ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > New Member Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-11, 02:52 PM

momma_add is on a distinguished road
Smile Not lazy.. I have ADD! Ok maybe a little lazy.. :)

Hello everyone! I've been a dirty lurky on this site for quite some time. Today I decided instead of cleaning my house, I'd make a profile and introduce myself!

I'm 24 years old and was diagnosed with ADD about a year ago. I tried every medication under the sun and finally (fingers crossed) have been doing great on Adderall XR minus a couple bumps in the road.

Being diagnosed didn't surprise me. Ok, I'm lying. It did. After so many years of failing college courses, not finishing simple tasks (it would take me days to finish the dishes), being able to hold down a job and even dropping out of high school, I thought I was just dumb, lazy and a little on the crazy side. I learned to just accept myself as a halfass (can I say that word here!?!) person. So when I took that little test, I was pretty amazed. I guess daydreaming about dating your favorite member from *NSYNC when your teacher is trying to teach you something really isn't normal after all. But at least now I can try to cope better.

So far I've realized that taking a pill doesn't really change too much. Yes it gives me concentration I've never ever had before. But it's me who has to take the first step in doing what I'm SUPPOSED to be doing instead of what I WANT to be doing. Like right now for example. Hehhe. Baby steps.. baby steps.

Hopefully I'll meet some great people on this site! Thanks
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to momma_add For This Useful Post:
danelady (04-05-11), metzfanaz (04-05-11)
Old 04-05-11, 03:07 PM
Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,243 Times in 699 Posts
Offle is a name known to allOffle is a name known to allOffle is a name known to allOffle is a name known to allOffle is a name known to allOffle is a name known to allOffle is a name known to all
Re: Not lazy.. I have ADD! Ok maybe a little lazy.. :)

Hello, and welcome to the forum. You will meet some great people on here. They're all very nice here, those I have encountered anyway, and they have a lot of great advice and support that they can offer you.

I have to work on the whole motivation thing too. I'm pretty bad about it. IN fact I should be getting dressed to leave for class at the moment, but the internet is so much more interesting.

"For my part I know nothing with any certainty but the sight of the stars makes me dream."
-- Vincent Van Gogh
Old 04-05-11, 05:32 PM
mod of many colors

Thanked 3,304 Times in 1,578 Posts
pooka has a reputation beyond reputepooka has a reputation beyond reputepooka has a reputation beyond reputepooka has a reputation beyond reputepooka has a reputation beyond reputepooka has a reputation beyond reputepooka has a reputation beyond reputepooka has a reputation beyond reputepooka has a reputation beyond reputepooka has a reputation beyond reputepooka has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forums, momma_add!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-11, 05:35 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 6,534 Times in 2,663 Posts
danelady has a reputation beyond reputedanelady has a reputation beyond reputedanelady has a reputation beyond reputedanelady has a reputation beyond reputedanelady has a reputation beyond reputedanelady has a reputation beyond reputedanelady has a reputation beyond reputedanelady has a reputation beyond reputedanelady has a reputation beyond reputedanelady has a reputation beyond reputedanelady has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome aboard!
Old 04-05-11, 05:39 PM

excel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to behold

Welcome to the forum!
Old 04-07-11, 06:27 AM

Thanked 3,337 Times in 1,909 Posts
Bluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond repute