ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-17, 05:05 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 5,526 Times in 2,368 Posts
Hermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The what's bothering you RIGHT NOW thread Part III

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightstar View Post
I know ADDF won't judge me for the worst things, will the mental health support charity judge me?
Mental health professionals have heard the most insane things. I think there is little you can tell them that they will be shocked about.
Letching Gray (03-20-17), Lunacie (03-20-17), midnightstar (03-20-17), psychopathetic (03-20-17)
Old 03-20-17, 05:17 PM
Mr. BllVt

Thanked 17,952 Times in 9,009 Posts
dvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I know ADDF won't judge me for the worst things, will the mental health support charity judge me?

sorry for the ten million pages of this
This is one of the most important and best "what's bothering you" exchanges ever on ADDF. Thousands of people need to know this, and I'm glad you're helping them to see.

They are very unlikely to judge. They deal with difficult problems every day.

Some people judge. But if a person is going to judge you, they will do it anyway, regardless of what you tell them. There is NO way to prevent it.

The worst and harshest judgment I've ever seen in medical situations has been when an anxious person decided not to reveal the whole truth. The doctor doesn't know why the person is afraid - all the doctor sees in that case is a liar.

When you tell the WHOLE truth to the doctor, taking special care to include all the parts that make you look bad, they will trust you far more, and judge you far less.

And the judgers, who will always judge anyway, can go fart in the litter tray. There is nothing you can ever do about the judgers, so stop trying to look good in front of them.
Postmodernism, the school of 'thought' that proclaimed 'There are no truths, only interpretations' has largely played itself out in absurdity, but it has left behind a generation of academics in the humanities disabled by their distrust of the very idea of truth and their disrespect for evidence, settling for 'conversations' in which nobody is wrong and nothing can be confirmed, only asserted with whatever style you can muster.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dvdnvwls For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (03-20-17), midnightstar (03-20-17), psychopathetic (03-20-17), stef (03-21-17)
Old 03-20-17, 07:44 PM

Thanked 27,769 Times in 12,836 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Another trip down to A n E. Fuzzling violently threw up all evening. The doctors couldn't figure out what's wrong. Could be a bug, could be another allergy, who knows??

I've been so tired and weepy all day long ..and that was before the projectile vomiting started. I'm hart getting rime to do the basics like cut her finger nails. She's clawing both her and my skin open with those claws of hers.

I'm exhausted and I'm almost scared of what challenges tomorrow will bring...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
Letching Gray (03-20-17), psychopathetic (03-20-17), stef (03-21-17)
Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-17, 08:27 PM

Thanked 23,880 Times in 11,053 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy12 View Post
Another trip down to A n E. Fuzzling violently threw up all evening. The doctors couldn't figure out what's wrong. Could be a bug, could be another allergy, who knows??

I've been so tired and weepy all day long ..and that was before the projectile vomiting started. I'm hart getting rime to do the basics like cut her finger nails. She's clawing both her and my skin open with those claws of hers.

I am so sorry for both of you.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (03-20-17), Letching Gray (03-20-17), psychopathetic (03-20-17), stef (03-21-17)
Old 03-20-17, 08:34 PM
Banned

Letching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud of

Quote:
But sometimes the person with the anxiety disorder doesn't actually *know* what's wrong

And sometimes like dumbo here they can't actually find the right words and get the words from their brain to their mouth

< is the dumbo
Feels to me like you are being judged harshly and unecessarily. Defense mechanisms are important. Not disclosing fully everything about yourself at the first appointment with a therapist isn't necessarily evidence of dishonesty. Not everyone is deserving of our full trust and it could actually be harmful to you/someone. You are entitled to own your sense of timing, to be reluctant, to test the waters.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Letching Gray For This Useful Post:
Hermus (03-21-17), midnightstar (03-21-17)
Old 03-20-17, 08:37 PM
Banned

Letching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud of

Quote:

I am sorry.
Fuzzy12 (03-20-17), psychopathetic (03-20-17)
Old 03-20-17, 08:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdnvwls View Post
The worst and harshest judgment I've ever seen in medical situations has been when an anxious person decided not to reveal the whole truth. The doctor doesn't know why the person is afraid - all the doctor sees in that case is a liar.
"all the doctor sees in that case is a liar." I would not trust a doctor if that's all she could see.

A doctor doesn't have to conclude the person is a liar based on a sense the person hasn't divulged everything-even when she hasn't. If the doctor doesn't know why the patient is afraid, she can choose among a bunch of possibilities that may influence the patient's hesitancy and then to look into that matter in time. Many of us are afraid in the presence of a stranger when she is seeking to learn about our most private thoughts and personal feelings and experiences.

Sponsors, clergy, best friends, etc., can be helpful when we need to unload, too.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Letching Gray For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (03-20-17), Hermus (03-21-17), midnightstar (03-21-17)
Old 03-20-17, 08:57 PM
Banned

Quote:

Me too, though my challenges are different. Thanks for offering this
The Following User Says Thank You to Letching Gray For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (03-20-17)
Old 03-20-17, 09:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdnvwls View Post
Trust is two-way. They can tell when you don't trust them. It makes them think you're lying. If you carefully judge what to tell them in order to "paint the picture" in the way you want them to see, they notice that, and again the result is they think you're lying.

