakening of a species (- the enlightenment of a species)) - it was ordained that man should no longer be forced to attend hierarchical wage slavery organizations in which all that was ever achieved in the 'workplace' was abuse.