ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > New Member Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-18, 02:34 PM
Jr Member

AdultADHD has a spectacular aura aboutAdultADHD has a spectacular aura about
Hello, I'm a new member here.

Hello, all.

I hope you're well today (and always)!

Trying to stay a lurker here just didn't work for me.
I kept finding interesting info about ADHD via search results that seemed to
always lead me right back here. Finally, I decided it was time to cut out the middleman and create an account since I'd probably just end up here again eventually anyway.

After I click "Submit New Thread" on this bad boy, I'll make sure to bookmark this site with the forums after the .com for repeat visits. I read earlier that some were having access problems if they didn't append the forums sub directory to the URL.

A bit about me:

I just turned 40 last month and it's been about a year since
I first went to a doctor for ADHD.

He asked me a few questions to find out why I was there.
As I described my symptoms, he stopped me in the middle.
He said he had heard enough already to be convinced that he
needed to prescribe me Adderall and started writing out the prescription.
He said many of his patients found it to work miracles for them and change their lives for the better. I had already researched it a bit and was interested in trying it, so I wasn't exactly the hardest sell for him.

A few years ago, I decided it was time to change careers so I
went back to college as a returning adult student. (When I first tried college, it was right after high school and I just couldn't get interested in it at all.)

Last year, I graduated with my two year degree along with a one year professional certificate in a related field. Talk about late bloomer, right? I was only 20 years behind schedule, but for me as the guy who always sat in the back (if I went at all that day) and either wrote songs or stared out the window lost in my thoughts/imagination during high school Algebra class, I'll take it. You know?

I'm currently enrolled at a research University working on my Bachelor degree and plan to pursue my Master degree after that.

(It hasn't been easy, but the Adderall gives me a fighting chance and I hope to continue to make the most of it, although I still struggle with repeated long periods of blown opportunities to get work done followed by "in the zone" back against the wall, do or die, crunch time type work marathons just before it absolutely must be done. I'm sure you get the picture and I get worn out just thinking about it.)

I'm hoping to put into better practice some of the strategies that have worked consistently for me in the past for a more balanced approach.
I haven't quite dialed into that sweet spot just yet, since I still take on projects from my old line of work to pay bills (though not nearly as many as before I went back to school).

Work, finish homework, study for tests, complete projects, prepare for Exams, and find some time to eat, sleep, and shower in between somewhere. Forget about even the thought of any kind of a relationship right now. It wouldn't be fair to either one of us.

I enjoy reading the content here and learning from both the research and the member experiences shared. I appreciate the sense of a supportive community I noticed as an outsider here at ADDForums. I am grateful if allowed to join you and become a part of this place that is so special to so many people who I imagine aren't much different than me, bless your heart.

Take care and talk soon,

AA
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AdultADHD For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (06-30-18), Little Missy (06-30-18), namazu (06-30-18), UndrwtrAthlete (07-03-18)
Old 06-30-18, 03:00 PM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 22,039 Times in 13,023 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hello, I'm a new member here.

Hi and welcome
Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm

The Following User Says Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
AdultADHD (06-30-18)
Old 06-30-18, 03:34 PM
Jr Member

Yes! Acceptance. Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to AdultADHD For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (06-30-18)
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-18, 04:45 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 14,463 Times in 6,937 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome here and enjoy!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
AdultADHD (06-30-18), Little Missy (06-30-18)
Old 06-30-18, 06:57 PM
Jr Member

Thank you!
The Following User Says Thank You to AdultADHD For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (06-30-18)
Old 07-12-18, 03:08 AM

Damion is on a distinguished road

Hi everyone, i am new in this forum, very glas to join this community...
Old 07-13-18, 04:16 AM

natnatroswell22 is on a distinguished road

Hi! Welcome to this forum. I hope you will enjoy and learn new things at the same time.