ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-17, 10:40 AM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 12,637 Times in 6,233 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Today I am grateful for... (Part II)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaVita View Post
My life that is so amazing I can hardly believe it, my husband who loves me so, and self acceptance and love.
This makes me smile mucho

((((((((((((((MOM))))))))))))))
I'll always fondly remember.

The Following User Says Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
stef (03-12-17)
Old 03-12-17, 10:44 AM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 18,865 Times in 10,887 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

(((((Bella, psycho and dvd)))))

And everyone else on ADDF

And Ebony and Tigger

And my amazing work colleagues

sorry for mushiness
Ebony (1st January 2014 - current)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm
Hope you all have a beautiful day
"Forever is a long, long time and time has a way of changing things" Big Mama - The Fox and the Hound (Disney)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (03-12-17), stef (03-12-17)
Old 03-12-17, 11:34 AM

psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

((((((((((((((&and& Midsy-Widsy too!))))))))))))))

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
midnightstar (03-12-17), stef (03-12-17)
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-17, 02:02 AM
Moderator of all seasons

Thanked 16,091 Times in 8,142 Posts
anonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond repute

I owe so much of my success to ADD Forums.
aeon (03-16-17), psychopathetic (03-23-17), stef (03-16-17)
Old 03-16-17, 04:38 AM
Zen moderator

Thanked 25,756 Times in 12,618 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

Well it's SPRING
A little early this year, it's surprising
but the one positive thing, of having weeks of dreary gray, mild weather is once the sun is out for a few days, it's instant springtime
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
aeon (03-16-17), psychopathetic (03-23-17)
Old 03-16-17, 11:36 PM
Moderator of all seasons

anonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond repute

For a place to share my successes with. Thank you. I could never share all that I have shared out in this NT world. Our successes come with greater effort than most in this world.

psychopathetic (03-20-17), stef (03-17-17)
Old 03-19-17, 01:25 PM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

C15H25N3O is a name known to allC15H25N3O is a name known to allC15H25N3O is a name known to allC15H25N3O is a name known to allC15H25N3O is a name known to allC15H25N3O is a name known to all

healing plants. pharma sucks!

CBD-votary
Old 03-20-17, 03:48 PM

addf

I love that this place exists for me. I love that I can float off for a bit, but then come back randomly and feel right at home again.

This place has been a rock in my life the last few years. A solid place for me to take shelter behind.

(((ADDF)))

Fuzzy12 (03-24-17), stef (03-20-17)
Old 03-20-17, 05:27 PM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 18,865 Times in 10,887 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

I think most people here are grateful for ADDF
Ebony (1st January 2014 - current)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm
Hope you all have a beautiful day
"Forever is a long, long time and time has a way of changing things" Big Mama - The Fox and the Hound (Disney)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
anonymouslyadd (03-20-17), Fuzzy12 (03-20-17), psychopathetic (03-21-17)
Old 03-20-17, 10:29 PM
Moderator of all seasons

The people here! You're amazing.
Fuzzy12 (03-24-17), psychopathetic (03-21-17)
Old 03-20-17, 10:44 PM
The Von Kaiser of Moderators

Johnny Slick is a glorious beacon of lightJohnny Slick is a glorious beacon of lightJohnny Slick is a glorious beacon of lightJohnny Slick is a glorious beacon of lightJohnny Slick is a glorious beacon of light

I agree with the people here! And now I feel kind of guilty for saying something else but here goes!

So... catharsis isn't supposed to be a thing, right? Because it kind of feels like it is anyway. I'm taking this beginning acting class where we are learning and eventually "performing" these monologues in front of class. This past Sunday was the first day (week 3) that we read through them as a group, by which I mean we all stood in different parts of the room and recited them to ourselves as the instructor called out different ways to approach the whole thing (angry, then sad, then mocking / as though the whole thing was a big joke, etc.). One of the things that he said we needed to do was to make bold choices and don't be afraid to have something flop tremendously.

So I did these things - it helps, I guess, that the character in my monologue has a great deal of pent-up rage - and man, it kind of felt great. Not just that awesome feeling you get when you just get into the moment and kind of forget who you are because you're the character instead, like, afterwards everything just felt so much... calmer.

Tonight I sat down with it myself and took a bit more care (for LE ACTORS I mean I separated the monologue into beats and tried to make a bold decision in each one) and over the course of the past... two hours or so, I guess (I'm also trying to memorize it, so tonight will probably be the toughest night), I've managed to a. completely exhaust myself, b. reach a point where I think I've *mostly* gotten it memorized (we'll see tomorrow!), and c. gotten that "oh man, I feel kind of great" feeling from Sunday.

