ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-17, 03:23 PM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 20,063 Times in 11,691 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute
Re: I want to try something on Friday or Saturday

Quote:
Originally Posted by peripatetic View Post
my best friend left this world six years, six months, one day, and 23.75 hours ago. i'm not in a position to judge when someone is "crazy" in general, but certainly not for missing a loved one.
Even if the loved one isn't even a human? Last news I ever had about him was when his new owners let him out too early and he went missing. I still don't know to this day if he ever turned up maybe he got killed on the railway tracks (he had no sense of danger at all, he used to even try going after foxes to kill them even though there's no way he would ever have managed to kill one)

I'll never know ......... and the therapist counsellor man pretty much told me to get over it because I'd never see him (Dylan) again

sorry i literally have tears in my eyes now, remembering, so i better shut up and stop it
Ebony (1st January 2014 - current)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm
Hope you all have a beautiful day
"Keep your dreams alive, dreaming is still how the strong survive" Oliver and Company (Disney)
Old 11-10-17, 03:25 PM

midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

and how I found out he was missing is by the posters his owners put up and one day the posters vanished, never heard a word from them about whether he was okay or not, I assume they found him but dead or alive I will never know

okay and I am shutting up now before I flip my lid.
"Keep your dreams alive, dreaming is still how the strong survive" Oliver and Company (Disney)
The Following User Says Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (11-10-17)
Old 11-10-17, 03:29 PM

family was all for dumping him at the door of the nearest rescuie whether Dylan was even counted as rehomable or not simply because they did not want him in the house and forced him to live outside even though all he wanted was to be loved and cuddled by people, even strangers could pick him up and cuddle him without him doing anything more than loudly purr and snuggle into them, he loved all humans. family were even willing to give him away to the wrong home simply so they got rid of him (the person who wanted him had a male kitten and Dylan would literally try and kill other male cats, he would literally use teeth and claws to try and rip the other male cat open, I saw him go at it so I always kept him away from other cats unless I was sure it was a female because females he was fine with and would try and love her if she let him anywhere near her)
The Following User Says Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (11-10-17)
Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-17, 03:30 PM

Thanked 31,939 Times in 14,398 Posts
peripatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond repute

love is love. loss of loved one is loss of loved one. what matters isn't what value others assigned to your loved one, but the value you assign.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to peripatetic For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (11-10-17), Lunacie (11-10-17), midnightstar (11-10-17), sarek (11-10-17)
Old 11-10-17, 03:31 PM

and I'm shutting up for real now, can feel myself starting to flip my lid
Old 11-10-17, 03:31 PM

Thanked 31,939 Times in 14,398 Posts
peripatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightstar View Post
and I'm shutting up for real now, can feel myself starting to flip my lid
why don't you take your PRN then? that's what it's for, yes?
The Following User Says Thank You to peripatetic For This Useful Post:
midnightstar (11-10-17)
Old 11-10-17, 03:35 PM

just taken meds, tbh it would be easier if I knew for sure he was gone, then I'd have been able to grieve and put this behind me, it's the not knowing that's always got to me.

nobody understands how much Dylan meant to me, everyone's like "it's just a cat, you've got more cats now"
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (11-10-17), peripatetic (11-10-17)
Old 11-10-17, 03:41 PM

if I was only allowed one wish for me it would be for me to know what happened to him, but as I said I'll never know.

I suppose the only blessing is that at least it was Dylan family decided to do that to and not Beauty. Beauty was too old and poorly to ever have been rehomed by the time Dylan came into rescue and when Beauty died that was when I took Dylan on cause he really wanted to come home with me, he'd try to follow me out every time I left and kept latching on to me clinging to me in a you are mine way (not aggression, I just can't describe it)

maybe if there's anything after this life for real I'll get to hold him one last time before I get thrown into the abyss never to get reunited with the others I have loved
Old 11-10-17, 03:42 PM

it's all I deserve, spending forever in the black abyss/whatever bad place there happens to be.

sorry I'll shut up for real and log off