ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > SCIENTIFIC DISCUSSIONS, RESEARCH, NEWS AND EVENTS > Scientific, Philosophical & Theoretical Discussions > Scientific Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Scientific Discussion This forum is limited to published/presented scientific research, in a quasi-academic format, with references where appropriate; clear and structured discourse is encouraged

Old 06-05-18, 01:30 PM

Thanked 6,432 Times in 4,683 Posts
SB_UK has disabled reputation
All disease is preventable (simplified with references added)

Letter sent out

A definition of the molecular mechanisms underlying the observations which you’ve become famous for
I apologise for writing this email without any form of pleasantry, and do so because I know that your time is limited and wanted to get straight to the point. I’ve included my CV as the simplest way of describing who I am.
The conclusion that I provide is as follows
ALL
disease (actually ALL problems which man face) are preventable.
What do you think ?
Prevention requires one simple intervention.
The simple realization that as of the emergence of Homo sapiens sapiens and what we call ‘mind’ – that the mind’s proper usage is to be educated to moral nature – which may culminate in the acquisition of the state of wisdom.

To be clear – I am suggesting that the solution to all:
-- common complex disorders,
-- monogenic disorders,
-- infectious diseases (including the common cold),
-- neurological disorders
-- mental disorders
-- dental disease
… … as well as cancer – just to list the disease types, may be solved by the intervention listed above.
For the purposes of this email, I will restrict myself to mechanisms underlying disease alone – though, as mentioned, I believe that ALL problems which man face – are solved using the intervention as stated above.

After over 30 years / 50,000 posts online (in molecular mechanisms underlying disease), I believe that I can put the whole picture together and can provide a mechanism to the work that the three of you have dedicated your lives to. I am going to attempt to do this in just 20 points as I know you’re very busy people. I’ve typed this up in a few minutes and so apologies if there’re any typos.

Here’s the scheme

1. The human mind wants to be ‘free’ which occurs through acquiring morality (one of two components (the other component is the development of personal quality) underlying what education is supposed to connote) and then wisdom.

2. The human mind in our current society is forced to operate immorally (to strive towards making money) within a defined hierarchy – this is distressful on these two levels.

3. The workplace is therefore stressful because the individual cannot become ever better in some character which is in the species’ best interests.

4. The individual is forced to compete (from kindergarten to death) and not collaborate – which results in the individual (all individuals) being under chronic distress from birth to death.

5. Epidemiology is confounded because there is no appropriate control population to show that human beings are stressed. See Note#1

6. Chronic stress leads to cortisol resistance syndrome (eg See Cohen, PNAS, 2012) and loss of control of the inflammatory response.

7. Inflammation underlies all common, complex disorders (eg See Hunter, EMBO, 2012).

8. Chronic stress leads to Comfort eating of foods (foods as stimulant – blood glucose elevation eg sugar/starch and glutamate-rich eg meat/parmesan) which lead immediately and reactively to diabesity whilst simultaneously destroying diversity in the gut biome.

9. Loss of gut biome results in the intestinal barrier being compromised allowing bacteria to enter the bloodstream – the LPS making up the bacterial cell wall triggers the inflammatory response resulting in activation of an already dysregulated (point 6) immune system.

10. Continuing on from point 8 – blood glucose elevation results in Insulin production and glutamate/aspartate-seeking necessarily results in high protein consumption results in IGF-1 production. Exactly as we see in point 6 chronic hyperglycaemia results in insulin resistance.

11. It has been well documented that fasting results in very significant health benefits through autophagy to remove and stem cell activation to replace cell types (eg See Longo, Cell, 2014).

12. Autophagy may be considered an approach to repairing an aspect of the cell if it’s broken or removal of the cell if it’s beyond repair (eg See Thorburn, Nat Cell Biol, 2014).

13. Autophagy ensures that the process of meiosis and mitosis occur without error (failure will give rise to de novo mutation in developmental disorder and somatic mutation in cancer) (eg See Yamamoto, Genes Cell, 2016).

14. Autophagy operates through apoptosis and is the means by which the body deselects self-antigens and the B cells reactive to harmless (eg grass pollen) environmental triggers.

15. To re-iterate the consequences listed in points 9 – 14 arise from point 2 – the inability to work towards and develop a moral mind and then personal quality.

16. The points above (eg 1,2 and 6) would give rise to a world in which people help the poor into sustainable and clean (strong association between lack of hygiene and disease epidemics) lives with proper foods (not factory farmed foods which encourage the emergence of infectious micro-organism) and the paper in point 6 connects chronic distress to susceptibility to the common cold.