I might be way, way off in my assessment, who knows, but I do feel like this class is already helping me out a *ton*. Us ADHDers know how hard it can be to express oneself sometimes, especially after a lifetime of holding that stuff in, and I really feel like I am getting it done.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Johnny Slick For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (03-24-17), psychopathetic (03-21-17), stef (03-21-17)
Old 03-23-17, 10:37 PM

Had a very productive doctor's appointment today (medical doc, not my mental health doc).

I confessed to him that I'm taking waaaaay more insulin for my diabetes than he has me prescribed for (double! )...But my numbers aren't dropping to dangerous levels, and since I've been taking these amounts my levels have actually started to stay in my target ranges (where as I've been dealing with extremely high levels for many months before now).

He's reluctant to recommend I stay taking the amounts I'm taking (he says I'm taking more than anyone he's ever worked with)...but after sharing some of his concerns and some of the downsides to taking such large amounts of insulin...he told me to continue.

He thinks a lot of my issues I'm experiencing over the past 1-3 months...isn't my hypothyroidism like I'd thought...but rather my sleep apnea.
I'm going to set up an appointment here soon to get a sleep study done and try a cpap again (a machine that pumps oxygen into my nose and/or mouth while I sleep so I don't stop breathing.

He wants to wait 1 more month to check my A1C (overall sugar levels)...but he did have my TSH (thyroid) levels checked today. He'll likely e-mail me the results tomorrow.
I'm pretty convinced it'll still be really high...I'm still convinced my thyroid issues are wrecking havoc on me. We'll adjust my meds once we know the results.

Today I'm grateful to have such an awesome medical doctor and mental health doc.
Neither have given up on my yet somehow lol...and neither show any sign of ever wanting to give up on me.
Both have been very receptive of my honesty...and neither have been upset with me when I inform them that I've taken more of my meds then prescribed. In fact, not only do they not get upset...but they've both actually been willing to work with me and to increase my doses for me.
It's just a nice feeling to know I can be honest without the fear of being damned.

I feel insanely lucky to have these 2 professionals in my life.

It's also nice that I'm so open to actually taking meds at this time in my life. I've been so resistant to taking pills for anything for my entire life. It's nice to finally be open to them and to continue taking them consistently.

/pats self on back.

(((((((Hugs)))))))

Fuzzy12 (03-24-17), stef (03-24-17)
Old 03-24-17, 08:47 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 18,637 Times in 9,935 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Slick View Post
I agree with the people here! And now I feel kind of guilty for saying something else but here goes!

So... catharsis isn't supposed to be a thing, right? Because it kind of feels like it is anyway. I'm taking this beginning acting class where we are learning and eventually "performing" these monologues in front of class. This past Sunday was the first day (week 3) that we read through them as a group, by which I mean we all stood in different parts of the room and recited them to ourselves as the instructor called out different ways to approach the whole thing (angry, then sad, then mocking / as though the whole thing was a big joke, etc.). One of the things that he said we needed to do was to make bold choices and don't be afraid to have something flop tremendously.

So I did these things - it helps, I guess, that the character in my monologue has a great deal of pent-up rage - and man, it kind of felt great. Not just that awesome feeling you get when you just get into the moment and kind of forget who you are because you're the character instead, like, afterwards everything just felt so much... calmer.

Tonight I sat down with it myself and took a bit more care (for LE ACTORS I mean I separated the monologue into beats and tried to make a bold decision in each one) and over the course of the past... two hours or so, I guess (I'm also trying to memorize it, so tonight will probably be the toughest night), I've managed to a. completely exhaust myself, b. reach a point where I think I've *mostly* gotten it memorized (we'll see tomorrow!), and c. gotten that "oh man, I feel kind of great" feeling from Sunday.

I might be way, way off in my assessment, who knows, but I do feel like this class is already helping me out a *ton*. Us ADHDers know how hard it can be to express oneself sometimes, especially after a lifetime of holding that stuff in, and I really feel like I am getting it done.
The Stanislavski Method. Stan is the man. That's what I learned in theatre drama.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
Old 03-28-17, 10:54 AM
Zen moderator

Thanked 25,756 Times in 12,618 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

I'm grateful for LIGHT.
We moved the clocks ahead here on Sunday;
so last night it was still bright out when I left work (after 7:00 pm); and the sky was blue, and now the leaves are all budding in the trees along the boulevard; and it was light out the whole commute home.

I've had a happy winter, - yet to walk out into that brightness, was just like a huge weight was lifted from my shoulders. Seasonal affective disorder, can just go straight back to hell until next fall.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
aeon (03-28-17), Fuzzy12 (03-28-17), Little Missy (03-28-17)
Old 03-28-17, 11:59 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 27,171 Times in 12,623 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Hot fuzzling weighed today and she's put on a really good amount.

I hope the health visitor read the number off the scale properly..still I'm thrilled!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
aeon (03-28-17), Little Missy (03-28-17), stef (03-28-17)