ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-18, 01:52 AM

PI-ADHD 29 is on a distinguished road
Impulsive behaviour

I'm normally not hyperactive. But I hurry up when someone tell me something to do. Because of that hurriedness I'm very clumsy, I break a lot of things, make easy mistakes, forget neccessary things etc. I make panic and behaviour recklessly. I also behaviour too hurried when something needs to be done quickly. I know everyone sometimes hurry. But I extremly hurry. For example if something needs to be done in 2 minutes, I try to make it in 1 minute. I have been critized all my life for that. But I can't avoid that. Almost everyone says me you should make smthings quickly that's ok, but you shouldn't do things in hurryness and panic. Is that an impulsive behaviour? Is that an adhd symptom?
Old 09-18-18, 12:18 PM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 32,618 Times in 15,105 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Impulsive behaviour

You do not have to have all the "classic" symptoms to be considered hyperactive IMO. In fact as I have gotten older my physical hyperactivity has gotten worse but my mental hyperactivity has gotten way worse.

I carried a watermelon?
Old 09-18-18, 12:43 PM

Alphawave is on a distinguished road

I do that and I like to "help" people because I can't stand waiting. Just say to yourself relax because normal people aren't like that. I've found people appreciate it when you take your time.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-18, 01:27 AM

PI-ADHD 29 is on a distinguished road

My doctor had said me just I have adhd. I hadn't asked which type I have. I thouhgt I'm inattentive. But now I'm realizing I may have some hyperactivity-impulsivity symptoms also. For example when I was child I was fidgetting too much. I was playing with my hair, fingers (playing with my finger so much that my thumb has curved). I was drawing meaningless figures my books and even I was tearing page's corners in class and rarely listen to teachers. But I was not harmful or naughty. I was quiet.
I'm always very undecided. I decide without think often. So I regret because of my decisions very often. I will ask which type I have to doc.