ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 07-16-17, 07:53 PM
Contributor

wonderboy has a spectacular aura aboutwonderboy has a spectacular aura about
Warning- Avoid Mallinckrodt

Avoid Mallinckrodt manufactured Adderall IR

I have tried just about every generic, and I can say, wholeheartedly, avoid this manufacturer!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wonderboy For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (07-16-17), Little Missy (07-16-17)
Old 07-16-17, 08:39 PM

MyAchillesheel has a spectacular aura aboutMyAchillesheel has a spectacular aura about
Re: Warning- Avoid Mallinckrodt

Wonderboy,

Why do you say that?

How did that form of generic adderall affect you?
Old 07-16-17, 11:38 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 12,421 Times in 5,996 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute

I also dislike Mallinckrodt. It was the fist generic adderall I ever took so I didn't realize how bad it was. I tried for about a year to find the right dose and reduce so many side effects. It was strong and so were the side effects.

I later switched to Dextroamphetamine because of it. That was so much smoother and had few to no negative side effects. Just didn't find too many noteworthy benefits after a year and many different doses. I switched back to Addeall about a year ago and luckily I received Teva. brand. What a difference!

They have worked so much better without all the negative side effects. They feel like a totally different medication than the Mallinckrodt to me.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-17, 08:27 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 18,587 Times in 9,908 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

I always liked Teva the best and hated Sandoz. I called it Madderall.

But it seems Teva is out of favour with the druggist here and he always gets me Sandoz because of the Corepharma dryness, but now I hear no more Corepharma after I already heard no more Sandoz but now it is Sandoz is available and it just seems like generic names run around.

oh, I've never had Mallinckrodt though.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
Old 07-17-17, 11:54 AM

30mg5x is on a distinguished road

I have to agree with OP. For me Corapharma is the only generic that works. A couple of months ago I had to go to a new pharmacy due to the location of a new job and I was given the Mallincrap generic and I had the worst month of my life. I lost all motivation & focus and actually started to feel extremely depressed. I've been on Adderall for going on 18 years now and haven't felt depression like that since before starting Addreall. Finally out of desperation I took a sick day just to travel to get my script filled at my old pharmacy. Unlike the new pharmacy that refused to order me CoraPharma my old pharmacy had no issues ordering it for me and on top of that had a driver drop off my filled CoraPharma prescription to the pharmacy that refused to order the Corapharma for me (both pharmacies are the same chain).

I've heard around this site that Corapharma stopped making its generic Adderall IR but as of July 13,2017 my pharmacist was still able to place an order for 150 30mg Corapharma Generic IR pills.
Old 07-17-17, 01:02 PM

Thanked 11,672 Times in 5,184 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

’tis a shame, because Mallinckrodt Dex CR is good stuff.

Cheers,
Ian
Old 07-17-17, 04:22 PM
Contributor

Thumbs up Re: Warning- Avoid Mallinckrodt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyAchillesheel View Post
Wonderboy,

Why do you say that?

How did that form of generic adderall affect you?

Absolutely no efficacy
Old 07-19-17, 04:57 AM
Contributor

Did Corepharma Stop Production Of Adderall IR

[QUOTE).

I've heard around this site that Corapharma stopped making its generic Adderall IR but as of July 13,2017 my pharmacist was still able to place an order for 150 30mg Corapharma Generic IR pills.[/quote]

Is this correct? Did Corepharma Stop Production Of Adderall IR
Old 07-19-17, 05:34 AM

Thanked 18,587 Times in 9,908 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Did Corepharma Stop Production Of Adderall IR

I'll ask my druggist when I get my refill Saturday.

Three or four months ago he did say Sandoz was done with IR.

After my month of Corepharma he said Sandoz was back.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969