ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Resources, Tools & Organizational Tips
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-18, 05:27 AM
ADDvanced Member

Kaia.S is a name known to allKaia.S is a name known to allKaia.S is a name known to allKaia.S is a name known to allKaia.S is a name known to allKaia.S is a name known to allKaia.S is a name known to all
Looking for suggestions for YouTube or online ADHD training

YouTube is full of ADHD video's, however i have a tendency to be overwhelmed by 'too much' and than i can't choose which ones to pick

I'm also looking for a good online course to accompany my medical ADHD treatment. So far i found some on Udemy.com ... did any of you try those or are there other/better suggestions?
The Following User Says Thank You to Kaia.S For This Useful Post:
namazu (02-23-18)
Old 02-23-18, 05:31 AM
Contrapunctual Moderator

Thanked 19,502 Times in 9,744 Posts
namazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Looking for suggestions for YouTube or online ADHD training

What are you looking to learn or get out of a course or video? General understanding of ADHD causes? Overview of treatment options? Specific life-management strategies? Study tips? All of the above? Something else?

Also do you have any in-person support (a doctor or therapist or some other professional, a local support group, etc.)?

(Sorry to ask so many questions -- but as you said, there's a ton out there, so it might help us give your better recommendations if we had a sense of what you're hoping to get out of your viewing.)
The Following User Says Thank You to namazu For This Useful Post:
Kaia.S (02-23-18)
Old 02-23-18, 07:03 AM
ADDvanced Member

Kaia.S is a name known to allKaia.S is a name known to allKaia.S is a name known to allKaia.S is a name known to allKaia.S is a name known to allKaia.S is a name known to allKaia.S is a name known to all

Thank you for your questions! I'm mostly looking for better understanding and life-management strategies, how to practically deal with thoughts, get structure and focus, do's and don'ts.

My psychiatrist advised me to read a good book like 'adhd for dummies' and we agreed on further psychotherapy not being needed as i already did and do some things myself (like working with a sponsor in a 12 step program and joining a supportgroup on how to live aligned with my calling and create my life instead of it being created), so he just guides me with the medication. I've had therapy throughout the years, yet mostly before i knew i have adhd.

So i feel i need more adhd-specific guidance, especially on self awareness on what's happening in my brain and how i can get more controle over that, how to find and use the strong sides of my adhd and mostly get things done- like from getting my house in order to start my own business... the plans are there, yet the executing part is a problem ;-( An active training or watching amusing video's works better for me than a lot of reading.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kaia.S For This Useful Post:
namazu (02-23-18)
Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-18, 09:48 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,691 Times in 1,107 Posts
sighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant future

How to ADHD

channel on you tube, was actually started by the creator as a way to share and keep her strategies accessible...

There is even a discord server for those willing to spend a dollar a month on patreon, were users go about sharing all sorts of strategies, ideas, stories and whatever...