ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > PARENTS OF CHILDREN WITH ADD/ADHD > General Parenting Issues
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

General Parenting Issues The purpose of this forum is to discuss general parenting issues related to children with AD/HD(ADD & ADHD)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-06-10, 01:48 PM
Forum Guru

MuscleMama has much to be proud ofMuscleMama has much to be proud ofMuscleMama has much to be proud ofMuscleMama has much to be proud ofMuscleMama has much to be proud ofMuscleMama has much to be proud ofMuscleMama has much to be proud ofMuscleMama has much to be proud of
Neurodevelopmental Rehabilitation Program

I mentioned briefly on the forum how we were going to start working with Active Healing for my boys. I decided to start a blog about it and some of you mentioned being interested, so...

http://motherhoodwithissues.blogspot.com/

I've never blogged before and I can't promise that it will be any good, but I'm going to give it a whirl.

We're working with Sargent Goodchild at Active Healing in Magnolia, MA.

"Active Healing, Inc. provides home-based neurological care programs to stimulate typical maturation of the nervous system through individualized functional movement programs."

My younger son has dyspraxia (developmental coordination disorder) and my older son has adhd. The program looks at primitive reflexes and crawling patterns, among other things, and trains parents to work with their kids doing different therapies/exercises daily. I've read enough about this stuff elsewhere to think it's worth trying.

We're focusing more on DS2 because his needs are greater, but DS1 will be doing much of the same work and Sarge believes it will positively affect his adhd symptoms. Wouldn't that be great?!

Last edited by namazu; 06-24-17 at 05:58 PM.. Reason: Removed link to commercial website, per forum guidelines.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MuscleMama For This Useful Post:
ADHDTigger (10-06-10), LynneC (10-06-10), mommytriz (01-20-13), Ms. Mango (10-06-10)