ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-20, 01:06 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 23,408 Times in 12,486 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The what's bothering you RIGHT NOW thread Part VI

If the weather is correct, today is the last nice day and then high 90's for a week.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (07-20-20), namazu (07-20-20)
Old 07-20-20, 04:00 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 17,273 Times in 8,140 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc01 View Post
Greyhound, Iím hoping you kick your illnessís azz too. The odds are for sure with you as is everyone here.
Thanks to you and many others for all the well wishes. I had a brutal weekend but surprisingly feel much better today. Not sure what I had, just glad it seems to have gone!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (07-21-20), BouCoupDinkyDau (07-20-20), Little Missy (07-20-20), Lunacie (07-20-20), midnightstar (07-20-20), namazu (07-20-20), stef (07-21-20), tudorose (Yesterday)
Old 07-20-20, 04:15 PM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 24,217 Times in 14,296 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyhound1 View Post
Thanks to you and many others for all the well wishes. I had a brutal weekend but surprisingly feel much better today. Not sure what I had, just glad it seems to have gone!

I'm happy to hear you are feeling better, Great Hound
Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
BouCoupDinkyDau (07-20-20), Greyhound1 (07-20-20), namazu (07-20-20)
Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-20, 05:26 PM
Contrapunctual Moderator

Thanked 21,995 Times in 11,085 Posts
namazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
A few people in Wichita signed in a one downtown testing station,
got frustrated by the long wait, and left.

Ten days later they got their test results in the mail?
But they left before getting tested?

And the results? Positive for Covid 19.
I'm beginning to understand why some are leery of the numbers
being reported.
Do you have a source for this, or do you actually know the people involved?
If true, it would indicate a serious problem with your local testing protocols!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to namazu For This Useful Post:
BouCoupDinkyDau (07-22-20), Little Missy (07-20-20)
Old 07-20-20, 07:48 PM

Thanked 27,747 Times in 12,896 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by namazu View Post
Do you have a source for this, or do you actually know the people involved?
If true, it would indicate a serious problem with your local testing protocols!
At this point it's one person telling my friend who shared it with me.
It does make me wonder about other test results from that location.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
BouCoupDinkyDau (07-22-20), namazu (07-20-20)
Old 07-20-20, 09:49 PM
Contrapunctual Moderator

Thanked 21,995 Times in 11,085 Posts
namazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
It does make me wonder about other test results from that location.
Indeed, that is worrisome if they are that disorganized.
One also wonders if these positive results belonged to someone else, who has now not been notified...
In any case, sounds like a mess. Best-case scenario, hopefully something was just lost in translation as the story was told to your friend.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to namazu For This Useful Post:
BouCoupDinkyDau (07-22-20), Lunacie (07-21-20), midnightstar (07-21-20), stef (07-21-20)
Old 07-21-20, 09:27 AM

Thanked 4,421 Times in 2,243 Posts
acdc01 has disabled reputation

Greyhound, i'm so glad you are feeling better and that the really serious part lasted such a short time. It isn't just the physical part but covid is so psychologically draining too (and I wasn't even the one sick) - so really glad you are doing better.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to acdc01 For This Useful Post:
BouCoupDinkyDau (07-22-20), Greyhound1 (07-21-20), namazu (07-21-20)
Old 07-21-20, 09:49 AM

My dad's business partner wants to dissolve their business. Dad's not happy cause his partner has stolen all their valuable equipment already so if thry just dissolve it without a buyout, he'll get barely a thing.

I've actually been trying and trying to get my 100% healthy sister to help my dad for a while now but she thinks it's my responsibility as I dont work. I've told her that I just can't take the lead helping my dad cause deep in my heart I don't want to help him. I realize I resent my dad very much.

And I just cannot get myself to do things I truly don't want to do because of my adhd sometimes. Sister still hasn't done a thing and doesn't think my adhd is a good reason when I don't have to work.

Now what I didn't want to happen, which is my other sister who still gets fatigued and has 2 crazy kids to raise, will have to lead the effort - calling me over and over to push me to do the things that need to be done since I can't do it without the push. And that other sister is still probably gonna do nothing and get mad at me still for not wanting to help my dad. Her attitude of me being responsible for everything with my dad just cause I don't work is completely unfair.

I'm already starting to feel that adhd anxiety that creeps in when I don't want to do something I have to just writing this.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to acdc01 For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (07-21-20), Little Missy (07-21-20), midnightstar (07-21-20), namazu (07-21-20), stef (07-21-20), TheDreamer (07-22-20)
Old 07-21-20, 01:08 PM

Thanked 27,747 Times in 12,896 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
My dad's business partner wants to dissolve their business. Dad's not happy cause his partner has stolen all their valuable equipment already so if thry just dissolve it without a buyout, he'll get barely a thing.

