ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Visual Arts, Photography and Artwork
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Visual Arts, Photography and Artwork A place for ADD Forum members to showcase their creative photography and/or any 2-D and 3-D art in other mediums.

Old 11-01-17, 01:30 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 14,199 Times in 6,349 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute
Re: A Few Photographs I Made

eden by aeon314159, on Flickr

autumntree by aeon314159, on Flickr

woodduck by aeon314159, on Flickr

leaves by aeon314159, on Flickr
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aeon For This Useful Post:
Fraser_0762 (01-02-18), Greyhound1 (02-07-18)
Old 11-01-17, 01:30 PM

aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

winterbirds by aeon314159, on Flickr

bridge by aeon314159, on Flickr

ripples by aeon314159, on Flickr
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aeon For This Useful Post:
Fraser_0762 (01-02-18), Fuzzy12 (01-01-18), Little Missy (01-01-18)
Old 11-01-17, 01:31 PM

warmpetals by aeon314159, on Flickr

monarch by aeon314159, on Flickr

bloom by aeon314159, on Flickr
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aeon For This Useful Post:
Fraser_0762 (01-02-18), Greyhound1 (02-07-18), Little Missy (01-01-18)
Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-17, 01:34 PM

winterlazy by aeon314159, on Flickr

winterforest by aeon314159, on Flickr

aprilcrow by aeon314159, on Flickr
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to aeon For This Useful Post:
Fraser_0762 (01-02-18), Greyhound1 (02-07-18), Little Missy (11-02-17), peripatetic (11-02-17)
Old 11-02-17, 12:18 AM

Monox D. I-Fly has a spectacular aura aboutMonox D. I-Fly has a spectacular aura about

Wow... Do you live near the lake and swamp?
The Following User Says Thank You to Monox D. I-Fly For This Useful Post:
aeon (11-02-17)
Old 01-01-18, 07:59 PM

20180101_174104-01 by aeon314159, on Flickr
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to aeon For This Useful Post:
Fraser_0762 (01-02-18), Greyhound1 (01-01-18), Little Missy (01-01-18), stef (01-02-18), WhiteOwl (01-02-18)
Old 01-01-18, 08:53 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 13,930 Times in 6,681 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome pic. Ian!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
aeon (01-01-18), Fraser_0762 (01-02-18), Little Missy (01-01-18), stef (01-02-18)
Old 01-02-18, 02:50 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeon View Post
That photo is so cool you could sell it. I assume it's ice? How and where did you capture such a beautiful image?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
aeon (01-02-18), stef (01-02-18)
Old 01-02-18, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyhound1 View Post
That photo is so cool you could sell it. I assume it's ice? How and where did you capture such a beautiful image?
Not ice...it is a microwaved compact disc recordable (CD-R) illuminated with a 2000-lumen flashlight, shot with a macro lens on my phone.

Cheers,
Ian
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aeon For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (01-02-18), WhiteOwl (01-05-18)
Old 01-02-18, 07:44 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Quote:
Not ice...it is a microwaved compact disc recordable (CD-R) illuminated with a 2000-lumen flashlight, shot with a macro lens on my phone.

Cheers,
Ian
Not in a million years would I have figured that out. The photo is beautiful but the unconventional art you created and how is what’s amazing.

Well done! How the hell did you ever come up with that idea and make it work out so spectacularly?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
aeon (01-02-18), WhiteOwl (01-05-18)
Old 01-04-18, 06:27 PM
Contributor

Vector is a glorious beacon of lightVector is a glorious beacon of lightVector is a glorious beacon of lightVector is a glorious beacon of lightVector is a glorious beacon of light

Nice pictures Aeon.
The Following User Says Thank You to Vector For This Useful Post:
aeon (01-04-18)
Old 01-17-18, 11:34 PM

Samyang_Rokinon_50mm_f1.2_AS_UMC_test by aeon314159, on Flickr

A depth of field test of my new lens, a Samyang/Rokinon 50mm f/1.2 AS USM.
Camera used is a Canon EOS M. This was shot fully open, at f/1.2. (ISO100, 1/15 sec.)
The lens is manual...focusing was achieved via magnified live view.

The “h” in “Scotch” is in focus, but because the image plane is not parallel to the box,
the “S” is well out of focus, given the razor-thin depth of field. Click the link to see
the full-size image and you can clearly see the halftone dots of the box are captured.
The row of boxes had 2"/5cm space between each successive box.

Exposure adjustment, color correction, and image crop were performed in
Adobe Camera Raw/Photoshop.

No other editing or retouching has been performed. All of the blur you see is part of
the optics of the glass at wide aperture.

Cheers,
Ian
The Following User Says Thank You to aeon For This Useful Post:
WhiteOwl (01-21-18)
Old 01-25-18, 10:44 PM

Thanked 3,684 Times in 1,874 Posts
acdc01 has disabled reputation

Quote:

Cheers,
Ian
Did you specifically break the cd to get this shot or did you accidentally break the cd and noticed it would be a nice shot?
The Following User Says Thank You to acdc01 For This Useful Post:
aeon (01-25-18)
Old 01-25-18, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc01 View Post
Did you specifically break the cd to get this shot or did you accidentally break the cd and noticed it would be a nice shot?
No, you just put the CD-R in the microwave for 5 seconds and it produces the cracking effect (with a flash of sparking and arcing). Try it!

Cheers,
Ian
The Following User Says Thank You to aeon For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (02-07-18)
Old 02-07-18, 11:45 AM

Thanked 3,684 Times in 1,874 Posts
acdc01 has disabled reputation

Quote:
No, you just put the CD-R in the microwave for 5 seconds and it produces the cracking effect (with a flash of sparking and arcing). Try it!

Cheers,
Ian
Lol. No thank you to the trying. Too scared.
The Following User Says Thank You to acdc01 For This Useful Post:
aeon (02-07-18)