ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Meditation and Spirituality
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-16, 05:40 PM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 22,869 Times in 13,521 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Affirmation and Quotes

"How noble and good everyone could be if, at the end of each day, they were to review their own behaviour and weigh up the rights and wrongs. They would automatically try to do better at the start of each new day and after a while would certaintly accomplish a great deal" Anne Frank
Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
aeon (09-10-16), Little Missy (09-10-16), Unmanagable (09-10-16)
Old 09-10-16, 10:09 PM
Societal Malarkey Sorter

Thanked 17,792 Times in 8,903 Posts
Unmanagable has disabled reputation

"To get over the past, you first have to accept that the past is over. No matter how many times you revisit it, analyze it, regret it, or sweat it.....it's over. It can hurt you no more." ~Mandy Hale

"You torment yourself wondering how they could not love your burning heart. And the answer darling, you are not the star you thought you were. You are the f******g universe and not everybody is an astronaut." ~Unknown
The Following User Says Thank You to Unmanagable For This Useful Post:
aeon (09-10-16)
Old 09-10-16, 10:27 PM
Societal Malarkey Sorter

"Whenever we manage to love without expectations, calculations, negotiations, we are indeed in heaven." ~Rumi

"You torment yourself wondering how they could not love your burning heart. And the answer darling, you are not the star you thought you were. You are the f******g universe and not everybody is an astronaut." ~Unknown
aeon (09-10-16)
Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-16, 11:20 PM
Societal Malarkey Sorter

“Consciousness, unprovable by scientific standards, is forever, then, the impossible phantom in the predictable biologic machine, and your every thought a genuine supernatural event. Your every thought is a ghost, dancing.” ~Alan Moore

aeon (09-10-16)
Old 09-11-16, 09:13 AM
Societal Malarkey Sorter

"Love sometimes wants to do us a great favor: hold us upside down and shake all the nonsense out." ~Hafiz

Old 09-11-16, 09:24 AM
Societal Malarkey Sorter

"My procrastination which has held me back was born of fear....now I know to conquer fear I must always act without hesitation and the flutters in my heart will vanish. Now I know that action reduces the lion of terror.....I will walk where the failure fears to walk." ~Og Mandino

Old 09-12-16, 12:28 PM
Societal Malarkey Sorter

"As long as man continues to be the ruthless destroyer of lower living beings, he will never know health or peace. For as long as men massacre animals, they will kill each other. Indeed, he who sows the seed of murder and pain cannot reap joy and love." ~Pythagoras

Old 09-12-16, 08:59 PM
Societal Malarkey Sorter

"Our unhappy addicted ego driven condition has become not simply the source of our own unhappiness, that was bad enough, but now its the source of great discomfort and dislocation for all life and human society on the planet.

We are out of control. We are basically severely addicted to things, and cant not stop ourselves. And we know, or we should know, that there is not enough petroleum or heavy metals in the planet to give all the thing addicts all the things that we know they must have in order to be happy." ~Terence McKenna

aeon (09-12-16)
Old 09-12-16, 09:22 PM
Societal Malarkey Sorter

"It is insanely satisfying to not do what people expect of me." ~Christine Elaine

aeon (09-12-16)
Old 09-12-16, 10:05 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 14,557 Times in 6,500 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aeon For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (09-13-16), stef (09-13-16), Unmanagable (09-12-16)
Old 09-13-16, 07:03 PM
Societal Malarkey Sorter

"Essential lessons cannot be avoided. Callings don't go away.

When we turn away from our lessons, when we ignore our truth-aches, the universe jumps into action, orchestrating our return - a symphony of self-creation dedicated to our unique expansion.

This is the nature of karmic gravity - we are returned back to our path until we fully walk it. Return to sender, address now known." ~Jeff Brown

Old 09-14-16, 07:57 AM
Societal Malarkey Sorter

"The notion of a cure [for depression] starts with the question, "What has gone wrong?"

But there is another, radically different way of seeing fatigue and depression that starts by asking, "What is the body, in its perfect wisdom, responding to?"

When would it be the wisest choice for someone to be unable to summon the energy to fully participate in life?

The answer is staring us in the face. When our soul-body is saying No to life, through fatigue or depression, the first thing to ask is, "Is life as I am living it the right life for me right now?"

When the soul-body is saying No to participation in the world, the first thing to ask is, "Does the world as it is presented me merit my full participation?"

What if there is something so fundamentally wrong with the world, the lives, and the way of being offered us, that withdrawal is the only sane response?

Withdrawal, followed by a reentry into a world, a life, and a way of being wholly different from the one left behind?" ~Charles Eisenstein

aeon (09-14-16)
Old 09-14-16, 08:44 AM
Societal Malarkey Sorter

"This being human is a guest house. Every morning is a new arrival.

A joy, a depression, a meanness, some momentary awareness comes as an unexpected visitor.

Welcome and entertain them all. Treat each guest honorably.

The dark thought, the shame, the malice, meet them at the door laughing, and invite them in.

Be grateful for whoever comes, because each has been sent as a guide from beyond." ~Rumi

Old 09-14-16, 09:05 AM
Societal Malarkey Sorter

"I was in love with the result — the image of me on stage, people cheering, me rocking out, pouring my heart into what I’m playing — but I wasn’t in love with the process.

And because of that, I failed at it. Repeatedly. Hell, I didn’t even try hard enough to fail at it. I hardly tried at all.

The daily drudgery of practicing, the logistics of finding a group and rehearsing, the pain of finding gigs and actually getting people to show up and give a s***.

The broken strings, the blown tube amp, hauling 40 pounds of gear to and from rehearsals with no car. It’s a mountain of a dream and a mile-high climb to the top.

And what it took me a long time to discover is that I didn’t like to climb much. I just liked to imagine the top.

Our culture would tell me that I’ve somehow failed myself, that I’m a quitter or a loser.

Self-help would say that I either wasn’t courageous enough, determined enough or I didn’t believe in myself enough.

The entrepreneurial/start-up crowd would tell me that I chickened out on my dream and gave in to my conventional social conditioning.

I’d be told to do affirmations or join a mastermind group or manifest or something. But the truth is far less interesting than that: I thought I wanted something, but it turns out I didn’t. End of story." ~Mark Manson

Old 09-15-16, 12:43 PM
Societal Malarkey Sorter

"If you feel trapped it is through your mind.
If you feel free it is through your mind.
Don’t give it to your mind to assess how good the day has been.
Just be present.

Be like space—it never gets old, it has no mood.
Be like a clear mirror—it has no opinions or preferences.
It doesn’t say, ‘I like to reflect flowers, but not beards.’
Whatever shows up, it reflects perfectly.

So don't give up. By following these simple guidances
your mind is going to become light, open and clear. Why?
Because it is natural for it to be like this.

Only bad education, bad culture, bad habits distort
your perception and recognition of the Real.
Just be very open and present

and accept that every day is your best day,
every moment is your moment.
Are you open for this?" ~Mooji