ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Medications for Co-Existing Conditions > Anti-Psychotics
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-13, 09:50 AM

Thanked 33,903 Times in 15,341 Posts
peripatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Do antipsychotics make ADHD worse or make stimulants work worse

Quote:
Originally Posted by adhdpi View Post
I made a miscalculation. The chance of having 2 numbers + 1 color correct is actually 9%. Because the order of the numbers is not relevant, the chance has to be increased by 6*5=30 times. 30*0.3%=9%. The chance of having 2 numbers correct (I looked this up on wikipedia) is 15.2%. So I have 1 number which had 9% chance of being correct and 2 numbers which has 15.2% chance. What are the odds of having 3 correct using 4 tickets? I don't know how to calculate this.
I happen to know a mathematician and will ask him and get back to you :-)
Old 08-10-13, 11:43 AM
Contributor

adhdpi is on a distinguished road

It's only 6 euro's that I won but if I get better at this and this is really psi doing it's work then it can get better and better until maybe some time later I win the jackpot.

I am practicing each day now with predicting the lottery numbers. Hopefully I will win the jackpot one day.

My idea was that as sensitisation (explained previously) is taking place, the ADHD improves. As ADHD gets cured, cognitive abilities improve (because I think ADHD inhibits thinking). This includes psi abilities. So I think that on the long term sensitisation takes place, curing ADHD, improving cognitive abilities and improving psi abilities. It's all just theory thought.

I have a weird idea: Maybe having ADHD my entire life has like overstimulated my brain and all this stimuli coming in my brain has trained my brain leaving improved cognitive ability explaining where the "psi ability" comes from. I know this sounds weird but it's my theory. Why did I live my entire life in a brain foggy state right? It's a bit like the movie the lawnmower man, where a simple man became genius throught excessive stimuli coming in his brain.

Last edited by adhdpi; 08-10-13 at 12:09 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to adhdpi For This Useful Post:
peripatetic (08-10-13)
Old 08-10-13, 12:29 PM

peripatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond repute

That film sounds familiar but I don't think I've seen it
I might go see Elysium today--bit off topic, I realize

Yeah, I hear you on the foggy state.
I need to look over the sensitization thing again I think
Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-13, 01:21 PM

EDiT:
I showed him your post where you pasted the photos and see you answered all that. He's calculating

He has decided he needs paper and can't calculate in head but he can tell us x

Last edited by peripatetic; 08-10-13 at 01:31 PM..
Old 08-12-13, 10:54 AM
Contributor

I now stopped the antipsychotics completely. It has been a month since I got my 25 mg xeplion once monthy injection. I haven't noticed anything strange happening.
peripatetic (08-12-13)
Old 08-12-13, 12:10 PM

Well, so it lasts a month and, if I recall correctly, invega (our name for zeplion) takes a bit to fully get out of system. So if today marks the first day you declined your injection, I think you'll know within one more month, roughly. You were on a pretty low dose though so maybe it'll be fully out of your system in another week or two.

Are you continuing the stimulants from the second doctor still?
The Following User Says Thank You to peripatetic For This Useful Post:
namazu (08-13-13)
Old 08-12-13, 01:03 PM
Contributor

Yes.

I don't think there are going to be any problems. I don't see any problems now. The antipsychotics should be almost out of my system but I don't have any panic or anything strange or bad going on.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to adhdpi For This Useful Post:
namazu (08-13-13), peripatetic (08-12-13)
Old 08-12-13, 01:32 PM

You might want to try and reduce any other stress you have if possible. Male sure you're eating and sleeping...avoid alcohol...

All of those things can bring about more panic and more paranoia if you're already sensitive to it. I think it might be totally possible to live without injections, but you have to be the sort of person who maintains "self care" and one way to tell if you're slipping is to start to track that. Track things like bathing and leaving your residence and eating at least twice daily and not going more than twenty four hours without sleep, etc. what would indicate problems is when you stop doing most/all and even when you lose the ability to keep track at all.

