ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > SCIENTIFIC DISCUSSIONS, RESEARCH, NEWS AND EVENTS > Scientific, Philosophical & Theoretical Discussions > Open Science & Philosophical Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Open Science & Philosophical Discussion This forum is for open discussion, encouraging new and unconventional ways of thinking, welcoming posts in any format

Old 04-16-19, 12:43 AM
ADDvanced Member

Drogheda98 has a spectacular aura aboutDrogheda98 has a spectacular aura about
J. Lacans work is is a game changer.

the preface to the post is as follows (really tired and slightly robotic, heh, but feeling really good).

I might of had DID from an overdose a few years ago, don't know so I don't know if some of the information provided will be of use to each of you reading this over the interwebs. HOWEVER, in part, only working with Lacans model (which I think is actually the model my therapist gave me) have I been able to unlock a LOT of the unconscious and a wellspring of emotion.

so Lacans model is the mirror phase in infants, again, I don't know if the treatment is for people (generally speaking) with adhd or not, a result from over-controlling parents thus ridding myself of any narc traits or just a result of
the overdose (and in my mind it's water under the bridge).

that said, I've always been drawn to simplify things for a while, usually containers of all things, an introduction to symbolic representation is signifiar, sign, signified , but before I share that with each of you through the adhd board that reads this, I had a time with the notion of the thing in itself., what is it, what did it signify?

according to lacan (and an amazing lecture anyone can find online) the it, is the letter, and the letter is the thing in itself(something like that). for example (and ya, just like all psychology the explanations are rather cryptic) and I'll admit, after reading frued and jung for so long the following sounded just, strange to me.

an introduction to the symbolic order (not exactly the order in mind, like in order to do something etc...) is the following, what has the first letter T, full of T, and ends with T. IT's a teapot. for me, the image of a teapot comes to mind (the object, thing in itself and through it meaning gained) the signifiar the physical existence (sound, word, image place) and the mental concept (what it's made of, what it's used for etc...)

sounds easy but, ehh, with humility anyone becomes a beginner again, visualization was never a problem of mine but the catagories, I think I lost the notion somewere along the line, atleast for higher level categorization.

the song, "I'm a little teapot" I've had stuck in my head for a long time and what followed from the research I did was just, the well in which my emotional being sprang forth, I had some empeathy and love but, after the research and applying it(maybee the wrong phrase)

in the novel their is reference to cups apparently (can't find the quote) and the inference is the monte or someone else in the book is stricken by melancholia. what matters is what kante called the "magic word"

"MOM", I linked a memory when I was a young kid directly to the magic word., but with that I did the same signifiar signified sign triangle with my mom at the time, for me according to the research, the mastery of the complex. part of the signified was the M/OTHER distinction.

but what does this mean for any of you out their? part of lecan's work is that in by doing the process we gain access to atleast, a LARGE part of the subconcious through poetry. so, I tried it, I wrote a 5 page poem, basicly a diolouge between my family and myself but, you know, stylyzed.

litterly, I didn't have any control, it's as if the pen wrote all the words itself and I figured out why my therapist said "first to third person" to me, it's because the unconscious is in the third person in pro's that relates to the first person, the subject, the I, the me. for my parents in the pro's , (and I really had no control , it's like the unconscious was just writing itself out)

they need to know the importance of sleep, what did my parents not do, just that(the line isn't very poetic heh). the poem is basicly goes meter by meter like that, third to first person, my value structure. after writing the poem I learned so much about myself I didn't know. and while writing the poem, so many memories I had forgotten came back up to the surface, cause it wasn't my parents telling me this, it was me telling me this through the poem.... ya.

and after, I felt.... better. the supporting structures through the subconcious is supposed to provide, foundation for the ego (through categories and whatnot). just thought I'd share, cause... heh.
Old 04-18-19, 11:15 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 32,991 Times in 15,295 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: J. Lacans work is is a game changer.

Do you mean diassociative identity disorder? My understanding its something that develops more with symptoms that are hard to identify and treat-at least in the beginning. What I mean is if you have and were diagnosed with DID- do you think it could have been an underlying issue all along?
Did a doc confirm this diagnosis?

I carried a watermelon?
Old 04-19-19, 05:52 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 14,682 Times in 6,542 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogheda98 View Post
I've always been drawn to simplify things
Surely you jest.

Cheers,
Ian
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to aeon For This Useful Post:
Drogheda98 (04-23-19), Greyhound1 (04-23-19), Little Missy (04-19-19), sarahsweets (04-19-19)
Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-19, 01:15 PM
ADDvanced Member

Drogheda98 has a spectacular aura aboutDrogheda98 has a spectacular aura about

Surely you jest.

hah, well, I have for a while when my therapist convinced me it was the answer.
The Following User Says Thank You to Drogheda98 For This Useful Post:
aeon (04-23-19)