ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-18, 10:01 AM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 21,509 Times in 12,675 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The what's bothering you RIGHT NOW thread Part IV

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteOwl View Post
Kids are competing for title of whiniest and most annoying child, and who can make mom explode first. Wish a UFO would come by and beam me up. Or them!

*takes WhiteOwl on holiday and leaves my noisy girl cat Tigger to drive the kids mad with meows and pesters for attention* :grouphug*
Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (01-05-18), stef (01-03-18), WhiteOwl (01-03-18)
Old 01-03-18, 10:13 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 14,307 Times in 6,394 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

I slept in such a way that I compressed/pinched a nerve in my left shoulder.

As a result, my left hand has a a gradient of numbness, strongest at the thumb, spread across to the little finger, and including a portion of the palm.

As the feeling slowly returns, the sensation comes in bursts, where a nerve group will suddenly scream "AWAKE!"

Then it subsides and returns to the numb/direct current/burning/icy feeling.

Nonplussed,
Ian
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to aeon For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (01-03-18), Lunacie (01-03-18), psychopathetic (01-05-18), stef (01-03-18), WhiteOwl (01-03-18)
Old 01-03-18, 10:32 AM

Thanked 20,905 Times in 11,140 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by namazu View Post
"Ain't too proud to beg"?

Hie thee to the doctor!
So I goes and says: "Now, never you mind that gorilla on my back, Namazu sent me to you, and you will like it."

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
aeon (01-03-18), namazu (01-03-18)
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-18, 10:48 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

Thanked 1,222 Times in 518 Posts
WhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Missy View Post
Grab a flyswatter or a yardstick and wave it around authoritatively like my mum used to do. No hitting, just waving with gusto.
It takes a lot to make me mad, but one time when I thought the older kids were lying to me, I slammed a wooden spoon on the counter and it broke (they don't make em like they used to). It was such a nice touch of drama, but turns out they weren't even lying, lol.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WhiteOwl For This Useful Post:
aeon (01-03-18), Little Missy (01-03-18), stef (01-03-18)
Old 01-03-18, 11:33 AM

midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeon View Post
Rick Hall has died.

It's the end of an age.

But Muscle Shoals lives forever.

Respect Forever Burning,
Ian
Not sure who Rick Hall is

(((((aeon)))))

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
aeon (01-03-18), stef (01-03-18)
Old 01-03-18, 11:39 AM

aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightstar View Post
Not sure who Rick Hall is
Google It!

Cheers,
Ian
Old 01-03-18, 11:42 AM

Quote:
My phone cannot multi task so I''ve had to switch to my laptop now that I'm home.

Old 01-03-18, 12:17 PM

Thanked 25,069 Times in 11,645 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I slept in such a way that I compressed/pinched a nerve in my left shoulder.

As a result, my left hand has a a gradient of numbness, strongest at the thumb, spread across to the little finger, and including a portion of the palm.

As the feeling slowly returns, the sensation comes in bursts, where a nerve group will suddenly scream "AWAKE!"

Then it subsides and returns to the numb/direct current/burning/icy feeling.

Nonplussed,
Ian
My daughter and I are always commiserating with each other about waking up
with an arm so numb we wonder whose arm it is since we went to bed alone!

But I don't even have to have an arm or leg go to sleep to get random nerves
firing. Thankfully the pain is brief but it's very sharp and the only thing I can
focus on for a minute or two.

Fibromyalgia is not fun in the least.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-18, 01:41 PM

Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Couldn't figure out what was wrong with the internet/cable tv last night. Tried
resetting everything but still wouldn't work.

This morning it's better but still a bit wonky. The news reports a widespread
AT&T outage. Apparently that's what our insurance company uses because I
can't pay my bill either by phone or via internet.

At least we got through to the vet on the phone (Tello service) as our guinea
pig is rather sick. They can see him this afternoon. If it's anything serious he
is so old that it may be time to say good-bye.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (01-03-18), midnightstar (01-03-18), stef (01-03-18)
Old 01-03-18, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
Couldn't figure out what was wrong with the internet/cable tv last night. Tried
resetting everything but still wouldn't work.

This morning it's better but still a bit wonky. The news reports a widespread
AT&T outage. Apparently that's what our insurance company uses because I
can't pay my bill either by phone or via internet.

At least we got through to the vet on the phone (Tello service) as our guinea
pig is rather sick. They can see him this afternoon. If it's anything serious he
is so old that it may be time to say good-bye.

The Following User Says Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (01-03-18)
Old 01-03-18, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
Fibromyalgia is not fun in the least.
Maybe this is fibro.

Ugh,
Ian
The Following User Says Thank You to aeon For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (01-03-18)
Old 01-03-18, 04:34 PM

Thanked 20,905 Times in 11,140 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Maybe this is fibro.

Ugh,
Ian
How come it seems like I have it?

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
aeon (01-03-18), stef (01-04-18)
Old 01-03-18, 04:35 PM

I'm worried about Ebony tonight. She put her ears back and was wandering around yowling (Tigger was nowhere near her). I just gave her some of the painkiller liquid that the vet prescribed last time she got like this. That has helped but I do need to get her back into the vet so they can find out what is causing her to yowl and pace. I am now certain something is hurting her but exactly what I don't know.

I suspect arthritis (she also has trouble jumping up onto things and has to jump onto a chair first then onto her little perch that's actually a cardboard box with a bicycle in it that I have never opened and put together because Ebony likes sleeping up there)

Going to try and get her into the vet before I go away next week but I am not sure I'll be able to so have given the people who will be looking after her instructions to keep an eye on her and explained why.

For once, I wish I wasn't going down to Yorkshire next week so I could keep an eye on her myself but I can't cancel now.

I am so scared though in case this is the end for her and I don't get to say goodbye to her

I know I'm overreacting here but my first girl Beauty, arthritis was the beginning of the end (she went into a downhill spiral health-wise and nothing could save her)

The Following User Says Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (01-03-18)
Old 01-03-18, 06:57 PM

One of those times when you feel so much better by the time you get to the
doctor's officer that you feel silly being there ... Reeces the guinea pig was
sounding fine by the time we got to the vets.

She listened to his chest and tested his urine (easy peasy because he 'went'
right there on the exam table ) and gave us a liquid antibiotic to give twice
a day. So I guess he really is sick. Glad we went.

We haven't been able to find nice fresh green timothy grass for months and he
pretty much stopped eating the dry brown stuff we could buy. Damn drought.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-18, 08:08 PM

Thanked 29,107 Times in 13,447 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Am I being selfish for wanting to go back to work even though fuzzling's separation anxiety is so bad and she still hasn't fully settled into nursery? Apparently studies have shown that kids over the age of two clearly benefit from nursery in all aspects of development (in the majority of cases) but under the age of two it's not so clear. One child expert thinks that nursery is very stressful and causes prolonged stress and possibly behavioural issues further down the line.

If this job wasn't so perfect for me I might have postponed my return to work till fuzzling is two. We could theoretically manage on just Hubby's salary.

I just hate to think of her suffering. Hubby wants to change nursery. He has a point. The management in our nursery absolutely stinks. The nurses are ok though and fuzzling is at least familiar with the place. I hesitate to start the settling in process from scratch again.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
stef (01-04-18)