ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Medications for Co-Existing Conditions > Anti-Psychotics
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-17, 07:20 PM

emily weston is on a distinguished road
Re: Do antipsychotics interfere with Adderall?

i am interested in taking both and i didnt hv a prescriptio ofor adderall but used it with the abiify 7 mg on an ocassional basis. i was first diagnosed adhd in my teens then psychosis latr but it was on the heels of utilizing multiple street drugs and a great depression where in i was multiple substance searching to balance myself out and going in and out of er until i finally was given help. i got sober with one relapse on opium becuase they wouldnt give me pain killers after my accident. anyways i think i like the combo but my psychiatrist says abilify adderall cancel one another out so is useless. i geuss its like lowering the bilify dose but lik the other person on th post said i dont think so becuase i went off abilify becuase my doc thought i had tardive dyskonesia beginning symptoms and i never felt psychotic i think the abilify actually caused alot of strange psychosis becuase it puts you in lik a dream set like a quasi subconcious with more access to to underlying dreams and thoughts and emotions tht surface and even get twisted and felt it caused hallucinations and strage ideas.

before i went off it though i did a tst with the adderall and felt better but couldnt gt scritp so i asked for welbiutrin becuase it has some dopa,ine and dopamine is the problem with tardive the receptor gets screwed up for depletion i think anyway in time though another antidepressant was brought on board and theni felt like spinning and heart racing tht was the wellbutrin and cymbalta anywy i knoe this i getting of topic see you can see i have adhd hahah anyways im on adderal now and was started on the antipsychotic zyprex suntil i get to see my neurologist to sort it all out. i think tardive dyskonesia does treat with dopamine but with an accompanying sotening gen. anyways so bottom line i think i sorta like the abilify with adderall it prevented the nerve pain and exhaustiona n xsaperation feeling of the adderall i get sometime. i men i m a deep thinker with alot of t ideas and when the adderall brings me into focus i have enormous brain power if i get stuck like i have on my pain it worsens it due to the attention on it like a cycle so i decided to distract my mind and maybe soften it with the antipsychoti but still get the energizing aspect of the adderall becuase i have fatique from fibromyalgia.

thats my story and im sticking with it thanks for the topic idea and taking the time to read through this i love sharing my wisdom oh by the way that psych went to harvardbut knew nothing about spirituality and told me the messages from say a gaurdian angel good ones was chemical misforings i think its not its a form on collective conciousness and intuition. i have ahad no psychosis since going off abilify but the zyprexa was added for pain apparantly it could help nerve pain well see and anxiety which i do have. emi.y

Last edited by midnightstar; 06-10-17 at 02:25 PM.. Reason: paragraph breaks for easier reading, no other edits
Old 07-16-17, 03:57 PM

Never ends will become famous soon enough

Just saw this, I'm on 10 mg of abilify, (I'm wound tight) guess doc thought it'd help, but my adderall doesn't do anything but make me want to sleep and sit on my rear and stare at the wall. So I'm gonna say yes they have an effect on them.
Old 08-25-17, 02:01 PM
Jr Member

Jillybean is on a distinguished road

I started abilify and zoloft right at a month ago for depression. I also take 50 mg of vyvanse daily. They abilify did help the ssri work quicker, my depression started lifting in just a week. HOWEVER, after about two weeks on it (and it took me about a week to figure it out) my vyvanse quit working. Somedays I feel as if I took a small dose and other I feel nothing at all. I actually took my vyvanse and went back to bed one day for three hours. That would not usually happen. So I am thinking I will just end up feeling depressed again because my ADHD is not under control.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-17, 02:44 PM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 31,982 Times in 14,787 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by emily weston View Post
i am interested in taking both and i didnt hv a prescriptio ofor adderall but used it with the abiify 7 mg on an ocassional basis. i was first diagnosed adhd in my teens then psychosis latr but it was on the heels of utilizing multiple street drugs and a great depression where in i was multiple substance searching to balance myself out and going in and out of er until i finally was given help. i got sober with one relapse on opium becuase they wouldnt give me pain killers after my accident. anyways i think i like the combo but my psychiatrist says abilify adderall cancel one another out so is useless. i geuss its like lowering the bilify dose but lik the other person on th post said i dont think so becuase i went off abilify becuase my doc thought i had tardive dyskonesia beginning symptoms and i never felt psychotic i think the abilify actually caused alot of strange psychosis becuase it puts you in lik a dream set like a quasi subconcious with more access to to underlying dreams and thoughts and emotions tht surface and even get twisted and felt it caused hallucinations and strage ideas.

before i went off it though i did a tst with the adderall and felt better but couldnt gt scritp
I am trying to be sensitive to your plight but all this adderall experimentation was done without a prescription right?

Quote:
so i asked for welbiutrin becuase it has some dopa,ine and dopamine is the problem with tardive the receptor gets screwed up for depletion i think anyway in time though another antidepressant was brought on board and theni felt like spinning and heart racing tht was the wellbutrin and cymbalta
How come you, the patient are doing all the figuring out of what meds to try and how they work? Hasnt the doctor had any suggestions?

Quote:
anywy i knoe this i getting of topic see you can see i have adhd hahah anyways im on adderal now and was started on the antipsychotic zyprex suntil i get to see my neurologist to sort it all out.
wait, you have the dyskinesia yet your neuro isnt supervising these med trials??

Quote:
i think tardive dyskonesia does treat with dopamine but with an accompanying sotening gen. anyways so bottom line i think i sorta like the abilify with adderall it prevented the nerve pain and exhaustiona n xsaperation feeling of the adderall i get sometime.
As far as I know the dyskinesia is caused very often by antipsychotics. I have a touch of it and I was under the impression that in relationship to mental health its association has to do with the meds taken for mental illness.

Quote:
i men i m a deep thinker with alot of t ideas and when the adderall brings me into focus i have enormous brain power if i get stuck like i have on my pain it worsens it due to the attention on it like a cycle so i decided to distract my mind and maybe soften it with the antipsychoti but still get the energizing aspect of the adderall becuase i have fatique from fibromyalgia.
Is the pain soley related to your fibro?

I carried a watermelon?
Old 08-25-17, 02:50 PM

Thanked 33,870 Times in 15,319 Posts
peripatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond repute

If you are experiencing movement problems/extrapyramidal symptoms from your AAP, you should be talking to someone right away. Don't discontinue until gold to because I don't know what you're taking zyprexa for, but is that what's giving you what you think is TD? Are you tongue rolling or lip smacking or...?

TD is serious as **** and you need to stop playing with adderall and talk to your prescribing physician ASAP. There meds to counter side effects, like artane cogentin propranolol... none of those is adderall like.