ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > Men with ADD/ADHD
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Men with ADD/ADHD This forum is for men to discuss issues related to being a man with AD/HD.

Old 12-27-17, 06:35 PM

joshuab0943 is on a distinguished road
I really dont know what to do sometimes

for the past year i have been jumping around from mental illnesses. i thought i had bipolar disorder i thought i had a lot of things but when i went to my therapist they thoguht i had add i didnt tell him everything but i feel like i told him most of the important stuff.i do have mood swings but there more off emotions and getting worried all of the time.i cant concentrate at all i can stick to a task only for about an hour max and they said i have add.Then they perscived me adderal which tbh saved my life now i have to go in for an evaluation just to confirm i have well i really dont have to its optional but ever since i been on the medication i been happy i got a little bit of ego but i can stan up for myself more i can do things i was never able to do my whole life i do day dream constantly but the adderal calms it down i feel human i can drop anyone that treats me like garbage with no care im just so scared of loosing it i cant live without it otherwise i dont see much of a point to live a life where one could never be happy. i personally think i have add my friends think otherwise the adderal only makes me super hyper within its first hour and i take xrs extended releases and 2 hours later i feel normal i feel happy i dont want to lose something i finally have that makes my life amazing.Im just getting so tired of jumping around i just want to know what i have and call it so i can work on it.i procrastinate all of the time too with out it in general im tired of getting swapped around on everything please some one help me idk what to do
Old 12-30-17, 02:56 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 32,569 Times in 15,080 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: I really dont know what to do sometimes

Are you worried about losing access to your medication? Why?

I carried a watermelon?
Old 05-20-18, 12:23 PM

chiefbandit is on a distinguished road
Re: I really dont know what to do sometimes

From what I read of your post, you have classic ADD. Why do you care about what those around you think that you are not ADD. Haven't you try so hard just to be like Them?
For me, I went through **** after **** that, after trying so hard everyday just to be normal, to not be looked down, to fit in, to prove I am capable, that I am not stupid,that, even if every ******* doctor tells me that I am not ADD, I will take those ******* Adderalls and be called meth addict and whatever. Cuz, as far as I can remember, my whole life, I had walked a thousand miles whereas others just take a few steps. BTW,I don't have Adderalls or any other meds,my dream is to be able to afford and take one someday. Then,why are u doubting yourself?
Sponsored Links