ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 05-12-10, 02:00 AM

PhishHead is on a distinguished road
SP-465 (Shire): Super Adderall XR 16 hours

Anyone heard about this? Supposed to last 16 hours so maybe we will actually get close to 12

http://www.addforums.com/forums/show...hlight=intuniv

SP-465 (Shire): Super Adderall XR. Brought to you by the people who first reformulated dexedrine into adderall, then reformulated adderall into adderall XR, and then reformulated dexedrine into Vyvanse, we now have...a reformulation of adderall XR into a new drug! In an industry that is well-known for repacking the same drugs over and over again for new patents, Shire really takes the cake. The gist? Identical to adderall but provides 16 hour extended release. A truly one-daily dose. Not bad. Though one has to wonder why they're working on a 16 hour formulation RIGHT after their 12-14 hour formulation. From a marketing perspective, is that wise?
Old 05-12-10, 07:15 AM

Josh_kelly is just really niceJosh_kelly is just really niceJosh_kelly is just really niceJosh_kelly is just really nice
Re: SP-465 (Shire): Super Adderall XR 16 hours

yes, adderall XL (extra long)

triple bead technology

3 types of bead.

instant : 0-4. dissolving in stomach
extended: 4-8. ion exchange in small intestine
sustained extended: 6-10hrs. delay by onion peeling then ion exchange
its the same ion exchange beads but inside a number of inactive outer shells. outer shells release no med. their purpose is to delay release of the core ion exchange bead

outer layer is exposed to water where it expands like a balloon from absorbing the water molecules or hydroxide ions in the small intestine, then break (peels) exposing shell beneath it and so on. after all shells break or peel. core ion exchange bead is exposed and release amp molecule.

i admire shire scientists. or at least the company designing release mechanism.

however, sad news is, they stopped development because it would be twice as expensive as adderall xr. their losing patent on the xr and its similar to ir and shire bought a company that was in a final stages of introducing vyvanse. vyvanse is cheap to make, its made by chemical reaction with lysine. no expensive, beads, shells, coating...
its just one type of release mech plus its d-amp only so no pns stim and risk of side effects and no potential for abuse
totally new tech so they can have a solid patent.

although FDA approved it adderall XL triple
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...-58330607.html

http://www.addadhdblog.com/triple-be...no-more/#1a2d9
Old 05-12-10, 09:57 AM

PhishHead is on a distinguished road

so this is dead in the water then?? Boo
Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-11, 05:49 AM

Drizzy is on a distinguished road

That sucks that it isn't going to go into production(yet). I have a feeling it will in the next year or 2 bc a lot of people are unsatisfied with vyvanse, myself included.

Plus, Shire makes way more money on Adderall XR compared to Vyvanse. I think the PNS stimulation is VERY helpful for those of us that have no motivation and need that kick to get us going. Vyvanse didn't do anything for me except give me a TINY bit of focus and a ton of anxiety. Plus, why would Shire spend all that money/time, and get it FDA approved if they didn't have plans on keeping it. The Adderall XR patent doesn't run out until 2019 so its not like they are in a huge rush to come up with something that just last 3-4 hours longer. That my 2 cents at least
Old 10-10-11, 11:54 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

PedroDaGr8 is a glorious beacon of lightPedroDaGr8 is a glorious beacon of lightPedroDaGr8 is a glorious beacon of lightPedroDaGr8 is a glorious beacon of lightPedroDaGr8 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzy View Post
That sucks that it isn't going to go into production(yet). I have a feeling it will in the next year or 2 bc a lot of people are unsatisfied with vyvanse, myself included.

Plus, Shire makes way more money on Adderall XR compared to Vyvanse. I think the PNS stimulation is VERY helpful for those of us that have no motivation and need that kick to get us going. Vyvanse didn't do anything for me except give me a TINY bit of focus and a ton of anxiety. Plus, why would Shire spend all that money/time, and get it FDA approved if they didn't have plans on keeping it. The Adderall XR patent doesn't run out until 2019 so its not like they are in a huge rush to come up with something that just last 3-4 hours longer. That my 2 cents at least
To be honest, I wouldn't be entirely surprised if they released a vyvanse-like form of adderall. In that instead of it having just d-amphetamine bound to l-lysine. It would have both bound to l-lysine. As someone mentioned, the Adderall XL is quite expensive to make.
Old 10-10-11, 09:32 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

kiosk is a jewel in the roughkiosk is a jewel in the roughkiosk is a jewel in the rough

LOL....well there goes patent ingenuity, lets add a TRIPLE bead and get another 3 years of millions $ out of it....geez, they starting to sound like the Gillette people, 3 blades, 4 blades, 5 blades
Old 10-10-11, 10:07 PM

andgarden has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiosk View Post
LOL....well there goes patent ingenuity, lets add a TRIPLE bead and get another 3 years of millions $ out of it....geez, they starting to sound like the Gillette people, 3 blades, 4 blades, 5 blades
Hasn't failed Gillette yet.