I know you're not lying. I know you're acting as you are for various good reasons. But someone meeting you for the first time or even the tenth time is not going to know that. It's taken me a long time to learn about you, because you're afraid of looking a certain way - and to keep up appearances, you often avoid talking about what's important.

It's not good to trust everyone, but you have to trust someone. In fact, you have to decide to trust someone - otherwise we know that you'll slip into the usual habit of holding back information. And that held-back information is one of the biggest reasons why your treatment has been poor so far.
No one knows what she will do. Holding back information may be the one thing keeping her alive. No one knows why treatment may not have been as effective as possible so far. In fact, her treatment may have been very effective. She's here, living, talking about it. "Some are sicker than others."

If a person is pushed into/along a therapeutic process before she's ready, that has the potential to be dangerous. Each in his own way, each in his own time, Good therapists know people progress at different rates.
The Following User Says Thank You to Letching Gray For This Useful Post:
midnightstar (03-21-17)
Old 03-20-17, 09:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
I'm trying to figure out what makes fuzzling sneeze and wheeze half of the time when she's eating solids. Maybe it's not the food but something else as today sue actually refused to eat any of it.
I never know if it's severe enough to warrant giving her an anti histamine.

There's just too many things to worry about. She hasn't been very happy in the past few days. I go to the gp almost every week and I'm worried he'll start thinking I'm just a hypochondriac.
You ask them when to give Fuzzy what. Expect an intelligent answer. You are not contacting them because you are imagining problems. You present them with real medical issues. As professionals, they owe you a "duty of care". They are legally bound to provide the best care possible. Why not let us worry about why you are taking her? How 'bout that? Turn it over to us to handle that burden. You sleep, eat healthfully, and love that precious little baby, Okay?
psychopathetic (03-21-17), stef (03-21-17)
Old 03-21-17, 01:31 AM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 12,640 Times in 6,234 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

(((((((Midsy)))))))

I'm sorry that I've been so upfront and a bit harsh tonight Mid Mids .

It really does stem from a place of concern.

(((Mids)))

I think you're going to do great with the phone call tomorrow and I'm SO looking forward to your future. I think this is a major step you're taking and that it'll very much so end up being a positive one at that (even though it wont feel that way at all at first...therapy isn't easy...but it is (when done correctly with a competent professional) good).

I'm with DVD too when he thanked you for sharing all of this...it helps others out there who may be struggling with similar feelings and realities to see that they're not alone. You working it out openly here on the forums can absolutely give others strength.

(((Hugs)))

/adores his Midsy.

((((((((((((((MOM))))))))))))))
I'll always fondly remember.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Letching Gray (03-21-17), Lunacie (03-21-17), midnightstar (03-21-17)
Old 03-21-17, 01:46 AM

psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

HEY LOOK!

IT'S MY FUZZY WUZZY BEAR!!!

/bear e-(((hugs))) his Wuzzy!!!

(((((((((((((((((((((WUZZY)))))))))))))))))))))

...OH NO!

Wuzz?
Wuzzy??? You doing okay there! WAKE UP WUZZY! I DIDN'T MEAN TO SQUEEZE SO HARD!
It's just...it's been like an entire week since I've e-(((hugged))) you! DO YOU KNOW HOW FREAKING LONG THAT IS!!?
It's like at least a million times infinity plus 10 divided by infinity plus 1!!!
Plus infinity!

And awww that saddens me me so much to hear the Lil Itsy Bitsy smelly monsterBeautiful Princess isn't feeling so well.
I hope she gets well soon. I don't even want to try to imagine how scary it is as a parent to see a child get sick like this. Bleh

My eldest niece use to claw herself real bad...so my sister bought these cute little mittens for her to wear which worked out great.

Oh and p.s.
I was watching a cute compilation of goofy birds on youtube earlier and was thinking of you and your 2 brats lol.
How are the 2 budgies doing?

=======EDIT:=======
This one! lol

The Following User Says Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Letching Gray (03-21-17)
Old 03-21-17, 03:11 AM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 20,031 Times in 11,667 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

Did i talk too much about it on addf? Heading to work now, phone call after work, on bus now, cant see if making sense on phone
Ebony (1st January 2014 - current)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm
Hope you all have a beautiful day
"Keep your dreams alive, dreaming is still how the strong survive" Oliver and Company (Disney)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
Hermus (03-21-17), Letching Gray (03-21-17), psychopathetic (03-21-17), stef (03-21-17)
Old 03-21-17, 03:15 AM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 20,031 Times in 11,667 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

I will have to thank posts when on laptop, phone not liking thanks today
Ebony (1st January 2014 - current)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm
Hope you all have a beautiful day
"Keep your dreams alive, dreaming is still how the strong survive" Oliver and Company (Disney)
The Following User Says Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
stef (03-21-17)
Old 03-21-17, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Did i talk too much about it on addf? Heading to work now, phone call after work, on bus now, cant see if making sense on phone
You're making sense
And no, you certainly didn't talk about it too much.

lol I SO want to go to work with you just to bug you! Like they have a "bring your daughter/son to work day"...I think they need a "bring your friend from across the pond to work day" hehe.

(((((((Midsy)))))))

I hope you have a great day at work!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Letching Gray (03-21-17), Lunacie (03-21-17), midnightstar (03-21-17), stef (03-21-17)
Closed Thread