ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Meditation and Spirituality
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-17, 02:35 PM
Banned

Letching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud of
Re: Affirmation and Quotes

153 fish

"My God"

People -- what have you done --
locked Him in His golden cage.
Made Him bend to your religion --
Him resurrected from the grave.
He is the god of nothing --
if that's all that you can see.

Jethro Tull

No wonder no one can see Him.

Blessed are the pure in heart
for they shall see GOD

Him Resurrected From The Grave

I don't believe you,
you had the whole damn thing all wrong
He's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
Old 04-16-17, 02:37 PM
Banned

Letching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud of

You cannot see god!

No one has ever seen god!
Old 04-16-17, 11:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letching Gray View Post
You cannot see god!

No one has ever seen god!
But the pure in heart?

The pure in heart.

When?

Anytime, anywhere.

No! How's that possible?

If my glasses are covered with dirt and grime, my vision is blurred. When I clean them, I can see for miles and miles and miles and miles.

When my heart is filled with hatred, bitterness, envy, murderous thoughts, witchcraft, pride and jealousy, I see everything from a perspective smeared with junk.

When my heart is washed clean, I see Him in every grain of sand.

I can't wash my insides.

You got it!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-17, 12:31 AM
Banned

The pure in heart shall see Him

What the hell does that mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letching Gray View Post
153 fish

"My God"

People -- what have you done --
locked Him in His golden cage.
Made Him bend to your religion --
Him resurrected from the grave.
He is the god of nothing --
if that's all that you can see.

Jethro Tull

No wonder no one can see Him.

I don't believe you,
you had the whole damn thing all wrong
He's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
Hold up! Slow down, Way down. Who in the world is Tull referring to, "Him resurrected from the grave?" What is that about? Easter is about Bunny Rabbits, chocolate eggs and silly myths. No one rises from the dead. Get serious.

But, Jethro Tull, in some nutty, contrived ruse, produces a song all about this nonsense, as if it's real or was real, or they are simply spoofin on us. (But Tull plays this music like it's personal. I hear the anger, the resentment and bitterness in every word, in every note from every instrument.) Sup?

"He is the God of nothing if that's all that you can see" What? Of course you can't see God, DUH! There ain't no God. He's not locked in some golden bird cage. And He can't be seen because He does not exist.

O, you mean people put Him in a cage? Now, how do humans do something to God? There ain't no God, but if there were, mankind can't do anything to Him, so what's up?

Bend to your religion? I hate religion. O, you mean people who use religion? Well, of course. That's what religion is: a way to control people. So, wait, Tull, are you saying that as people use religions for their own ends, then He's locked in a cage, not free? Not free to be viewed for who and what He really is? He is the God of nothing if that's all that you can see. You mean, if people use God, God is invisible?

there can be no God. If God existed He would have stopped all the hell done in His name, period.

Mother never would have beat up my sister, pulled her hair out, left her catatonic in the living room behind the curtains next to the picture windows.

No? No?

Free will.

Free will?
Old 04-18-17, 12:48 AM
Banned

After life is lived
and we're bolting down the home stretch
and we question why we ever lived
where do we wind up?

When I was young
And they taught me how not to play the game
I didn't mind if they groomed me for success
Or if they said
That I was just a fool

"So to my old headmaster
And to anyone who cares,
Before I'm through,
I'd like to say my prayers.

So I asked this "GOD" a question
And by way of firm reply
He said, "I'm not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays."

Iin your pomp and all your glory
You're a poorer man than me
As you lick the boots of death
Born out of fear

I don't believe you.
You had the whole damn thing all wrong.
He's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays.

Tull
Old 04-18-17, 05:16 AM

Moonlight is on a distinguished road

Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. -----Thomas Edison
The Following User Says Thank You to Moonlight For This Useful Post:
aeon (04-18-17)
Old 04-20-17, 09:20 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 12,145 Times in 5,387 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

Little Missy (04-20-17), Pilgrim (04-20-17), stef (04-21-17)
Old 07-16-17, 04:47 PM
Zen moderator

Thanked 25,932 Times in 12,699 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

" Progress, not perfection"

Denzel Wahington, in The Equalizer
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
aeon (07-16-17), Little Missy (07-16-17)
Old 07-16-17, 07:52 PM

aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

"The misconception which has haunted philosophic literature throughout the centuries is the notion of 'independent existence.' There is no such mode of existence; every entity is to be understood in terms of the way it is interwoven with the rest of the universe." ~Alfred North Whitehead
Eamonned (10-03-17), Little Missy (07-16-17)
Old 07-26-17, 02:29 AM
Contributor

wonderboy has a spectacular aura aboutwonderboy has a spectacular aura about
Exclamation Re: Affirmation and Quotes

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else.. is the greatest accomplishment.”

-Emerson
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wonderboy For This Useful Post:
aeon (07-26-17), anonymouslyadd (08-05-17), Little Missy (07-26-17)
Old 08-05-17, 10:43 PM

“Have I gone mad? I'm afraid so. You're entirely Bonkers. But I will tell you a secret, All the best people are.” ~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Little Missy (08-06-17)
Old 08-11-17, 01:13 AM

An unnamed Grenfell Tower survivor, upon being asked by a BBC reporter "In times like this, do you turn to faith for strength and support?"

"Even a tragedy such as this is no reason for a willful indulgence of the irrational."
Little Missy (08-11-17)
Old 08-19-17, 06:04 PM

Thanked 30,868 Times in 13,850 Posts
peripatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond repute

"I believe there is another world waiting for us, sixsmith, a better world. I will be waiting for you there."

Cloud atlas
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peripatetic For This Useful Post:
aeon (08-19-17), Little Missy (08-19-17), Unmanagable (08-22-17)
Old 08-22-17, 01:16 AM
Moderator of all seasons

Thanked 16,123 Times in 8,152 Posts
anonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond repute

Perseverance and Spirit have done Wonders in all ages.

~George Washington
Old 10-07-17, 09:27 AM

KitCat has a spectacular aura aboutKitCat has a spectacular aura about

One of my favorite quotes...
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg goodday.jpeg (17.8 KB, 1 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to KitCat For This Useful Post:
aeon (10-07-17)