ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adult Diagnosis & Treatment
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adult Diagnosis & Treatment This forum is for the discussion of issues related to the diagnosis of AD/HD

Old 02-24-10, 01:44 PM

ctct is on a distinguished road
Second Opinion advice

I'm interested in getting a second opinion on diagnosis.
Do I tell my general doctor, the previous psychologist, or the new psychologist?
My insurance covered my first opinion, will it cover a second opinion?

Thanks!
Old 02-24-10, 07:50 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 13,642 Times in 5,040 Posts
ADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Second Opinion advice

Speak with whoever is prescribing for you. He/She would be happy to refer you to someone for a second opinion and insurance will GENERALLY cover this step as it is not an unusual one. When you speak with your doc, explain WHY you are looking for a second opinion. Chances are, if he has treated ADHD in the past, he's already heard it at least once.

Never forget. "Normal" is just a setting on the washing machine.
Do you really want to be a setting on the washing machine?
If you do, wouldn't you rather be the spin cycle?