ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 07-21-20, 12:56 PM
Jr Member

adderallxr_pres is on a distinguished road
Arrow Why do I get tired after taking it?

I get a good boost and then I feel tired. This is after at least 1 or 2 hours taking my medication. Nowadays, I take it the minute I wake up and eat breakfast or belay to brunch.

I tried eating breakfast an hour after, I get tired more. I did try eating breakfast first and then the medication, but I believe the effects are not as strong or my body doesn't register it.

I may need a higher dose but I've gone as much as I can (on 15) and I take in halves, one in the morning and one in the late noon. I don't plan on taking it higher.

It's probably the combination of sleep and diet of choice. I think a high protein meat diet could serve me well but I don't know if I'm just talking to a wall. Has anyone else experienced this, if so, what can I do?

I already spoke to my doc and psych btw
Old 07-21-20, 06:30 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 6,147 Times in 2,809 Posts
Stevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Why do I get tired after taking it?

Adderall wears you out. that's just how it is.

It's like drinking coffee. It wakes you up, but I always notice that by the end of the day I'm always more tired if I drank coffee that day.

This planet is now property of the Sontaran Empire. Surrender your women and intellectuals. -Commander Strax
The Following User Says Thank You to Stevuke79 For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (07-30-20)
Old 07-29-20, 10:59 PM
Jr Member

adderallxr_pres is on a distinguished road
Re: Why do I get tired after taking it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevuke79 View Post
Adderall wears you out. that's just how it is.

It's like drinking coffee. It wakes you up, but I always notice that by the end of the day I'm always more tired if I drank coffee that day.
Yes, I noticed when I am consistently worn out I started taking supplements such as a protein shake, fish oil, and even magnesium. In addition, Adderall dries the system so much that I've started having dry skin. So I included husk and fiber heavy diet.

I'm not as much tired as I use to when taking Adderall and ignoring the signs will (I believe) just wear out the body in the long term.

If anyone has implemented a similar routine or additional healthy supplements, please feel free to share.
Sponsored Links