17. Point 2 opens the door to understanding mental health disorders such as depression and anxiety – because I’m stating that the mind has a higher calling (to become moral) and that enforced immorality results in mental disquiet.

18. Neurological disorders – as point 4 states – life in a competitive environment leads to competitive (contact) sports – where we’re now seeing all contact sports involving head trauma showing an association to dementia; this line of thought should be taken alongside the strong association between Alzheimer’s disease and diabetes – covered in point 10.

19. The consequence of fasting is to increase b-hydroxybutyrate in the body which is a HDACinhibitor (See Shimazu, Science, 2013) and is analogous to Valproic acid (also a HDACi) and a treatment for bipolar disorder, schizophrenia and epilepsy.

20. Epilepsy benefits from GABAergic or glutamate receptor antagonists (See point 8); note that activation of the pro-GABAergic system will be relaxing (as it’s the mechanism of action of the benzodiazepenes).

So – there you have it – 30 years and 50,000 posts simplified into 20 points.

Just bringing it all together - to be clear – I am suggesting that the solution to all:
-- common complex disorders,
-- monogenic disorders,
-- infectious diseases (including the common cold),
-- neurological disorders
-- mental disorders
-- dental disease
… … as well as cancer – just to list the disease types, may be solved by the intervention listed above.

Note#1 -- I believe that it is possible to demonstrate this line of thought by looking at cortisol sensitivity in a standard Western population vs the Mount Athos monastery population as our control to counter Point 5 and I’d like to ask for some help in conducting this epidemiological study as I am trained in molecular medicine and not epidemiology.
Old 06-05-18, 02:03 PM

Re: All disease is preventable (simplified with references added)

So - just to be sure that people understand - this is a COMPLETE invalidation of the pharmaceutical industry, the biotechnology industry, the majority of medical research (particularly -omics), the prescribing medic and the surgeon.
All that's left is the epidemiologist - who bows out also - as soon as this idea is heard.

They're all redundant if nobody is diseased - through introduction of a Universal preventative strategy.
Old 06-05-18, 02:37 PM

Deliberately left out the section on the emergence of increased sensitivity in ADHD ('Intense World Theory') - doesn't so much matter since if all of the above is acted upon - and people are free - then it doesn't really matter if you're more or less sensitive - just do what comes naturally.
Old 06-05-18, 10:45 PM

This idea has been submitted to various academics in epidemiology, anthropology, and to the BMJ, New Scientist and Guardian.

It is correct.

There's absolutely NOTHING wrong with people - all disease arises through failure to realise what the mind is for.
Old 06-06-18, 02:56 PM

Quote:

Here’s the scheme
Quote:
1. The human mind wants to be ‘free’ which occurs through acquiring morality ... ...and then wisdom.
To be fair the statement that all disease / problems which man has ... ... solved through morality --- wisdom ... ...is pretty much the same thing as root of all suffering arises from attachment ... ... ... well those cheeky chappies couldn't put a molecular mechanism on.

Autophagy and its relationship to recycle/repair is the best bit.

To look after something rather than to settle into throwaway existence ... ... but when we must throw away ... like we do when we die ... to re enter the ecosystem. Concrete, plastic, radioactivity with long half lives ... ... human beings are dirty.

Old 06-06-18, 03:05 PM

So autophagy induced by low N2 environment therefore drop protein ... ... effect on IGF-1 ... ... kill off de novo nucleotide biosynth and growth ... ... use salvage pathway ... ... recycle and repair with stem cell contribution. All through absence in distress and no longer killing yourself with comfort food.
Old 06-06-18, 03:14 PM

Systematic decrease in protein and carb intake as growth slows ... ... cut out when fully physically grown ... ... ketosis and via Histone modification ... switch from growth proliferation ie tnfa vs tgfb into cortisol ie mitochondrial respiration with cortisol regulating the mitochondrial external environment to maintain electrochemical gradients with mineralocorticoid ... ... sugar, salt osmotically active disturb mitochondria ... ... finally ... ... growth and prolif over so want to see respiration with rearrangement via HDACi... ...https://www.google.com/url?q=https:/...M8VbXFU7SilR_K
Old 06-07-18, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ View Post
Deliberately left out the section on the emergence of increased sensitivity in ADHD ('Intense World Theory') - doesn't so much matter since if all of the above is acted upon - and people are free - then it doesn't really matter if you're more or less sensitive - just do what comes naturally.
However - just to complete the story.

