ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-10, 06:48 PM
Contributor

Princess Moon is a glorious beacon of lightPrincess Moon is a glorious beacon of lightPrincess Moon is a glorious beacon of lightPrincess Moon is a glorious beacon of lightPrincess Moon is a glorious beacon of light
Taking a long time to get things together

Does it take you a long time to unpack and pack things like bags? When youw ere younger in school, did you spend a long time getting everything out of your bag and by the time everything was unpacked everyone else had their notebooks out, neat and knew where they were, while you had to search through your bag for the right notebook, opening the messy notebook, finding the right page, having your messy papers fall everywhere and picking them up. Did anyone go through that experience when they were in school?
Old 10-09-10, 07:01 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

ThinkingOutLoud is a jewel in the roughThinkingOutLoud is a jewel in the roughThinkingOutLoud is a jewel in the rough
Re: Taking a long time to get things together

in high school I almost never brough a book or notebook to class (my grades were terrible but I couldnt stay focused so why try)

now in college, YES

this note book, that pad, which book, where is the book, pen, 2 pens, Id end up with such a pile of stuff on my desk I couldnt get to anything. things would slide off the growing pile and the professors would actually wait for me some days...

Id always bring every little thing in my backpack and nothing was easy to find.

did all this help my grades, no. but I couldnt dread the thought of fogetting something, so everything came.
Old 10-09-10, 07:06 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 11,315 Times in 6,030 Posts
Rebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Taking a long time to get things together

yes or got everything out and no pencil drew alot of stares from the teacher an some laughs from the students.kids are mean and it was very embarrassing to me especially when I compared to the student that had everything perfect,neat nice handwriting papers not all wrinkled up.No matter how hard I tried or parents got on me hand writing was like a doctors and every piece of paper or book ended up wrinkled or wrankled.It made me look like I had no pride in anything,to this day Theres days I walk into work out of bed and all disheveled looking and it makes me look like i dont care or have any pride and thats not even true I care more then most people and have my heart on my sleeve.I suppose Im the UNDERDOG
The Following User Says Thank You to Rebelyell For This Useful Post:
Dgandhi0706 (10-09-10)
Sponsored Links