ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old Yesterday, 03:18 PM

allesandro1 is on a distinguished road
Re: The what's bothering you RIGHT NOW thread Part IV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Missy View Post
oddly, me too. I'm rarely up this late.
just finding out now that generic Adderall doesn't always work. Thought it was just me. Feeling really frustrated with this whole thing. What else do I have to research and find out on my own? I'm just feeling very tired of this whole thing
Old Yesterday, 03:24 PM
ADDvanced Member

Emre22 is a jewel in the roughEmre22 is a jewel in the roughEmre22 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
My doctor encouraged me to try Trazadone, started with a very low dose,
took it for 6 months without any increase. Was sleeping so well I decided
to try not taking it. And still slept well. Yeah, I still have the off night, but
doesn't everyone?
i tried out a lot of medicines ( including trazadone) but they couldnt help me to sleep
Old Today, 06:28 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 29,225 Times in 13,239 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

My old car insurance raised my payment from 238$ a month to 700$ a month. September was to be that first payment. I called to review the policy and they said they couldnt until the payment date past. I had to put a stop payment on my bank account. I got new insurance and had them send a letter of cancellation.
October was fine other than we got a letter saying we were cancelled due to non payment, and I called to remind them that that wasnt the case, that we had cancelled before the due date.
The letter said unused premiums will be returned to us and any balance would be billed.

Wed. My husband had gotten paid. Thursday he checked the balance so we could pay our mortgage and the old company had withdrawn over 1000$ from the account!
I called and they first said they didnt get our letter so I emailed a copy. Then they said they needed something different to prove it from the bank. I got that proof and emailed it. The night before I was told they would re-wire the money back and I was also told that yesterday morning. Then I was told they sent me a letter and I was informed they would be taking this money out because they say I still owed. I would never have let this go. We agreed for a monthly payment but not some one time withdrawl of this magnitude!
I had paid my cell phone bill and other things before my husband's pay day and was counting on the money to pay the rest of my bills and live.

I was told yesteday afternoon after three trips to the bank that no, they would not give me my money back and my only recourse was to deal with my bank. I went back to file a dispute. I have to wait at a minimum two weeks but its not even my debit card, its a withdrawl and that take longer.

I have 26$ in my account, no paid mortgage, doctor's appts and meds to get-oh and living expenses and food and gas.
I am devastated and feel helpless and hopeless which is not like me at all.

I have to wait til the dispute is over and there is no guarantee that I will even get the money back because they look for fraud and its classfied as 'non authorized withdrawal." I guess I need to consider legal action but I cant do nothing until the dispute is over and that doesnt change the fact that I have no $ now.
Im ready to freak and had two panic attacks. We see the psych today so maybe she can give me something to manage the attacks.

How am I going to Christmas shop? I never go overboard with my kids, but nothing for them would hurt.

I carried a watermelon?

I've always been one of a kind. It just hasnt always been positive.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (Today), midnightstar (Today), stef (Today)
Sponsored Links
Old Today, 07:25 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 27,740 Times in 12,821 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: The what's bothering you RIGHT NOW thread Part IV

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
My old car insurance raised my payment from 238$ a month to 700$ a month. September was to be that first payment. I called to review the policy and they said they couldnt until the payment date past. I had to put a stop payment on my bank account. I got new insurance and had them send a letter of cancellation.
October was fine other than we got a letter saying we were cancelled due to non payment, and I called to remind them that that wasnt the case, that we had cancelled before the due date.
The letter said unused premiums will be returned to us and any balance would be billed.

Wed. My husband had gotten paid. Thursday he checked the balance so we could pay our mortgage and the old company had withdrawn over 1000$ from the account!
I called and they first said they didnt get our letter so I emailed a copy. Then they said they needed something different to prove it from the bank. I got that proof and emailed it. The night before I was told they would re-wire the money back and I was also told that yesterday morning. Then I was told they sent me a letter and I was informed they would be taking this money out because they say I still owed. I would never have let this go. We agreed for a monthly payment but not some one time withdrawl of this magnitude!
I had paid my cell phone bill and other things before my husband's pay day and was counting on the money to pay the rest of my bills and live.

