ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 08-14-17, 03:09 PM

Never ends will become famous soon enough
Re: Adderall and abilify

Got the second dose of adderall, didn't say what yet as it was too early to refill my Rx, so Thursday I'll find out what dose it will be.

They're still dead set on using the abilify so, I guess I'll just do without it and keep complaining until they change their mind.
Old 08-21-17, 10:14 PM

Well I was wrong I did not get a second dose, I got upped to 30 mg XR, said insurance does not like to cover the second dose until the morning dose has been adjust accordingly. Does this make sense?
Old 08-23-17, 03:21 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 29,225 Times in 13,239 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never ends View Post
Well I was wrong I did not get a second dose, I got upped to 30 mg XR, said insurance does not like to cover the second dose until the morning dose has been adjust accordingly. Does this make sense?
It doesnt make sense. Some insurances will have dosage caps where they will not cover more than a certain amount of a medication per day no matter what but it shouldnt matter when the medication is taken. Where did you get that explanation? My insurance will not cover adderall xr 20 mg more than three times a day so I take that and then an additional dose of adderall xr 15 to get around that cap per day.

I carried a watermelon?

I've always been one of a kind. It just hasnt always been positive.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-23-17, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
It doesnt make sense. Some insurances will have dosage caps where they will not cover more than a certain amount of a medication per day no matter what but it shouldnt matter when the medication is taken. Where did you get that explanation? My insurance will not cover adderall xr 20 mg more than three times a day so I take that and then an additional dose of adderall xr 15 to get around that cap per day.
This was what the nurse practitioner told me who was directed by the p-doc.
Old 08-24-17, 04:39 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 29,225 Times in 13,239 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never ends View Post
This was what the nurse practitioner told me who was directed by the p-doc.
I personally would look up the laws in your state and the requirements of your insurance company before accepting this.

I carried a watermelon?

I've always been one of a kind. It just hasnt always been positive.
Old 08-24-17, 08:06 AM

Oh I'm staying on them, they said next visit we can try for two doses, just didn't make any sense to me
Old 08-25-17, 05:58 PM
Contributor

wonderboy has a spectacular aura aboutwonderboy has a spectacular aura about

I think the dopamine connection, especially as it relates to Adderall and Abilify, is such a fascinating subject.

It appears that some research (unevenly, I must admit) reports that drugs similar to Abilify may hold hope in research related to amphetamine / methamphetamine abuse.

Abilify is a unique drug because it acts as both an agonist and also as an antagonist of specific dopamine receptors in the brain.

Last edited by wonderboy; 08-25-17 at 06:16 PM.. Reason: context
Old 08-25-17, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderboy View Post
I think the dopamine connection, especially as it relates to Adderall and Abilify, is such a fascinating subject.

It appears that some research (unevenly, I must admit) reports that drugs similar to Abilify may hold hope in research related to amphetamine / methamphetamine abuse.

Abilify is a unique drug because it acts as both an agonist and also as an antagonist of specific dopamine receptors in the brain.
That's pretty interesting, I know it really has an effect on me when I take it with the adderall, by itself it's not near as bad.