ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Relationships & Social Issues
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Relationships & Social Issues This forum is for adults with AD/HD to discuss how AD/HD affects personal relationships.

Old 04-13-19, 08:19 PM

Frenzygirl is on a distinguished road
Big question for you guys Isolation

Hi guys! My first post. My name is Marsha & I have adhd. Whew....now that that is out of the way... I wanted to ask if any of you suffer from isolation? Maybe from others not understanding you or growing up with no adhd support and your life has been so traumatic that others isolate you, look down on you & judge you? Thanks for your support & answers!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frenzygirl For This Useful Post:
Daniel1970 (04-19-19), namazu (04-18-19)
Old 04-14-19, 03:15 AM
Registered

Thanked 17,753 Times in 8,901 Posts
Abi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Big question for you guys Isolation

I suffer from SELF-isolation.

"I think David Archuleta's picture is starting to annoy me." - BellaVita

"A glass of water is healthier than a glass of vodka - but you don't substitute one for the other." - aeon

Follow ADDForums on Twitter & Facebook
The Following User Says Thank You to Abi For This Useful Post:
namazu (04-18-19)
Old 04-18-19, 11:37 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 32,991 Times in 15,295 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

I do not but when I was growing up I felt very different and isolated.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
namazu (04-18-19), Rebelyell (04-18-19)
Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-19, 12:16 PM
ADDvanced Member

Daniel1970 is a splendid one to beholdDaniel1970 is a splendid one to beholdDaniel1970 is a splendid one to beholdDaniel1970 is a splendid one to beholdDaniel1970 is a splendid one to beholdDaniel1970 is a splendid one to beholdDaniel1970 is a splendid one to behold

Yeah I was super-isolated when I was a kid but I don't think it bothered me too much in that I had a really rich fantasy life so I kept myself pretty entertained.

If you feel isolated now, I think it's important to reach out and be proactive about it - take the initiative. If you have a therapist or OT, ask them if there are any ADHD support groups in your area you can attend for starters. Also, identify what your interests are and see if there are any clubs that cater to that as well.

I know that in my late 20s/early 30s I got really into hiking, which is great for people with ADHD because communing with nature in that way is really good for you mentally and emotionally as well. Plus sometimes it's easier to chat with the other people when there is physical activity involved and not just sitting there staring at each other.

D.

Be yourself, and the rest will follow.

Breathing is not optional. - Dr. Raymond Wertheim

What do you care what other people think? - Arline Feynman, to her husband, American physicist Richard P. Feynman

D.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Daniel1970 For This Useful Post:
namazu (04-18-19), Rebelyell (04-18-19)