ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 07-27-17, 03:24 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 28,922 Times in 13,087 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Adderall Psychosis?

OP, I still dont believe you should be dealing with this alone. I dont think the doctor is taking it as seriously as he/she should.

I carried a watermelon?

I've always been one of a kind. It just hasnt always been positive.
Old 08-04-17, 09:54 AM
Jr Member

Cinzzz is on a distinguished road

just don't touch stimulants again. it could also be amphetamine withdrawal psychosis, where the depression is so intense it causes a sort of psychotic depression.

I had a history of abusing illicit stimulants in the past and it was a nightmare- the psychotic episodes. It will haunt you for months. Never take above the therapeutic dose of prescribed stimulants and never abuse illegal stimulants.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cinzzz For This Useful Post:
aeon (08-04-17)
Old 08-13-17, 12:06 PM

Thanked 30,870 Times in 13,851 Posts
peripatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond repute

how is she doing now?

a lot of what you describe with unemployment and becoming less social...sounds familiar to me.

i didn't have adderall induced (or other medication induced) psychosis, but i do have episodes of it and that's all i care to reveal about it at the moment. this could really be part of a larger problem that the adderall brought to light faster, but may well have come to light without it.

he gave her a sleep aid... did he have a plan for what happens if the disturbing thoughts don't respond to solid sleep (which, sleep deprivation can screw over the best of us)?

you're welcome to message me if you want to discuss this in more depth but not so publicly. i'm sorry she's enduring this and you're caught up in it, too. xx
Sponsored Links