ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-18, 01:38 AM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 14,432 Times in 7,187 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The what's bothering you RIGHT NOW thread Part V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
I'm 67. Wow.
Oh yes! I agree!!!

WOW!!

(((((((Gramma Lunsy)))))))

...I hope you know I tease ya, cause I love ya!!

(((((((MOM)))))))
I'll always fondly remember.

Last edited by psychopathetic; 05-12-18 at 01:52 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (05-12-18)
Old 05-12-18, 01:51 AM

psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy12 View Post
Just wrote a long rant aboutvwork and meds in reply to your post and then lost it. Oh well...

Anyway I had a better day at work today. Finally managed to connect to the WiFi which has been driving me absolutely crazy.

How are the meds treating you?

Awww, sorry about your post It's so frustrating when that happens!
I'm glad work was a bit better today! Maybe coming here and talking about it helped a tiny bit? To release some of the tension building up?

I think my meds are going a lot better for me than they seem to be going for you. You've mentioned not too long ago how you felt your meds weren't really helping. grrrr!
Did your doctor start you on a low dose? Are they going to titrate back up again?
My pill lady is awesome and didn't make me titrate again. She gave me 20mg instant release adderall twice a day...and when I went back to see her, I requested for her to give me an additional 20mg for the late afternoon as needed, and she had no issue doing so for me (haha...and now that I've asked for it, I've not used a single late afternoon dose! ).
They are still helping me...but things aren't as well as they were during the first week or 2 of taking them. I've slowed way back down now...I'm not getting as much accomplished again, haven't been working on my apartment, having a hard time getting up and going, sometimes have a hard time focusing on 1 thing at a time.

I think my meds are working just as they're suppose to be working. I do feel a sense of lightness when I'm on them...I'm not so bogged down with muck and mud in my mind...though to be honest, I do wish the meds did a bit more. Provided a bit more punch...gave me a bit of energy or something.
I think I need to be careful in such thoughts though...last thing I want to do is start looking for ways to get my meds to do more for me then they're intended and to get addicted to the damned things.

This is part of why I quit my meds in the first place. I don't like the way they cause me to feel. Like I've got to walk a fine line or I'm going to become a druggy xP. /sigh

(((((((MOM)))))))

Old 05-12-18, 09:15 AM
Well Modulated Moderator

Thanked 2,417 Times in 1,190 Posts
amberwillow has a brilliant futureamberwillow has a brilliant futureamberwillow has a brilliant futureamberwillow has a brilliant futureamberwillow has a brilliant futureamberwillow has a brilliant futureamberwillow has a brilliant futureamberwillow has a brilliant futureamberwillow has a brilliant futureamberwillow has a brilliant futureamberwillow has a brilliant future

Quote:
I'm similar at the moment. Overtiredness I think. Are you quite stressed as well? Also, have you just had a baby/ies? (I'm asking because you said your making up bottles). I had a terrible case of baby brain. Still do. I still can't remember anyone's names instantly and call everyone "what's his name" or "what's her name".

Hope you get some rest tonight.
DH and I have two little rescued foster lambs. They are nearly three weeks old. We have had them since day five.

I think I am dealing with an increase in stress, but some of it has been produced by positive changes... Big, life and relationship things. Work is a bit emotionally unstable atm. I haven't been medicated for years now and I'm used to compensating with strategies, but I can't keep up.
aeon (05-12-18), Fuzzy12 (05-13-18), Lunacie (05-12-18), midnightstar (05-12-18), peripatetic (05-12-18), psychopathetic (05-12-18)
Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-18, 09:19 AM
Secret Squirrel!! Moderator

Thanked 13,196 Times in 5,341 Posts
TygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond repute

I waited too long to order my running shoes, and the model that I want is no longer available.

Now I actually have to go to the store and try on the new model to make sure they haven't changed the design in a way that makes them unusable for me. And they are around twice as expensive because the old model is gone.

"being lost,/ being crazy maybe/ is not so bad/ if you can be/ that way/ undisturbed."
Charles Bukowski
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TygerSan For This Useful Post:
aeon (05-12-18), Lunacie (05-12-18), midnightstar (05-12-18), peripatetic (05-12-18), psychopathetic (05-12-18)
Old 05-12-18, 10:27 AM

Thanked 33,605 Times in 15,200 Posts
peripatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond repute

i'm going to be weary by the end of the day. it's only half seven and already the voices are relentless. ugh.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peripatetic For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (05-12-18), midnightstar (05-12-18), psychopathetic (05-12-18)
Old 05-12-18, 10:45 AM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 22,150 Times in 13,090 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

Am I "selfish" for missing Ebony so much?