-1- ADHD
The next speciation event on from Homo sapiens sapiens
- representing (in effect) a species with the same characteristics as Homo sapiens sapiens post-wisdom ie a new species in which the Doors of Perception are open at birth - do not need to be opened by attaining wisdom.
-2-
This is the so called attention deficit type of individual and is explained by the emergence of a novel type of neural microcircuit - explored by Markram and Markram in 'Intense World Theory' as a means by which a considerable amount more information may be helped to enter the mind/brain of individuals carrying this novel circuitry.
-3-
And that's all there is to it - a species which is 'customised' to wisdom because it can not pay attention to the acquisition of money / power (original sin) ... ... a species which is formed with a propensity towards learning and becoming better.
-4-
This is a very important idea - and need be understood in its entirety - human beings are not going to survive unless the realization is made that human beings have a specification - and that is for each to develop personal quality in a world characterized by people demonstrating maximal diversity in quality - and although this may seem like a big ask - all that's required is to see that simple morality acquisition makes the clockwork machinery of evoltuion (the process as described above) work naturally.
Old 06-07-18, 02:07 AM

Now - people will want to see how ^^^ results in the problems they face in daily life.

All ADDers have a problem in that they cannot concentrate on what they're told to concentrate on.
Attempts lead to stress lead to failure.
The inability to focus leads to the incapacity to develop - and so ADDers can be disabled by an insensitive society - starting from an early time-point.
In the absence of developing personal quality (often becoming of much lower quality than nonADDers) - reward is required through extreme measures ie highly stimulating pursuits in order to supply reward in a systme which is custimized to acquire reward from learning/creative expression.
Something good turns bad in an insensitive environment.

The ADDer is discarded from society and is unable to obtain reward - all of the various news stories about ADDers making up the largest part of prison, engaged in danger sports, being drawn to risky.criminal behaviours - then make sense.

The simple solution - is to see that as long as we make one realization - that the point of the human mind is not to know stuff but to confer a personal and deep sense of morality - that all then works out find for nonADDers and ADDers alike.

Important note - I've spent >15 years following up the statement that ADDers represent an evolutionary speciation event - I can now close off an underlying explanatory model for ALL problems of man - through invoking a fleshed out version of the ideas listed in this thread.

We are in the midst of an emergent evolutionary speciation event where informational sensitivity (mechanism revealed above) is occurring - and as with speciation events - the nonADDer type (Homo sapiens sapiens) will dies off - so strongly survival supportive is the novel structure that's to be found within the heads of ADDers.

An underlying mechanism by which reality captivated - people will be drawn back into reality and away from the escapism of computer games, video games and gossip.

Reality is set (by emergent evolutionary event) to become ever more captivating - all we need see - is that reality does not change - we do - a form of awakening or opening of eyes - since the increased capacity to acquire information arises through development of circuitry buried (and growing out fro,) within our cortex.

Presumably - sensitivity has been evolutionarily selected from our time as animals where sensitive senses were required to ensure we survived.

The novel quality emerged and then gave rise to a species in which quality was the reason for living as opposed to the mechanism by which survival was ensured.

And that is the end of the story.

Time for society to begin again.
Old 06-08-18, 11:44 PM

--- Autophagy continued ---

The vegetable will mean a low protein / high fibre intake which is what was advocated by our old head of the MRC Nutrition Centre https://www.bmj.com/content/317/7173/1636 and - and caffeine triggers us to clean ourselves eg here
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16923813 and 'Many human tumors occur because of dysregulation of mTOR signaling, and can confer higher susceptibility to inhibitors of mTOR' wikiP/MTOR_inhibitors.
This is incredible - Gerson is correct.
So - organic fruit juices (low protein) essential + caffeine + vitamin B -> Classical homocystinuria... can be acquired with a deficiency of B6, B12, or folate [wikiP/homocystinuria] where 'Inhibition of autophagy [occurs] by HHcy' https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5260994/

What's happening is that if we withhold N (protein) [and this should have been obvious] - that the cell turns inwards to find N - and instigates proper internal house-keeping methodologies.

The basic take home is soluble fibre (and a few supplements - I use coffee + nutritional yeast) - 'Nutritional yeast is a high-quality source of protein that also contains B vitamins, amino acids and at least 14 minerals and 17 vitamins' (Mercola site).