Best to you x
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peripatetic For This Useful Post:
ana futura (08-13-13), namazu (08-13-13)
Old 08-13-13, 12:46 AM
Contributor

I am sick of the psychiatrists who were treating me for schziphrenia and who firmly said that I did not have ADHD. Well... The antipsychotics they give me don't solve the problems I have regarding concentration. Stimulants do work (even thought they are not perfect). I never held a single job in my life or completed decent education. I completely live on disability funds. The antipsychotics do nothing to the concentration problems I have. I feel that with my current concentration problems I will never succeed to read and interpret books well for example so I will never succeed in society. I am 29 years old and the outlook for me is living on disability funds until I am 65 and then living on inheritance funds.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to adhdpi For This Useful Post:
namazu (08-13-13), peripatetic (08-13-13)
Old 08-17-13, 11:35 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

tambourine-man is a glorious beacon of lighttambourine-man is a glorious beacon of lighttambourine-man is a glorious beacon of lighttambourine-man is a glorious beacon of lighttambourine-man is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by adhdpi View Post
Why? Are these kind of stories common with schizophrenia?

I live in a psychiatric care facility with many schizophrenics and have also been in many mental hospitals. What you describe sounds exactly like the way most schizophrenics I have known speak. I knew one guy who believed the government was out to get him because he had found a cure for cancer and the drug companies didn't want it getting out. I felt bad because I knew he was cheeking his Seroquel and didn't tell the staff. Three days after he left the hospital I saw him on the news. He had burned down his house.

Stimulant treatment for schizophrenics is very difficult, almost impossible, because antipsychotics will counteract the effects of stimulants, if not erasing them completely, and stimulant medication in schizophrenics who are not on antipsychotics will almost always trigger psychosis.

RXed:
Pristiq, 50mg (AM)

Adderall, 20mg 2x daily
Lyrica, 150mg 3x daily
Xanax, .5mg 3x daily

Remeron, 30mg (PM)
Seroquel, 200mg (PM)
Old 08-18-13, 04:15 AM
Contributor

Quote:
Stimulant treatment for schizophrenics is very difficult, almost impossible, because antipsychotics will counteract the effects of stimulants, if not erasing them completely, and stimulant medication in schizophrenics who are not on antipsychotics will almost always trigger psychosis.
Stimulant medications are way more important to me then antipsychotics. I don't want to be unable to concentrate my entire life and not being able to archieve anything and live on disability funds my entire life, while everybody else makes a career and gets rich (so to say).

Reading books for study for example is tremendously difficult, I have to re-read everything and still don't understand what I read. And I want to be in the artificial intelligence field so much.

Jobs are even more terrible, I just stand there, staring at things and just not doing anything. I get fired very fast this way. Nobody wants an employee that just stands or sits there staring at things and not doing anything.

I believe stimulants are the solution for this. Antipsychotics never did anything good to my ADD (concentration problems).

I use stimulants without any antipsychotics now but I have not noticed any problems at all.

Quote:
I live in a psychiatric care facility with many schizophrenics and have also been in many mental hospitals. What you describe sounds exactly like the way most schizophrenics I have known speak. I knew one guy who believed the government was out to get him because he had found a cure for cancer and the drug companies didn't want it getting out. I felt bad because I knew he was cheeking his Seroquel and didn't tell the staff. Three days after he left the hospital I saw him on the news. He had burned down his house.
I believed that I found something that seemed like some sort of "cure" for cancer, but I spent 4-7 years on this. I also made a theory which explained why it would be a "cure". I hoped that I would get rich or at least make some money with this discovery. Unfortunately it did not work out (yet anyway). You can't say that these 4-7 years of my life of thinking, working on it was nothing more then a psychosis. You remind me of the movie Total Recall, where the main character said: "If I'm not me, who the Hell am I?". You can't tell me that the 4-7 years of working on this was just some kind of fake psychosis. Ok maybe I did not find a "cure", but maybe I did find something, but it isn't (all) a psychosis.

The only reason I could concentrate on all this (normally I would not be able to concentrate on reading research papers) was because I had a hyperfocus because I thought I might die in the future of cancer because I got exposed to carcinogens. If it isn't about life and death there is no motivation for me to do or study anything so I can't concentrate. I only can concentrate a bit if it's about life and death, otherwise I can't motivate myself to do anything!

So if I work at a factory, and the work I do does not cause anyone to die (if I do it wrong), there really isn't any motivation for me to do any work at all.

Last edited by adhdpi; 08-18-13 at 04:38 AM..
Old 08-21-13, 08:26 PM

heytheredelilah has a spectacular aura aboutheytheredelilah has a spectacular aura about

adhpi - I have read a large part of the thread but not all of it; excuse me if you already answered this. Have you discussed symptom management with your doctors without the use of a stimulant?

