ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > SCIENTIFIC DISCUSSIONS, RESEARCH, NEWS AND EVENTS > Scientific, Philosophical & Theoretical Discussions > Science in the Media
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Science in the Media This forum is for articles and stories of scientific importance; open discussion is encouraged

Old 04-30-10, 06:47 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 10,435 Times in 3,291 Posts
Dizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond repute
Signs of hope?

Here is an article discussing a medical treatment for fragile X syndrome based on genetics.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/30/he...agile.html?hpw

My hope that it might be a pointer for treatment of autism and also in the fullness of time, ADHD.

Nothing definitive but does give hope.

For what it is worth.

Dizfriz
Old 04-30-10, 02:10 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Location: Floating around on a melting iceberg, north North America Canada
mildadhd has a reputation beyond reputemildadhd has a reputation beyond reputemildadhd has a reputation beyond reputemildadhd has a reputation beyond reputemildadhd has a reputation beyond reputemildadhd has a reputation beyond reputemildadhd has a reputation beyond reputemildadhd has a reputation beyond reputemildadhd has a reputation beyond reputemildadhd has a reputation beyond reputemildadhd has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Signs of hope?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizfriz View Post
Here is an article discussing a medical treatment for fragile X syndrome based on genetics.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/30/he...agile.html?hpw

My hope that it might be a pointer for treatment of autism and also in the fullness of time, ADHD.

Nothing definitive but does give hope.

For what it is worth.

Dizfriz
Dizfriz
Thanks!
Could I ask your opinion or a good place to research.
What is the differences/similarities between Autism and AD(H)D.
Even more Bi Polar I and II and AD(H)D.
Tourettes and AD(H)D.
Depression and AD(H)D
Parkinsons and AD(H)D
PTSD and AD(H)D
Your OP made me wonder!
I will look the questions on the internet.

Always appreciate your opinion and encouragement.

Side note about research, the topic of addiction.
It was interesting to find out that when a goverment taxes addictive substances,
Some of the tax dollars goes back into research on the substance taxed.
Without taxing the substance, less research is known.

FH
"In the history of the human race, those periods which later appeared as great have been the periods when the men and the women belonging to them had transcended the differences that divided them and had recognized in their membership in the human race a common bond" -Haile Selassie I