I wish I could help you out on an extreme fasting / aerobic exercise regime - as well as those aspects of Gerson. We're being destroyed by the pharmaceutical/biomedical/genetic industry at the moment (unemployment) - and I can't get the idea out that ALL disease is preventable.

Establishment Biomedical / Genetic / Pharmaceutical / Biotech sector is a huge scam.
Old 06-08-18, 11:52 PM

This is remarkable - any idiot could work out the mechanism of solving disease - it's simply a case of controlling 'growth' through withholding N - through eliminating protein - applying Sheila Bingham's idea of soluble fibre not protein ... ... https://www.bmj.com/content/317/7173/1636

- all that then happens is that the body shifts to gut biomic fermentation (fat) over carb and protein usage ... ... ...

So the central paradigm of medicine becomes

Development of physical body

insulin <- growth <- carb -><- protein [differnetiation] -> eg EGF/TGFb/IGF

followed by (when the physical body is complete)
insulin <- growth <- carb ->^
insulin <- growth <- carb ->|
insulin <- growth <- cacortfat (short chain fatty acids)

insulin <- growth <- cacortisol [blood glucose maintenance]

Establishment pharmaceutical industry / surgery / biotech / medical genetics / medicine is a load of nonsense.

Medics are greedy and have forgotten the oath.
Old 06-09-18, 12:45 AM

So the central paradigm of medicine becomes:

Development of physical body
insulin <- [growth] carb -> <- protein [differentiation] -> eg EGF/TGFb/IGF
.. ... followed by (when the physical body is complete) ... ...
insulin <- gro.w. <- carb ->^
insulin <- grow.th <- carb -|
insulin <- growth <- cacorfat [aerobic respiration] (short chain fatty acids)
insulin <- growth <- cacortisol [blood glucose maintenance]

So - the process of development naturally relies on cellulat replication and differentiation to yield an organism from a cell.
Growth and differentiation processes however go spectacularly awry in eg cancer.
The entire process of cancer (and developmental disorder - see ref above on overwhelming basis to developmental disorders in a standard non inbred population occurring through de novo (meiosis) mutations ... ... escaping repair mechanism) can be overcome by recapturing repair mechanism through modification of food intake preference by eliminating distress - giving rise to the desire to eat low protein foods / low fast mobilized carb foods ... .. gives rise to autophagy and proper control over DNA replication in meiosis and mitosis.

This idea is definitely correct - the aetiological basis of ALL human problems / human disease is to be found in hierarchical society (enforced by money/law cf corporation and government)
Old 06-10-18, 03:45 PM

Definitely

Only one mechanism need be considered.

The cure for consumerism (over-eating) is asceticism (fasting).

"Autophagy is a catabolic membrane-trafficking phenomenon that occurs in response to dramatic changes in the nutrients available to yeast cells, for example during starvation for nitrogen [IGF-1,protein] or carbon [Insulin,blood glucose elevation] (111, 116) or on challenge with rapamycin, a macrolide antibiotic whose effects mimic starvation."
http://mmbr.asm.org/content/65/3/463.full

--> low GI Veggies + MU_FA/Omega3_FA/MCT_FA

"Autophagy principally serves an adaptive role to protect organisms against diverse pathologies, including infections, cancer, neurodegeneration, aging, and heart disease."
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2696814/

The trick would be fasting and eating as above when we eat.
This diet isn't possible unless we're free from stress - see rat park where appetite changes from stimulant/narcotic to neutral (rejection of drugs) when happy.
Glutamate (protein) + Starch/sugar (blood glucose elevation) -> are potent stimulants required when depressed by life amongst stupid aggressive human beings.
Old 06-10-18, 03:52 PM

But what about all of the disease mechanisms that mol biologists try to uncover - well there are an infinite number of ways in which a car crash may occur - but just one way of preventing them all - putting on your barefoot sandals and exercising for 12 hours at a time.

Ketosis lifestyle - ascetic chic.
Quote:
Throw it all away
Exercise, fasting
Quote:
Mitochondrial biogenesis is increased, among other factors, by endurance exercise and caloric restriction.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3883043/
Old 06-10-18, 03:59 PM

End-point achieved - could easily close off all human disease / all human problems (period) - with this idea.

The basis to disorders of the disorders of Western (consumeristic) living are caused by consumeristic Western living.

That is so obvious - that all of the very special scientist who've been researching this for years - with papers, titles and much money - are going to look like bananas.

It's easy to work out just by thinking.