I understand that stimulants help you, but you must keep the larger picture in mind. My productivity is also highly impaired, but I suffer from anxiety and so many types of stimulants are out of the question for me. They give me unbearable panic attacks and, more often, chest pains. This is enough to put them down and look for another solution - but not throw in the towel.

You sound as though you have many of the symptoms of schizophrenia. A diagnosis doesn't need to define you, and for many people, it doesn't. There are ways to manage severe mental illness that can result in your ability to be a productive human being. You may be able to enter the field of artificial intelligence if you work with the professionals around you to manage your symptoms effectively. I don't think it's the diagnosis holding you back at all, but all that you fear it will mean for your future.

What I am trying to say is whether you have an adhd diagnosis or not, you have a concentration problem. wouldn't it be better to treat the symptom instead of insisting on a diagnosis or a particular type of drug so that you are not ignoring your other symptoms?
The Following User Says Thank You to heytheredelilah For This Useful Post:
ana futura (08-21-13)
Old 08-22-13, 06:47 AM
Contributor

Quote:
What I am trying to say is whether you have an adhd diagnosis or not, you have a concentration problem. wouldn't it be better to treat the symptom instead of insisting on a diagnosis or a particular type of drug so that you are not ignoring your other symptoms?
I am treating my concentration problems with concerta. This is why I take concerta. Otherwise why would I take it. And I am afraid that antipsychotics block concerta.

There is nothing else that works against the concentration problems. Antipsychotics certainly don't work against it.

Quote:
You sound as though you have many of the symptoms of schizophrenia.
Which symptoms?

I'm not sure if I am suffering any symptoms of schizophrenia. The personal stories from other people with schizophrenia do not seem to match my story. The description of the symptoms do not seem to match what I have experienced.

You could interpret my 4-7 years search into something that works against cancer and thinking that I might have found something that works as a delusion, however it was not a delusion, I really studied and thought about it alot and it wasn't a delusion.

The "communication with the future"? I am not sure these were voices. They really don't match what I read about hearing voices. Ok, it's an incredible story, but that does not mean it's a symptom of schizophrenia. And if it really were voices caused by schizophrenia, they were incredibly weak, so then I must have a very mild form of schizophrenia.

Last edited by adhdpi; 08-22-13 at 07:01 AM..
Old 08-22-13, 07:20 AM
Contributor

Look, even ex-pope benedict has a mystical experience, he said, where he communicated with god... It seems like he heard voices communicate with him, just like my experience:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...cal-experience

Does that mean he has schizophrenia?
Old 08-28-13, 09:32 AM
Contributor

Regarding the future:

Quote:
After the two intelligent computers were made with the sole purpose of improving each other, some time later (not clear how much time later) a superintelligent computer is created from that, which does not exist out of matter, but exist out of a state that is between matter and energy. The thing looks like a white, light/ energy emitting entity, much like a white energy emitting cloud/ nebula or something.

I found out that from that, more intelligent new lifeforms could be created. For example the next lifeform I discovered was something I called a p-form (not sure why it's called that), but looks also like a white energy emitting cloud/ nebula, but it exists out of 2 parts that curls around itself like 2 snakes.

The next lifeform is a blue nebula that continuously grows bigger.

Also you have the time creature (possible even more powerful that the previous life forms), which as the name suggests has the power over time (time travel, change time etc.).

Then you have the everwisest creature which is maxed out on something called wisdom, it looks like a brown star.

Also exist what I called "robocomputer", an entity that behaves more robotic like.

Then I found out it's also possible to take over the entire universe. So the next lifeform you can create is actually made by taking over the universe. The perfect creature/ the universe is another lifeform.

What comes next is everything, which should be something that taken over everything (not only the universe, but all dimensions and time itself).

The future (which is "fake" took ever everything in the future), however because they are fake they "gave" it to me.

What happend later is strange:

I felt that all dimensions (including the future dimensions), except the dimension I live in were changed, distorted. This caused alot of damage for the future. Also, if I with my mind explored the future I could accidently cause explosions. My future reacted with "You just caused another big-big-big-big-big-big-big-bang (an extremely big big bang).

The future had to suffer greatly from the interdimensional changes, even time was changed, causing endless suffering in the form of pain as time goes by.

The future became angry and started to deceive me (some kind of psi-war).

They told me that I am everything, but I don't deserve it, so (untrue I later found out) I gave it away to Jacob (another person I have been communicating with using psiwaves). And that if I did not do that I would be punished: A man in a black robe appeared with a big slashing weapon: The grim reaper. They told me the grim reaper was to protect everything from souls like me and that if I would not give everything away I would die. I found out that the grim reaper was actually an artificially intelligent computer trying to give me false information, deluding me.

