ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-19-17, 08:17 PM

fathom6 is on a distinguished road
Need advice

Hi everyone, sorry for the long writeup.

I am 28 guy, I hate saying this - I have low esteem, and I am overly sensitive. I have been a stutterer all my life (and been made fun of), and yesterday a Psychiatrist I saw, said I do have ADD. I have been having problems recently in my life, I procrastinate too much about doing things that I need to do, I fear little things like having meetings with my managers, I feel as if something very bad is about to happen, and dread even writing emails. I dont socialize due to my stuttering and fear/get anxiety over little things.

The doc gave me, I think:
Vivanse 70mg (so to help improve my concentration - ADD, feel good about myself, and maybe also to reduce binge eating that I do when I get afraid)
Buspirone 5mg (for my stuttering, and anxieties).

I have so many questions:
A. I took 1/2 capsule of Vivanse around 10am today while I was watching TV. It was so cool, in about 11am I was laughing (something I haven't done in years), I was so happy. My senses did became heightened. At about 1pm, I took Buspirone. I was watching a drama series (Watch over me, on on Hulu), but had to turn off the TV off, since the drama felt too intense ... it felt as if the drama was real and I being a character in it.
Is this normal (was this the 'high' feeling)? Do you watch suspense dramas while on meds? I dont know if it was Vivanse or Buspirone? Buspirone was supposed to treat my anxiety, and apparently upon taking Buspirone, my anxiety increased so much. Though I have to admit, it was a pleasant form of anxiety, just too much to stomach.

B. Cost: While Buspirone is cheap ($7 for a month supply), Vivanse is EXTREMELY expensive $275/mo with insurance. How do others here on this forum afford Vivanse?

C. Do you think, my meds are providing the full coverage of my conditions? Any tips?

Condition: Stuttering, ADD, Social Anxiety, LPR