I've actually been trying and trying to get my 100% healthy sister to help my dad for a while now but she thinks it's my responsibility as I dont work. I've told her that I just can't take the lead helping my dad cause deep in my heart I don't want to help him. I realize I resent my dad very much.

And I just cannot get myself to do things I truly don't want to do because of my adhd sometimes. Sister still hasn't done a thing and doesn't think my adhd is a good reason when I don't have to work.

Now what I didn't want to happen, which is my other sister who still gets fatigued and has 2 crazy kids to raise, will have to lead the effort - calling me over and over to push me to do the things that need to be done since I can't do it without the push. And that other sister is still probably gonna do nothing and get mad at me still for not wanting to help my dad. Her attitude of me being responsible for everything with my dad just cause I don't work is completely unfair.

I'm already starting to feel that adhd anxiety that creeps in when I don't want to do something I have to just writing this.
That situation completely sucks. My brother did not guilt me into helping
when he had to move my dad into a nursing home, but he made it clear
that he was doing it so he would be the financial beneficiary.

Fine with me. It wasn't worth any amount of money to help manage things
with my dad. I didn't resent dad any more, but I had cut the connection and
did not want to reconnect in any way.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (07-21-20), namazu (07-21-20), stef (07-21-20)
Old 07-30-20, 04:15 PM
Contributor

Adenosine has a spectacular aura aboutAdenosine has a spectacular aura about

I lost my Vyvanse prescription a few months ago, and I’ve really been struggling. Not sure if I’ll be able to go back on MPH. We’re still waiting for the Strattera to kick in.

Last edited by namazu; 07-30-20 at 05:45 PM.. Reason: Please see ADDF guidelines re: posts on unapproved medications.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Adenosine For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (07-31-20), namazu (07-30-20)
Old 07-30-20, 07:27 PM

pembroke is just really nicepembroke is just really nicepembroke is just really nicepembroke is just really nice

What's bothering me right now? What else? The tyrant I'm married to, who calls me a liar... because explaining to him 19thousand times the short term memory is crap hasn't yielded results. So, I am a liar, forever..... can I scream now?
Baruch Spinoza

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pembroke For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (07-31-20), Greyhound1 (07-30-20), kwalk (08-01-20), Little Missy (07-30-20), Lunacie (07-31-20), midnightstar (07-31-20), namazu (07-30-20)
Old 07-30-20, 09:17 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute

This damn virus has me so angry, feeling so helpless and becoming hopeless.
Quote:
(Reuters) - Florida reported a record increase in new COVID-19 deaths for a third day in a row on Thursday, with 252 fatalities in the last 24 hours, according to the state health department.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (07-31-20), Little Missy (07-30-20), Lunacie (07-31-20), midnightstar (07-31-20), namazu (07-30-20), pembroke (07-30-20), stef (07-31-20), TygerSan (07-30-20)
Old 07-31-20, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyhound1 View Post
This damn virus has me so angry, feeling so helpless and becoming hopeless.
Is your own covid still getting better greyhound?

Yeah, I had to drive around to take care of some of my dads things and it’s like people are just proceeding as if the pandemic is over. The only exception is that masks are required indoors now so people are wearing masks. Which is great.

But I wish people just stayed at home when they can. And the way they wear masks. So many just wear them around their chins.

A lot of things are bringing me down this year. This is one of the worse years ever.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to acdc01 For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (08-01-20), Little Missy (07-31-20), Lunacie (08-01-20), midnightstar (07-31-20), namazu (07-31-20), stef (07-31-20)
Old 08-01-20, 08:00 AM
Mind Racing Moderator

Quote:
Is your own covid still getting better greyhound?

Yeah, I had to drive around to take care of some of my dads things and it’s like people are just proceeding as if the pandemic is over. The only exception is that masks are required indoors now so people are wearing masks. Which is great.

But I wish people just stayed at home when they can. And the way they wear masks. So many just wear them around their chins.

A lot of things are bringing me down this year. This is one of the worse years ever.
I’m doing much better. Thanks for asking. I had a rough 3 days and then was back to my abnormal self. My wife also got sick a few days later and had a Covid test which came back negative, thankfully. Two at work were out for almost 2 weeks with the same symptoms we had and their Covid tests also came back negative. Not sure what it was, just glad what it wasn’t.

How’s your sister doing?

Last edited by Greyhound1; 08-01-20 at 08:16 AM..
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (08-01-20), Lunacie (08-01-20), midnightstar (08-01-20), namazu (08-01-20), stef (08-04-20)
Old 08-01-20, 08:23 AM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 24,217 Times in 14,296 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

I'm glad you and your wife dont have covid, Great Hound
Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (08-01-20), namazu (08-01-20)