ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > Inattentive ADD
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Inattentive ADD A forum set aside for the the discussion of inattention and inattentive ADD

Old 12-16-09, 05:37 PM
Zen moderator

Thanked 26,216 Times in 12,816 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute
worst case scenario (venting about a long day...)

Ok this was my day:
my boss was supposed to be away on business but he cancelled his trip and came to the office. I got *NOTHING* done on my list of things I had planned on what what supposd to be a quiet day.

(I had stayed up late wtching BAD reality tv after a big dinner & was exhausted. Transportation strikes and cold weather.)

spent a lot of time worrying and checking email and worrying about christmas gifts. I had planned to shop over lunch (yikes) and went even though I had less time than expected. Boss calls on cell phone so there I am at a busy intersection trying to contact another lawyer about this article he needed. I grabbed an ugly blouse for the Xmas party and paid and got out of there and had lunch way too far away but i really wanted some pineapple and some pringles and a tuna sandwich! So I rush back to the office...it's really cold and everything was so weird! it was like I was crumbling.

super important conf call to connect up - then I sat there stunned after it worked out (a huge client);

anyway finally I calmed down at about 4 or 5. UGH. and then still exhausted -people yelling at the train station to keep to your right - (it was over-crowded due to this strike) but then ecstactic with the christmas lights; watched TV; and tried on the ugly blouse while making dinner and actually it looks GREAT with a black skirt so now I'm actually excited for this party and we had dinner at least 20 min late and I don't even care and did some more online christmas shopping.

I only wrote this because no one seems to find days like this exceptional, but me!
The Following User Says Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
leapofaith (12-16-09)
Old 12-16-09, 06:31 PM
Contributor

leapofaith is just really niceleapofaith is just really niceleapofaith is just really niceleapofaith is just really nice
Re: worst case scenario (venting about a long day...)

One womans trash.......

Glad you can find the good at the end of a crazy day!!
If we couldn't laugh at ourselves we'd all be spending christmas
in a giant white padded room. Hum...That actually doesn't sound
half bad.......
Old 12-19-09, 05:54 PM

scruffziller will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by stef View Post
Ok this was my day:
my boss was supposed to be away on business but he cancelled his trip and came to the office. I got *NOTHING* done on my list of things I had planned on what what supposd to be a quiet day.

(I had stayed up late wtching BAD reality tv after a big dinner & was exhausted. Transportation strikes and cold weather.)

spent a lot of time worrying and checking email and worrying about christmas gifts. I had planned to shop over lunch (yikes) and went even though I had less time than expected. Boss calls on cell phone so there I am at a busy intersection trying to contact another lawyer about this article he needed. I grabbed an ugly blouse for the Xmas party and paid and got out of there and had lunch way too far away but i really wanted some pineapple and some pringles and a tuna sandwich! So I rush back to the office...it's really cold and everything was so weird! it was like I was crumbling.

super important conf call to connect up - then I sat there stunned after it worked out (a huge client);

anyway finally I calmed down at about 4 or 5. UGH. and then still exhausted -people yelling at the train station to keep to your right - (it was over-crowded due to this strike) but then ecstactic with the christmas lights; watched TV; and tried on the ugly blouse while making dinner and actually it looks GREAT with a black skirt so now I'm actually excited for this party and we had dinner at least 20 min late and I don't even care and did some more online christmas shopping.

I only wrote this because no one seems to find days like this exceptional, but me!
My days everyday, are a DILBERT cartoon.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-09, 12:31 AM
Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,114 Times in 541 Posts
wsmac has much to be proud ofwsmac has much to be proud ofwsmac has much to be proud ofwsmac has much to be proud ofwsmac has much to be proud ofwsmac has much to be proud ofwsmac has much to be proud ofwsmac has much to be proud ofwsmac has much to be proud of

Thanks for posting this Stef

As I was reading your story, I could actually feel a sense of 'crumbling'... the feeling I have when things snowball like they did for you.

Your writing was well done!

It sounds as though you recouped some positives out of the day even if it wasn't over everything that collapsed for you.
That's what I found in your story that made me feel good... the little positives you discovered as the day/night went on.

I do hope tomorrow continues the best of what happened today for you.

=========
I know have a new diagnosis: Attention Difference Display / Happy Dance (ADD/HD)... I think it fits!
=========

Sometimes I worry that if I don't slow down... I'll run my batteries down and won't be able to recharge myself... powered down permanently at such a young age!
Old 12-20-09, 05:52 AM
Zen moderator

Thanked 26,216 Times in 12,816 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for your replies everyone!
the party was great; I think the thursday went ok, I can't remember. there are still these transportation strikes. and it's snowing! and my kitchen is a disaster and I want to bake cookies later!

what was interesting, is after writing all that not too long before I went to bed - I got it out of my mind and had an ok night' sleep! hmmm...

i knew someone would understand the "crumbling" feeling. I hate that so much and it's so hard to describe...
Old 12-20-09, 02:12 PM
ADDvanced Member

tessmesser is just really nicetessmesser is just really nicetessmesser is just really nicetessmesser is just really nice

This kind of day is kind of what my life is constantly. All these millions of things going on in my head, in my life. It does make me kind of anxious but somehow it kind of makes me giggle too. I giggle because on the majority of days I am actually amazed that somehow I 'pulled it off' and nobody knew just how jumbled my brain was on the way to success...

Tess http://primarilyinattentiveadd.blogspot.com
Old 12-30-09, 04:54 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

rickymooston is just really nicerickymooston is just really nicerickymooston is just really nicerickymooston is just really nice
Wink Re: worst case scenario (venting about a long day...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stef View Post
... [filters out miserable day from hell]
tried on the ugly blouse while making dinner and actually it looks GREAT with a black skirt so now I'm actually excited for this party ..
Wow. I had a miserable day too. I didn't see this "ugly" outfit, or try this dinner, let alone go to this party.

hehehe. Sorry.

Sorry. Miserable days happen. That's why the chinese invented tofufa, the french invented creme brulee and the italians invented capicino/