I was told yesteday afternoon after three trips to the bank that no, they would not give me my money back and my only recourse was to deal with my bank. I went back to file a dispute. I have to wait at a minimum two weeks but its not even my debit card, its a withdrawl and that take longer.

I have 26$ in my account, no paid mortgage, doctor's appts and meds to get-oh and living expenses and food and gas.
I am devastated and feel helpless and hopeless which is not like me at all.

I have to wait til the dispute is over and there is no guarantee that I will even get the money back because they look for fraud and its classfied as 'non authorized withdrawal." I guess I need to consider legal action but I cant do nothing until the dispute is over and that doesnt change the fact that I have no $ now.
Im ready to freak and had two panic attacks. We see the psych today so maybe she can give me something to manage the attacks.

How am I going to Christmas shop? I never go overboard with my kids, but nothing for them would hurt.
Thats so unfair. Is there some sort of government consumer helpline that you could call for advice?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
midnightstar (Today), stef (Today)
Old Today, 10:44 AM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 19,895 Times in 11,563 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

Oh no sarah I wish there was something we could do
Ebony (1st January 2014 - current)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm
Hope you all have a beautiful day
"Keep your dreams alive, dreaming is still how the strong survive" Oliver and Company (Disney)
The Following User Says Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
stef (Today)
Old Today, 11:36 AM
Societal Malarkey Sorter

Thanked 17,672 Times in 8,848 Posts
Unmanagable has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by allesandro1 View Post
just finding out now that generic Adderall doesn't always work. Thought it was just me. Feeling really frustrated with this whole thing. What else do I have to research and find out on my own? I'm just feeling very tired of this whole thing
Generic adderall eventually, and very frustratingly, helped lead me to rediscovering my entire existence, as it had previously been taught to me via my family, the schools, and various professionals I'd encountered along the way, forcing me into the 'alternative' arenas for help. I still have to laugh at that term, as who knew breathing and eating were ever considered an alternative? lmao

The only things that eventually brought me genuine sustained relief of any sort was totally re-learning how to eat, hydrate, breathe, move daily, eliminate endocrine disruptors in my environment, etc. So I guess it was both the best and the worst thing that happened, all in one.

I ended up desperate for help after having visited several professionals I had the misfortune of crossing paths with at the time through my insurance provider, having multiple types of meds prescribed for various misdiagnosed issues (in addition to adhd) that created many more disruptive side effects than benefits, causing a need for yet another pill to help with the side effects of the other one, then encountering several talk therapists who blatantly ignored significant life altering traumatic events I experienced that included childhood and teenage sexual abuse, and later, years of adult domestic abuse almost resulting in death several times.

I ended up pretty much bed ridden thanks to rapidly declining mental and physical health and spent that time researching every system in my body, every system we are sent to in order to seek help and sustain our lives, every item I ingest or use in my immediate space to discover the path they take to get to me and what they're actually made of and how my body recognizes, processes, and eliminates it, what doctors are actually taught in med school and why the basics of nutrition, hydration, and how we breathe aren't being shared with patients, in schools, etc., etc., etc.

However, the irony of it all is I can research as much as I wish, but since I'm not already considered a formally highly educated being of any sort by the same society that damn near took me down, my research is considered simply a cute little hobby I have, or perhaps even a disorder if I share it with certain folks. lol Although it very clearly saved me from what I was being offered by the highly educated folks and helped me get parts of my life back that I was told by doctors I'd never see again based on the aging process. It's rather entertaining now, whereas before it was frustrating as f***.

Not trying to scare you away from professional help at all, just trying to demonstrate the importance of not solely relying on the folks we are so often sent to for help for all the answers, as they aren't always nearly as thorough as we may hope they are being. There are a few gems in the rough who provide excellent wholesome and nurturing care from all sides of the spectrum, so if you find one of them, hold onto them.

Professionals are limited to what they learn in the schools that don't necessarily teach very thoroughly to begin with. Be your own best advocate and do your own research in every arena, but most especially the ones dealing with your well-being. Wishing you much wellness and awareness in your ongoing pursuits.

"You torment yourself wondering how they could not love your burning heart. And the answer darling, you are not the star you thought you were. You are the f******g universe and not everybody is an astronaut." ~Unknown