ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > New Member Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-09, 08:14 AM
Jr Member

mynameisjoanna is on a distinguished road
Hola from Spain

Hi!

My name is Joanna and I'm an American living in Spain for the past couple of years. I found out recently that there is actually a reason for the way I am. I was diagnosed with ADHD about a month ago and, while things are gradually getting better, I have hope, which I haven't had a lot of in a long time. I have always believed that my anger, forgetfulness, lack of concentration, inability to achieve my potential, and so on, was the result of many character flaws. I had become completely apathetic towards life and had finally given in to my life as it was. I was convinced that this was my path in life.

But not anymore. After the doctor here told me that I may have ADHD I started researching and found this website. Holy Guacamole! I felt like I had been a foreigner in the human race and I had finally met other people just like me. I read for hours and hours and cried and cried just to know that I wasn't alone. What a relief!

I don't know why it took me having to move to a foreign country and speak a foreign language for me to find out that there is hope for me yet. I know that I could not afford to see a psychiatrist and a pyschologist and pay for meds back home. I am truly grateful that I am living in Spain and getting free health care.

I can't wait to share my progress with others and continue to read about others progress as well.
Old 01-29-09, 08:19 AM
Moderator of mind and heart

Thanked 21,266 Times in 8,598 Posts
sarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hola from Spain

Hi Joanna,

Welcome to the forums. Quite a revelation is it not? We have our own planet right here. It is all ADDiformed for us.
mynameisjoanna (01-29-09)
Old 01-29-09, 10:55 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 3,535 Times in 1,808 Posts
Lady Lark has a reputation beyond reputeLady Lark has a reputation beyond reputeLady Lark has a reputation beyond reputeLady Lark has a reputation beyond reputeLady Lark has a reputation beyond reputeLady Lark has a reputation beyond reputeLady Lark has a reputation beyond reputeLady Lark has a reputation beyond reputeLady Lark has a reputation beyond reputeLady Lark has a reputation beyond reputeLady Lark has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome.

I'm really glad that worked. Those would have been terrible last words.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lady Lark For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-09, 12:31 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

ndnbutterfly has a spectacular aura aboutndnbutterfly has a spectacular aura about

Hi Joanna! Welcome to the forums!

What's Spain like? I'd love to go there some day.

"Live like it's your last day on earth"
Hope does not disappoint!!
The Following User Says Thank You to ndnbutterfly For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-09, 04:21 PM
Jr Member

mynameisjoanna is on a distinguished road

Spain is better than I could have imagined. I had wanted to come here most of my life, but decided to wait until my thirties when it was very difficult. haha but it was worth everything to me. The food is great, the wine, the people. The way of life is much better, in my opinion. People work to live and not live to work like I did back in Texas.
Old 01-29-09, 04:30 PM
ADDvanced Member

irishdel will become famous soon enough

Hi
wecome, i had very similar epiphany myself........