And is it a delusion to be convinced that Ebony could read the word "police"?
Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm

The Following User Says Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (05-12-18)
Old 05-12-18, 12:28 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 25,565 Times in 11,909 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightstar View Post
Am I "selfish" for missing Ebony so much?

And is it a delusion to be convinced that Ebony could read the word "police"?
Missing someone we love is a very human thing. It is not selfish.

I don't think cats can read the written word, but they can certainly read our
body language and pick up on it when we are tense or worried.

So if you were worried that she'd be upset by talking or writing about the police,
what she was picking up on was your emotions.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
midnightstar (05-12-18), psychopathetic (05-12-18)
Old 05-12-18, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peripatetic View Post
i'm going to be weary by the end of the day. it's only half seven and already the voices are relentless. ugh.
(((((((Per-Pers)))))))

Can't they all just go take a nap or something?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightstar View Post
Am I "beautiful" for missing Ebony so much?
Fixed, and yes. Yes you are!

(((((((MIDS)))))))

(((((((MOM)))))))

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (05-12-18), midnightstar (05-12-18)
Old 05-12-18, 07:01 PM

Thanked 29,695 Times in 13,704 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

I've decided to go to see my uncle. I'm so worried about leaving fuzzling though. Hubby said if she gets too stressed out I can always just get the next flight back.

My parents are also trying very hard of course to convince me not to travel. Well, my dad is. Even though they'd be happy to see me they don't want me to leave fuzzling. I just want to tell them to **** off but I do feel a bit bad for not going when they were in the hospital.

And fuzzling is ill again. She's been so tired all day and threw up everything she ate. Hopefully it's just a stomach bug and sg LL be fine soon.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
aeon (05-13-18), Little Missy (05-12-18), psychopathetic (05-12-18)
Old 05-12-18, 07:25 PM

Thanked 6,469 Times in 3,088 Posts
Fraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond repute

Feel like a ghost. Everybody sees straight through me like i'm not even there. I don't matter to anybody. My life is devoid of any sense of importance.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fraser_0762 For This Useful Post:
aeon (05-13-18), Little Missy (05-12-18), psychopathetic (05-12-18)
Old 05-12-18, 08:20 PM
Contributor

LyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to behold

Wow. You just described what it's like to be a female software engineer!

But seriously. That's statistically probably not true. I know I've felt that way before as well. Many times. And it turns out that my mental issues were scaring people from interacting with me. Scaring or confusing them. Or I was pushing them away. That has happened.

On it's own life is pretty devoid of purpose. You kinda have to find your own purpose. Even if that purpose is to just be happy and not feel how you are feeling. Which I know is possible.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LyrinMeow For This Useful Post:
aeon (05-13-18), psychopathetic (05-12-18)
Old 05-12-18, 09:52 PM

Thanked 33,605 Times in 15,200 Posts
peripatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopathetic View Post
(((((((Per-Pers)))))))

Can't they all just go take a nap or something?!?
i wish. i took my PRNs. again. it's not entirely helping. at all. i just can't take this **** for another twenty years, you know?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peripatetic For This Useful Post:
aeon (05-13-18), psychopathetic (05-12-18)
Old 05-12-18, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peripatetic View Post
you know?
I don't fully know Part of me wishes I knew more of what you go through so I could relate with you more and so then you wouldn't have to feel so alone.

(((Pers)))

(((((((MOM)))))))

peripatetic (05-12-18)
Old 05-12-18, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraser_0762 View Post
Feel like a ghost. Everybody sees straight through me like i'm not even there. I don't matter to anybody. My life is devoid of any sense of importance.
Gah this breaks my heart dude :*(.

You're such a beautiful person on these forums. To know that you have such pains...bleh

Is there anything any of us can do?

(((((((Fraser)))))))

(((((((MOM)))))))

Old 05-12-18, 11:10 PM

Quote:
I've decided to go to see my uncle.

I'm so glad to hear this. I really do have a strong feeling that this will be good for you and your family.

(((Fuzz)))

(((((((MOM)))))))

Lunacie (05-13-18)