ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > Inattentive ADD
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Inattentive ADD A forum set aside for the the discussion of inattention and inattentive ADD

View Poll Results: Are you rich or do you have rich parents?
Yes, I am rich. 3 11.11%
No, I am not rich. 20 74.07%
I have rich parents, but am not rich myself. 4 14.81%
I have rich parents and I am rich. 0 0%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-16-17, 12:29 PM
Contributor

adhdpi is on a distinguished road
Question to those with INATTENTIVE add; are you rich?

I want to ask those with INATTENTIVE add (the add without hyperactivity) if they are rich or have rich parents.

I am doing this for research purposes.
Old 03-16-17, 03:23 PM
Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,814 Times in 816 Posts
Impromptu_DTour has a reputation beyond reputeImpromptu_DTour has a reputation beyond reputeImpromptu_DTour has a reputation beyond reputeImpromptu_DTour has a reputation beyond reputeImpromptu_DTour has a reputation beyond reputeImpromptu_DTour has a reputation beyond reputeImpromptu_DTour has a reputation beyond reputeImpromptu_DTour has a reputation beyond reputeImpromptu_DTour has a reputation beyond reputeImpromptu_DTour has a reputation beyond reputeImpromptu_DTour has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Question to those with INATTENTIVE add; are you rich?

sorr.. i had to come to a place where i was able to stop punching myself in the face to keep myself from raging all over vBullitin.

but.. "for research purposes"..

my father was a man of the cloth. which meant we were the inverse of "rich".

he did however achieve multiple doctorates and several masters degrees spreading from theology through marriage and addiction and crisis and traumatology.

ill admit.. im working really hard to be.. open.. to the purpose of this poll.

there was less than 0 money in my family.

hope that helps.. justify .. something.. for you..

iDTour
The Following User Says Thank You to Impromptu_DTour For This Useful Post:
thaney (04-28-17)
Old 03-16-17, 03:24 PM
Forum ADDvocate

Impromptu_DTour has a reputation beyond reputeImpromptu_DTour has a reputation beyond reputeImpromptu_DTour has a reputation beyond reputeImpromptu_DTour has a reputation beyond reputeImpromptu_DTour has a reputation beyond reputeImpromptu_DTour has a reputation beyond reputeImpromptu_DTour has a reputation beyond reputeImpromptu_DTour has a reputation beyond reputeImpromptu_DTour has a reputation beyond reputeImpromptu_DTour has a reputation beyond reputeImpromptu_DTour has a reputation beyond repute

that said.. there really needs to be another criteria added to this poll..

I.. am DEFINITELY NOT rich..

and NEITHER were my parents.. and NEVER have been.

and NO.. there was no Inheritance.. In fact.. any "inheritance" will be built on MY shoulders..

and YES.. we worked our rear ends off... the entire time. Every day.

Last edited by namazu; 03-16-17 at 03:40 PM.. Reason: language
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-17, 03:26 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 5,071 Times in 2,500 Posts
Fraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, extremely rich..... until I snap out of the daydream.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fraser_0762 For This Useful Post:
kwalk (09-16-17), psychopathetic (03-22-17)
Old 03-16-17, 03:29 PM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 28,681 Times in 12,960 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Are combineds allowed to vote?

I carried a watermelon?

I've always been one of a kind. It just hasnt always been positive.
Old 03-16-17, 03:30 PM
Forum ADDvocate

ive lost it. (and yes im drunk.. deal with it).

i tried.

you're inferring that people with innatentive ADHD are entitled to be innatentive, because of some financial panacea/cyanide.

no.

it doesnt work like that..

3 of your 4 poll questions.. explicitly imply wealth as an environmental factor..

Last edited by namazu; 03-16-17 at 03:45 PM.. Reason: Etiquette guidelines.
cobain67 (03-16-17)
Old 03-16-17, 03:34 PM
Forum ADDvocate

im so well aware of the "fianncial issue" that is being brought up (albeit inversely).. that i turned my back on the church.. and psychology.. to pursue a life of science and engineering to try and offset "poverty".. and.. the problems are very real still. no "riches" about it.

