ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Medications for Co-Existing Conditions > Anti-Psychotics
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-18, 01:45 PM
Contributor

LyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to behold
Going old school with Risperdal

So I was on Latuda which was amazing but I changed insurance this year and missed the 3k deductible and it's 1k a month for me. So my psych prescribed Geodon which does NOT fit with my lifestyle and didn't seem to be working.

So this time she offered to try risperdal. I said sure as I had read someone that Latuda was the new and improved risperdal's big brother.

However, last time I took Risperdal years ago I was bed bound for 24 hours after taking it. I felt horribly hungover and couldn't sleep or get up without falling. I just lazed there and phased in an out of conscious states. It was horrible.

But that was years ago.

And she knows me well and said there is absolutely no reason to start me out on the recommended dosage so we are going for a 4mg start.

Anyone have nice Risperdal stories for me to convince me I'm not going to die?
The Following User Says Thank You to LyrinMeow For This Useful Post:
peripatetic (05-09-18)
Old 05-09-18, 01:53 PM

Thanked 34,110 Times in 15,441 Posts
peripatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Going old school with Risperdal

i've taken risperdal pills and depot and had it work well for me. ages ago i took the pills and was somewhere around 8 ish MG. then i discontinued and for it to be effective i had to take up to 12 MG. that's when i started having side effects. i more recently tried to switch off and go to risperdal depot but it wasn't addressing something pressing so i went back to clozaril.

anyway, i was side effect free on risperdal for quite a while.no weight gain, no EPS, pretty decently controlled symptoms, so it was great.

i wish you well on it. x
The Following User Says Thank You to peripatetic For This Useful Post:
LyrinMeow (05-09-18)
Old 05-09-18, 03:48 PM
Contributor

LyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to behold

I was wrong. I'm on 8mg a day. That's a theraputic dosage used for schizophrenia. Does my doctor know something I don't?

Oh well. First one down the hatch. We'll see how this goes.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-18, 12:01 PM
ADDvanced Member

kimical has a spectacular aura aboutkimical has a spectacular aura about

I hear risperdol is similar to invega so you need to look out for increased prolactin.

Rx: wellbutrin sr, abilify, klonopin,
The Following User Says Thank You to kimical For This Useful Post:
peripatetic (07-21-18)
Old 07-21-18, 04:05 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 26,088 Times in 12,175 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyrinMeow View Post
I was wrong. I'm on 8mg a day. That's a theraputic dosage used for schizophrenia. Does my doctor know something I don't?

Oh well. First one down the hatch. We'll see how this goes.
Did the doctor mean for you to cut the pill in half so you got a 4mg dose?

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me