ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-17, 02:27 AM

Mr.Eyeknow is on a distinguished road
Re: You Know You Have ADHD When ...

When your sitting on the couch look at the time and swiftly put your coat and boots. Then as soon as you pick up your car keys you forgot why you were such in a hurry... -_-
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mr.Eyeknow For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (12-08-17), jtie55 (01-18-18), Lunacie (12-08-17)
Old 12-08-17, 06:34 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 6,477 Times in 3,092 Posts
Fraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond repute

When you're about to go out and you put one shoe on.... then sit in the house with one shoe on for the next hour, because something caught your interest.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fraser_0762 For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (12-08-17), jtie55 (01-18-18), Lunacie (12-08-17), MilosM (12-09-17), stef (12-08-17)
Old 12-08-17, 09:23 AM

Thanked 30,134 Times in 13,885 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraser_0762 View Post
When you're about to go out and you put one shoe on.... then sit in the house with one shoe on for the next hour, because something caught your interest.
Omg I do this too!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
Fraser_0762 (12-16-17), Lunacie (12-08-17)
Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-17, 10:01 AM

Thanked 21,417 Times in 11,485 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

I know exactly what I need to do, I'm all ready, but I want to do what I can not do for another hour and I don't want to do what I should for that hour so I'm not doing anything.

Why is everything so difficult?

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
aeon (12-08-17), Fuzzy12 (12-08-17), Lunacie (12-08-17), stef (12-08-17)
Old 12-16-17, 01:16 PM

dutchiewithadd is on a distinguished road

... when you have to be somewhere and should be rushing but instead you're reading this thread next to the pile of dirty laundry you were planning on doing but didn't.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dutchiewithadd For This Useful Post:
jtie55 (01-18-18), Lunacie (12-16-17)
Old 01-12-18, 04:46 AM

MagnoliaSnow is on a distinguished road

You finally make your way out the door to go somewhere, laden with all the stuff you "need" to take with you, say your grand goodbye to whoever's in the house, exit.....5 seconds later "Uh...I'm back I forgot my phone"...run around the house 3 times in one minute..."oh never mind it's in the car" ...leave.
The Following User Says Thank You to MagnoliaSnow For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (01-12-18)
Old 01-12-18, 11:41 AM

Thanked 25,924 Times in 12,090 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnoliaSnow View Post
You finally make your way out the door to go somewhere, laden with all the stuff you "need" to take with you, say your grand goodbye to whoever's in the house, exit.....5 seconds later "Uh...I'm back I forgot my phone"...run around the house 3 times in one minute..."oh never mind it's in the car" ...leave.
That's my daughter. My phone rarely leaves my jeans pocket, only when I'm
using it or charging it. (which reminds me ...)

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
Old 01-18-18, 04:22 PM

jtie55 will become famous soon enough

Well it is Jan 18th and it just dawned on me that we should probably take down the Christmas tree. I can't be the only one who hasn't done this yet.
Old 01-18-18, 04:51 PM

Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtie55 View Post
Well it is Jan 18th and it just dawned on me that we should probably take down the Christmas tree. I can't be the only one who hasn't done this yet.
I doubt you're the only one. We didn't even put up a tree this year or last year.
My son-in-law died on Dec 12 two years ago. The only reason we had a tree
that year is because we've always put the tree up the weekend after Thanks-
giving. My oldest granddaughter graduated and moved 3 hours away the
spring after her dad died, so these two years we spend a few days with her
at Christmas. What's the point in having a tree if we won't be here.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
Old 01-18-18, 05:22 PM

Thanked 27,031 Times in 13,128 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

Three lighters appear simultaneously in left coat pocket.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (01-18-18), Lunacie (01-18-18)
Old 01-18-18, 06:47 PM

Funny on the lighters! In my case I have a few tubes of lip balm in the coat pocket. LOL!
The Following User Says Thank You to jtie55 For This Useful Post:
stef (01-21-18)
Old 01-20-18, 05:36 AM
Jr Member

TheWomble is on a distinguished road

I'll just do this one thing while I'm filling the bath....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheWomble For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (01-20-18), stef (01-21-18)
Old 01-20-18, 05:59 AM
Jr Member

TheWomble is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
Not an idiot. I have trouble with numbers ... and public stress.

Have you read anything about discalculia? Basically like dislexia but with numbers.

Pretty sure I have that. Phone numbers are very tricky for me ... I love having a
phone that can dial numbers for me so I don't get 2 or 3 wrong numbers before
I get it right. Or just give up.
Hi Lunacie,

Pretty sure I have it too. When a math problem was put in front of me I would get this white noise in my head (like the way the reception used to go on old TV's). I can't think and get this horrible buzzing throughout my body. There were times I literally had to grip my seat just to stay put!

Oddly, during my assessment I was able to repeat very long strings of numbers backwards with little difficulty. Even my psychologist was surprised.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheWomble For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (01-20-18), stef (01-21-18)
Old 01-20-18, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWomble View Post
I'll just do this one thing while I'm filling the bath....

ha ha ha ha ha ... uh oh!
or

The Following User Says Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
stef (01-21-18)
Old 01-29-18, 03:18 PM

Yesterday I was driving to a tennis match where I needed to catch the interstate and head south for a few miles. Instead I went north on the interstate towards my office. Luckily I caught my error quickly and was able to get to the match on time. This is why I leave 45 min prior to a match when it should take about 15-20 min to get there. LOL!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jtie55 For This Useful Post:
FlipperTheWhale (02-03-18), Lunacie (01-29-18)