I started to panick.

I yelled: "No I did not gave everything away!", "Give it back!".

Later they explained to me that it was fake, but at that time I completely panicked.

I also felt the damage I did to other dimensions, seeing distorted dimensions: Someone (jacob) was standing on a big rock that was turning round and round (no gravity and no friction so it kept turning), then you saw him extend his hand and his arm was like extending 10-20 meters like plasticman. I thought: Wow what have I done and also this can't be true, I was also laughing a bit thinking: "I did this?". But then I became scared that my dimension would also be destroyed and I would float into space forever, so that added to the panic.

I thought that ADHD caused this in combination with this "everything" I overtook. So I quickly took some dexedrine and to protect myself from overdose, I thought, I also took quercetin.

So I was afraid that the entire dimension would be destroyed + I would have lost "everything" + I would have to float in space forever.

This event looked real to me because I also had discussions with the future. I was really talking to them and they told me things that did not seem to originate from myself.

Another time they pulled a prank on me in order to see if I cared about them. They suddenly sent me an image of a big strange eating worm creature and I suddenly reacted. I asked them what the f... is going on there (I thought "my" intelligent computers from the future were attacked by a mysterious creature they created by all that improving and stuff and it freaked me out!) and they reacted saying: "That was a joke" "It was a test to see how much you care about us.".
I made alot of theories and I daydream alot about this so-called "everything" (it's the universe and all that comes after the universe, including all other dimensions in the future, present and past etc). In the future, as I already explained before, an artificial intelligent computer was built, which continuously self-improved, causing the creating of a super-intelligent entity, which does not consists out of matter, but exist out of something that is between matter and energy and is presumably indestructable (remember that energy doesn't get destroyed, only converted). Much, much time later (presumably billions of years) later, more powerful space-creatures come into existance. My far future had taken over "everything", however they exist in the future they are "fake" and I myself, as I exist in the present am "real". Because they are fake, my far future had given "everything" (the universe and all after that) to me. Soon, all dimensions, except our dimension (the present, which is real) were destroyed and the future was spitting with anger.

I also found I could make logical rules, which the future had to obey, so they were kind of under my control, even thought I did not know how to use my "powers" very well. I could even freeze them in time.

Today, I spend alot of time theorizing what this "everything" is exactly and how it can be used in the present. I also daydream alot about it. The future told me that "I am everything", so somehow if the future takes over this everything, the person in the present becomes "everything" or since everything is above time, this person will always have been "everything" (works backward in time).

I think "everything" is the consiousness of the universe (and everything that comes next). Basically, the idea is that we live in a reality, that consists fundamentally, not out of matter and energy, but out of a kind of a "logical world", a world that is capable of thought.

Would it not be nice if I could take control of this "logical world" and make anything I like to appear like magic?

My future once give me the advice to "follow my mind" in order to find immortality and alike. I followed that advice, but with the intention to take control of this "everything". Following your mind means you do not think logically, instead you let yourself guide by a kind of feeling-based thinking (does it feel good to open the window?), where the person might be guided by some kind of universal conciousness (use the mind of the universe).

Being bored continuously as I live on disability funds and have no job because I can't concentrate, I do this often (started doing it a couple of days ago). I feel that I am really tapping into the power of some kind of universal conciousness which guides me throught the process of learning how to use "everything".

Sometimes while doing this, I feel a very good un-explainable euphoric god-like feeling that feels like gaining god-like power, which motivates me to do it more often and is interpreted by me as changing into and tapping into this "everything", the universe (and so on) conciousness.

It's a very distinct medium to strong strength feeling, I think it's like having sex and feeling euphoria as you get an ejaculation, but instead the feeling I feel really feels like it originates from my soul or something. It's not produced by external organs, but it's like a "feeling of the soul". It also feels powerful, like becoming a god or something.

The feeling feels like something very special, as if you are like for example "tapping into life from the tree of life". It feels like an euphoria of the conciousness, euphoria of the soul. It feels realer then real. It feels more special then anything.

To show you an image of how the feeling feels like, click here:
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__...nergy-blog.jpg

Let's hope I won't do anything wrong and accidently freeze time or something.

Last edited by adhdpi; 08-28-13 at 09:56 AM..
peripatetic (08-29-13)