Last edited by Impromptu_DTour; 03-16-17 at 03:55 PM..
l_ruth_ (05-05-17)
Old 03-16-17, 03:40 PM
Forum ADDvocate

~self moderation~

sorry

i wish life were "that easy". but no.. wealth does not create "Inattentiveness"

Last edited by Impromptu_DTour; 03-16-17 at 04:03 PM..
Old 03-22-17, 03:23 AM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 12,637 Times in 6,233 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraser_0762 View Post
Yes, extremely rich..... until I snap out of the daydream.
Just to immediately drift off into another.
Cause you know...ADD and stuff.
It's okay though. You can wait till tomorrow to do what you need to do!!

((((((((((((((MOM))))))))))))))
I'll always fondly remember.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Fraser_0762 (03-22-17), kwalk (09-16-17)
Old 03-22-17, 09:48 AM
ADDvanced Member

ajaxblu has a spectacular aura aboutajaxblu has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by adhdpi View Post
I want to ask those with INATTENTIVE add (the add without hyperactivity) if they are rich or have rich parents.

I am doing this for research purposes.

Not at all. I'm pretty sure my procrastination and distraction has prevented me from opportunities where I could have become rich.

I would say though, that "rich" is too ambiguous of a term for a study.
Old 03-22-17, 10:22 AM
The Von Kaiser of Moderators

Johnny Slick is a glorious beacon of lightJohnny Slick is a glorious beacon of lightJohnny Slick is a glorious beacon of lightJohnny Slick is a glorious beacon of lightJohnny Slick is a glorious beacon of light

Giving the OP the benefit of the doubt, maybe he actually has an idea that ADHD-I is something that only gets diagnosed in the children of wealthy parents (well, I'd go "down" to middle to upper middle class but whatevs) because the symptoms are such that if you're poor your condition is not called ADHD-PI but "yet another thing to suffer in silence and/or blame yourself about".

The thing is, the hyperactive strain of ADHD doesn't really get diagnosed so much in the poor either; instead, that gets called "you are going to jail, have fun". Look. I am trying to read this in a positive way, okay!?
Old 03-30-17, 06:11 AM
Mod-A-holic

sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Are you saying that rich people are more likely to be diagnosed in general or diagnosed PI?

I carried a watermelon?

Old 03-30-17, 09:19 AM
The Von Kaiser of Moderators

Johnny Slick is a glorious beacon of lightJohnny Slick is a glorious beacon of lightJohnny Slick is a glorious beacon of lightJohnny Slick is a glorious beacon of lightJohnny Slick is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
Are you saying that rich people are more likely to be diagnosed in general or diagnosed PI?
I'd say yes in general but especially for PI just because it's more subtle. Also I'm not a fan of the wording (I'd just say "not poor" instead) but hey, not my OP.
Old 03-30-17, 09:26 AM
Mod-A-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Slick View Post
I'd say yes in general but especially for PI just because it's more subtle. Also I'm not a fan of the wording (I'd just say "not poor" instead) but hey, not my OP.
I should have been more clear. I wasnt responding you you, I agree with you. The OP didnt elaborate and gave these as answers:
Quote:
Yes, I am rich.
No, I am not rich.
I have rich parents, but am not rich myself.
I have rich parents and I am rich.
I just dont understand what being inattentive has to do with it.

I carried a watermelon?

The Following User Says Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
Johnny Slick (03-30-17)
Old 03-30-17, 10:54 AM
Contributor

Goofycook is a name known to allGoofycook is a name known to allGoofycook is a name known to allGoofycook is a name known to allGoofycook is a name known to allGoofycook is a name known to allGoofycook is a name known to all

Rich is not a very nice word. Privileged is what I was taught. And people who are prefer not to talk about it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Goofycook For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (03-30-17)