ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 01-03-18, 01:08 PM

Exuberantfrost is on a distinguished road
Adderall IR vs. Adderall XR

How do people experience the difference in effects between these two?
I've only yet to try Adderall IR, and find it to be extremely helpful in term of treating my ADHD. Unfortunately it makes me quite exhausted and tired. I've wondered if Adderall XR might make me less tired.
Old 01-03-18, 02:37 PM
Contributor

Swissy is a glorious beacon of lightSwissy is a glorious beacon of lightSwissy is a glorious beacon of lightSwissy is a glorious beacon of lightSwissy is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Adderall IR vs. Adderall XR

People react to each differently. Some prefer XR while others prefer IR. My doctor and I agree that if one works, stick with it. But if you want to try XR, I would recommend asking your doctor’s opinion. If the doctor recommends giving it a shot perhaps ask for only one week’s worth so you don’t spend money on something that might not work well for you.
Old 01-04-18, 05:59 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 30,857 Times in 14,136 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

I was taking both- I should say I always took both. The IR was my end of day booster dose but I switched back to dex for that. I take both because the xr never lasts but the consistency it gives me while working is why I take it. The ir booster is for closer to the end of the day when an xr would last too long into the night and interfere with my sleep.

I carried a watermelon?
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-18, 02:00 PM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

Thanked 1,161 Times in 659 Posts
Little Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exuberantfrost View Post
How do people experience the difference in effects between these two?
I've only yet to try Adderall IR, and find it to be extremely helpful in term of treating my ADHD. Unfortunately it makes me quite exhausted and tired. I've wondered if Adderall XR might make me less tired.
The XR tries to mimic 2 IR doses take 4 hours apart. So a 30 mg XR dose at say 8AM mimics taking 15 mg IR Dose at 8AM and another 15mg dose at noon. In general I wouldn't expect much difference between 2 IR doses 4 hours apart and 1 comprable XR dose.

As to the exhausted/tired you need to provide more info. Dosing schedule and when you feel exhausted and how long the feeling(s) last. HTH, -LN